Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

procedure for credit card charge back

Options
  • 08-07-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

We paid for daughter's holiday in a holiday home in Wexford by CC, done over fone, no CCV provided.
    House was a disaster, electric shock off toaster got moved without consent into another house, etc etc.

What is required for a chargeback?
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Talk to your credit card provider, different card schemes have different rules.
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Chargeback can have a clause that only applies if you receive none of what you paid for, as in holiday home wasn't there. There may be insurance with your credit card but that is card specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Rang PermoTSB, starting point is try to get refund from the "landlord" LOL!
    Thanks for input

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Banks will always push back on chargeback. If you have the VISA sign on your card you are entitled to request the chargeback. Tell your bank you have been on to VISA and to initiate the chargeback immediately or you will be contacting the Regulator

Banks will always push back on chargeback. If you have the VISA sign on your card you are entitled to request the chargeback. Tell your bank you have been on to VISA and to initiate the chargeback immediately or you will be contacting the Regulator

Refused again so regulator getting snail mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You need to contact the company you paid. Have they said they will not credit/recompense/refund you? This will be the first stage regardless and the regulators not going to say different

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not true. Chargebacks are only allowed in certain circumstances.

If the product or service was not provided the op would be entitled to a cb.

This is different, the service was provided, but it was substandard.

Just to add to this, deposit of 150 was paid and then our 500.
    When she arrived they said they had no booking from her and there was "no room at the inn"
    After a row, she and the kids were given a house for a number of nights and were told they would have to move at some point.
    Came back from beach one day to find all their kit out on the lawn, in the or cress of being moved, new tenants in the house:)

They moved to a different house and when the TV socket started smoking she gathered up the kids and legged it.

The crowd are not with Borf Failte

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Almost any course of action open to you will require that you have attempted to resolve things directly with the provider first.

Have you attempted to talk to them and ask for a refund?

If that doesn't (hasn't) worked, you may want to consider the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Graham wrote: »
    Almost any course of action open to you will require that you have attempted to resolve things directly with the provider first.

Have you attempted to talk to them and ask for a refund?

If that doesn't (hasn't) worked, you may want to consider the small claims court.

+1 complain in writing (which can be email if available) to vendor and then SCC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

If the bank still refused the chargeback ring the irish payment services organisation they will advise you on chargeback. your bank should move once you say regulator or ipso involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IPSO no longer exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement