Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic - Raheen/Patrickswell area

• 08-07-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a really good reputable mechanic for a car service in or around the above areas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Do it yourself? A car service is standard and most people should be able to do it themselves for a factor of the cost a garage would charge, what car do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

"Do it yourself". Maybe I'm just not used to things on this forum or simply taking this out of context but surely if you're not gonna be helpful then why bother posting? Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd rather let a professional at my car than try it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Fine, throw away €200 by contacting Brenden Holmes in Mungret just off the Dock Rd round about then, nothing wrong with him, good mechanic and he will do a good job.

Was just trying to save you a few quid by the suggestion. God forbid you might want to do that. &^%$$£

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

I'd recommend Ritchie Lyons across from the Mungret GAA pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wouldn't recommend Richie Lyons. He'd be ok for a basic service I suppose, but anything fancy, forget it.
    Marius on the dock road is yer man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

davo2001 wrote: »
    Fine, throw away €200 by contacting Brenden Holmes in Mungret just off the Dock Rd round about then, nothing wrong with him, good mechanic and he will do a good job.

Was just trying to save you a few quid by the suggestion. God forbid you might want to do that. &^%$$£
    Some people would rather just pay someone and avoid the hassle. Might want to spend their time doing other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Some people would rather just pay someone and avoid the hassle. Might want to spend their time doing other things.

When you do it yourself you know its done right most garage's dont open the sump plug instead they suck out the old oil. Can you be guaranteed they change your oil filter as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Alpina Motorworks - Mungret Roundabout Business centre. 061-2491534

Advertisement