Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead chickens on south link road near douglas?

Options
  • 08-07-2015 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hey, anyone know the story with all the dead chickens on the n40 south bound near douglas. Must have been 100s! The smell was horrible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

There was a crash there earlier, I imagine it'll be cleaned during the night when it's quieter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

There was some awful smell off it.. Nearly gawked out the window...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There was a large spill of fish and offal between Kinsale Rd and the Douglas East exit, presume it's all cleaned up now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no were they chickens, were they alive before it crashed..

Heard about it but thought it was offal or something I saw one car drive past and it looked like it was after coming out of a massacre of something

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All offal as far as I could see.
    No solid bits, just a load of blood and guts.
    It was dragged up the road past both Douglas exits.

The road was closed at about 7, surprisingly it wasn't earlier as it was very dangerous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mik_da_man wrote: »
    All offal as far as I could see.
    No solid bits, just a load of blood and guts.
    It was dragged up the road past both Douglas exits.

The road was closed at about 7, surprisingly it wasn't earlier as it was very dangerous...

ah jaysus, sounds rotten. I met the tailbacks just past Bishopstown roundabout. A Garda doing point duty on the Kinsale roundabout might have helped things but no sign of any..bar the lad in his van collecting a few traffic cones along the flyover.

The South Ring is so heavily used since it is the only orbital route of the south part of the city, when something happens we're all sitting ducks and all we can do is switch on one of the local stations and hope they will take a break from playing some crap music to inform us of the cause of the holdup :(

I've said it before, why don't they install large electronic signs on each of the main entrances onto the South Ring? In the event of an incident like this one all motorists could be given advance warning and avoid joining the gridlock.
    OK, I know this means you'd need a traffic monitoring group all the time (or even 8am-8pm at least) and that costs money etc...just an idea.

Or a less expensive option, install traffic cams along more spots of the South Ring, not just the tunnel...that would be pretty cheap to do.

Advertisement