Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passenger on Cargo Ships

• 08-07-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have a quick query, I have been thinking of going on a longish passage on a cargo ship as a passenger. I am familiar enough with the running of a ship (STV Vessels).
    I have been on a cruise ship too and to tell the truth I wasn't that fond of it. It was just OK.

My questions are,

Would you have full run of the main deck, could you stroll around the ship?

The facilities on board, what would they be like?

Are passengers looked upon as a major pain in the arse by the crew on board?

I have researched it a little and the price varies appears to be around 3/4k sterling for a 30/50 day voyage return. I have looked at smaller one week voyages Dublin-Rotterdam-Dublin for 400 quid to get a feel for it.

Any bits of info or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Mankyspuds

Advertisement