Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 2 **US Spoilers**

Comments

The aliens thing isn't pissing off anyone else?

Yeah I don't like it personally. I don't see the point of it. Outside of Peggy's one-line, it detracts from the show as a whole. It makes it seem ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah I don't like it personally. I don't see the point of it. Outside of Peggy's one-line, it detracts from the show as a whole. It makes it seem ridiculous.

I'm holding out final judgement on the UFO thing until I see the final episode but at the moment I agree with what you're saying. It ruins it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

They can't leave out the alien parts. They have to show it out of respect for the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Was that Martin Freeman doing the intro's voice over?

It was, allthough uncredited it seems.

What a fantastic episode of TV, even the UFO madness is working ,
    seems its based on a "real" incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Johnson_incident

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

I'm holding out final judgement on the UFO thing until I see the final episode but at the moment I agree with what you're saying. It ruins it a bit.
    Peggy's an Alien...has to be it..she was too blase about the flying saucer and she's 'away with the fairies' :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was, allthough uncredited it seems.

It was credited. He was listed as a special guest star in the credits.

PIORUN wrote: »
    Peggy's an Alien...has to be it..she was too blase about the flying saucer and she's 'away with the fairies' :-)

Now that would ruin it !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'll admit that the alien subplot doesn't add much to the show, but they don't detract from it either. I don't mind the UFO showing up in the most recent episode. There were enough hints during the season for it to pay off. Assuming the aliens are finished with and the last episode doesn't go full Independence Day on us, it is fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Nah, didn't put me off episode 1 so it's hardly going to now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah not sure what the aliens thing is about. Wrong genre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nah, didn't put me off episode 1 so it's hardly going to now

At the start I put it down to him seeing things or perhaps it was a military experiment that could be mistaken for a UFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jayop wrote: »
    At the start I put it down to him seeing things or perhaps it was a military experiment that could be mistaken for a UFO.

Yeah, me too. And it was just him that saw it wasn't it? (can't remember for sure) Whereas this time everyone saw it so it can't be interpreted as one person seeing things or imagining things. I'm sure it'll all make sense after next week's episode.

Yeah, me too. And it was just him that saw it wasn't it? (can't remember for sure) Whereas this time everyone saw it so it can't be interpreted as one person seeing things or imagining things. I'm sure it'll all make sense after next week's episode.

Aye, as far as we know in the waffle house scene it was just him that seen the three lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

RE:UFO

When we first saw IT at the waffle house I thought it was just a nod to 1970's UFO Sightings/Paranoia/subculture just like the clothes and the music and Regan
    sort of setting the scene and it was not clear if one wounded person hallucinating or even a USAF test flight of a stealth helicopter or something.
    Now its pretty much confirmed its Aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Class show and I love the alien thing or reveal is all waiting for the finale. Might never be resolved, such are things in life.
    Amazing acting and episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I finally figured out who the Indian guy reminds me of. Another Coen character who crept the f*ck outta me

05035919_.jpg

02948edc-fa20-4294-8eac-6ab685636143-1020x612.jpeg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&

Me too, the petrol station scene was very 'No Country for Old Men", I was just waiting for the Indian to say give him a coin and tell him to 'call it'.

Does anyone else see fat Val Kilmar everytime Meth Damon is on screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Jayop wrote: »
    Does anyone else see fat Val Kilmar everytime Meth Damon is on screen?

Now that you mention it, sort of, mainly I just see Fatt Damon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I thought we were supposed to assume that Martin Freeman's narration, consisting of bits like 'We don't know what Hanzi said or what motivated him' means that the story we're being told isn't completely reliable, hence the aliens, which were a big source of paranoia in the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Its been a great series surprised its not more popular to be honest, It has a bit of everything.

I suppose Betsy is going to die before Lou returns, leaving molly in a tragic situation, The repercussions of which can still be seen in series one. If I could go back now I'd love to watch series 2 first and then watch series 1.

I absolutely love the UFO sub plot, Its so off the wall and a very brave move by the writers, It was pretty clear from the time Hanzee saw them outside the diner and lost hours in a few moments that there was something supernatural going on. I hope we are left with no explanation of the sightings and its just left open as it has no baring on the primary plot anyway.

I didn't even realise the two seasons were connected. What have they got in common?

I didn't even realise the two seasons were connected. What have they got in common?

Its basically just Lou and Molly feature in both, Its very interesting to see their back story tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

The Female cop in Fargo 2014 is the child of main cop in Fargo 1979
    The main cop in F79 is the old retired cop in F14
    There's a couple of scenes in F14 where he talks about F79
    Here's one

Also of the other cops is in both seasons
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/122387-fargo-easter-eggs-references-in-season-2-call-back-to-season-1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fargo 2014 was set in the 80s wasn't it?

• Advertisement

Fargo 2014 was set in the 80s wasn't it?

No its set in present day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Nope. It is set in 2006.

Ya sorry I ment more generally its now times:-)

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Here's one

http://www.bustle.com/articles/122387-fargo-easter-eggs-references-in-season-2-call-back-to-season-1

Great scene in the diner !!!

I'll rewatch series 1 after this .

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Here's one

didn't know Scmidt was Gus' boss in season 1...very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo9_r1_1280.jpg

Good spot...Cat 5 cable!...time travelers? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Good spot...Cat 5 cable!...time travelers? :D

Looks like brown coax to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yep, definitely not Cat 5.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can't wait for tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Mushy wrote: »
    I can't wait for tomorrow!

Im dreading it because its the last one!

Never imagined S2 would match S1 let alone totally surpass it,nothing comes close to it for me.Utterly compelling and totally addictive,it will be sorely missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Not coming on here til I watch the last one, hopefully tomorrow night. I hope they don't let us down! Been a superb series until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really stupid, no need for it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm watching on Channel 4. Tonight's episode was brilliant right up until that bloody flying saucer appeared. Is there really any need for that?

It did lead to Peggy's great "it's just a flying saucer, Ed. We gotta go!" though.

el diablo wrote: »
    Yep, definitely not Cat 5.

My roll of Cat5 came in a shipping container (house move) from Texas and is orange and looks exactly like that now. It's too narrow for coaxial.
    0000109_cat5e_cable_orange.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bit underwhelming I thought, maybe need to watch it again. Amazing season overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm watching on Channel 4. Tonight's episode was brilliant right up until that bloody flying saucer appeared. Is there really any need for that?

It did lead to Peggy's great "it's just a flying saucer, Ed. We gotta go!" though.

Well there is a need if we're following life as it were in 1979

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rikand wrote: »
    Well there is a need if we're following life as it were in 1979

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident

Alot of things happened in 1979. A bizarre thing to do, reminded me of those random lights in true detective.

I could understand Rye seeing it as it was open to interpretation, last night wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

The pilot ditching his helicopter in the ocean and saving his family really happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/us/vietnam-sea-rescue

loved this series but was a bit disappointed with the last episode. I was expecting something , not sure what though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There was a real Vic Mackey vibe to Milligan's ending. The finale was dull enough after all that went before. It just petered out unsatisfactorily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Poor ending for me. I was expecting a huge WTF moment that never came

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

There was a real Vic Mackey vibe to Milligan's ending. The finale was dull enough after all that went before. It just petered out unsatisfactorily.

I was thinking about Vic as well!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It was an epilogue. The real THE END came last week. Viewed as a boxset in years to come it makes sense.

As he said to the self-pitying Dunst "people died".

I like that Ted Danson was inventing a language 'cos he had toured Europe under fire and come back home to gun toting twats and space aliens and relatives with cancer. I'd smoke weed with the man.

Advertisement