Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing on the river mulcair limerick 2015?

Options
  • 08-07-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Well people,

Just back from Scotland for ten days, just wondering how the fishing is going for salmon/trout on the mulcair and bilboa this season?

Took the dog for a walk along bank by Britta's and dromkeen and noticed no pathways or trodden ground indicating very little fishing, I'm aware the water levels are low and have been low, just wanted to see was any of ye out fishing?

Also wondering if any of ye would know of or be interested yerselves in going out on the river some evening fly fishing for brown trout over the next ten days, only taken up fly fishing recently and would like some guidance, have tried millbank and they are booked up but would rather go with a local just going fishing.

Cheers,

Nash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Fred Nash wrote: »
    Well people,

Just back from Scotland for ten days, just wondering how the fishing is going for salmon/trout on the mulcair and bilboa this season?

Took the dog for a walk along bank by Britta's and dromkeen and noticed no pathways or trodden ground indicating very little fishing, I'm aware the water levels are low and have been low, just wanted to see was any of ye out fishing?

Also wondering if any of ye would know of or be interested yerselves in going out on the river some evening fly fishing for brown trout over the next ten days, only taken up fly fishing recently and would like some guidance, have tried millbank and they are booked up but would rather go with a local just going fishing.

Cheers,

Nash

Hi,

The mulcair is now c&r that's why not much people are fishing, was going to give it a go last but pulled out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fred Nash

I knew that c&r would deter a lot of anglers from fishing it, such a pity, the anglers don't even lessen salmon sticks that much, it's at sea the problem is. I take it nobody is really trying it for trout then?

Fred Nash wrote: »
    I knew that c&r would deter a lot of anglers from fishing it, such a pity, the anglers don't even lessen salmon sticks that much, it's at sea the problem is. I take it nobody is really trying it for trout then?

Well we don't know for sure what's happening out at sea but I think that is the problem, and poaching as well.., it was stupid why they decided to go c&r only as there wouldn't be as much anglers out on the water, thus there would be a greater chance of poachers, even if the river is being "policed" poachers are gonna keep on doing poaching no matter! Im not sure if there's a big stock of brownies there but I'd go to a local tackle shop and ask

Good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Is the regional licence enough to fish this river or is a permit also needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fred Nash

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Is the regional licence enough to fish this river or is a permit also needed?

Both regional and permit are required, I can't imagine many signed up this year

• Advertisement

You'd also need a esb permit too.. Not sure how much..

Advertisement