Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water thread locking

Options
  • 08-07-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

NorthStars wrote:
    Can you tell me how many people have actually paid their , now past due, water bills?
    Please acquaint yourself with this forum's charter.

I don't see anything in the IW forum charter that constituted the thread getting locked.
    Dav wrote:
    Welcome to the Talk to Irish Water Forum on Boards.ie.

A representative from Irish Water’s Customer Care team will be here between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to answer your questions and queries around our service.

Our representatives are:
    Irish Water: Aaron
    Irish Water: Allanah
    Irish Water: Amy
    Irish Water: Kim
    Irish Water: Niall
    Irish Water: Reps
    Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, please see our contact details here: https://www.water.ie/help-centre/contact-us/

From Irish Water:

Originally posted by Irish Water
    Why is Irish Water here?

We are here to listen and to help, where possible, with your Irish Water queries. We will also use the forum to let customers and non-customers know of any updates in relation to the service and to also provide water conservation tips.

It’s important to note that this is an open forum and opinions posted by other users do not represent the views of, or constitute advice from, Irish Water.

How long will it take to solve my issue?

It depends on the nature of your query. We will endeavour to address all queries as quickly as possible within the operating hours of 9am and 5pm. However, some queries may take longer to resolve as we may need to liaise with other departments within Irish Water or we may be experiencing high volumes of queries at that time. All posts received outside of our online hours will be addressed, in order of receipt, as soon as we are back online.

For some queries, we will require more information from you so that we can fully assist you with your query. On such occasions, and to protect your privacy, we’ll ask you to send us a private message.

What you can expect from us?

We will always treat your query with respect and privacy.

In order to ensure that we can resolve your query as quickly as possible, we may, at times, ask for your name and contact details. Where this is required, we will always request that these details are sent to us via private message.

What we expect from you?

We expect all forum users to behave in a well-mannered and reasonable way at all times. Personal abuse will not be tolerated. We would also ask that for privacy reasons, you refrain from using personal names of or information relating to any Irish Water staff member in public threads. We will take any feedback you have on board but the staff name/information will need to be provided privately.

What will we do with your feedback?

To ensure the highest standard of service for our customers, we will pass on your feedback to the relevant people on our team.

Media Queries

All media queries regarding Irish Water can not be dealt with by this forum and should be referred to the following email address press@water.ie.

PLEASE NOTE: All information posted by Irish Water Reps is correct at time of post and may be subject to change.

Seirbhís trí Ghaeilge

Tá seirbhís trí mheán na Gaeilge ar fáil ar an bhfóram seo freisin agus beidh muid sásta glacadh le ceisteanna am ar bith. Mura mbíonn comhairleoir le Gaeilge ar fáil ag an am a chuireann tú do cheist chugainn, cuirfear sin in iúl duit. Tiocfaidh muid ar ais chugat chomh luath agus is féidir linn maidir
    leis an gceist a chuireann tú ina dhiaidh sin.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you.

The Irish Water Team

All the usual forum guidelines apply in this forum. Personal abuse will not be tolerated.

Important to note that the team cannot answer every question immediately - due to the size of Irish Water and the variety of departments, they have internal processes to follow themselves, so please be patient

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This has to be said, and even though I don't intend for it to be sarky, I fear it will be read so. Anyway...

This thread was locked by Niamh, who is an employee of boards.ie Limited, over two weeks ago on June 23rd. Moderating decisions that have been made at staff level are outside the hands of the Moderators and Administrators of the site, who are merely unpaid volunteers.

Full-time, paid staff members are not obliged to answer questions about moderating decisions they make. Within reason, they can pretty much do what they like, and me and you are nothing more than guests on a private forum. Asking a staff member to explain their actions usually just gets ignored. Having said that, I will do my best to have a guess at why Niamh locked the thread that you have linked to.

The question you have linked to is not covered by the IW forum charter, which states:
    A representative from Irish Water’s Customer Care team will be here between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to answer your questions and queries around our service.

The question of:
    Can you tell me how many people have actually paid their , now past due, water bills?

...is not about the service they provide, and I would imagine that's why Niamh locked the thread and referred the OP to the charter.

I would imagine if you called Irish Water, they would either tell you how you can go about obtaining the information in the thread you linked to, or they will tell you it's not information they disclose. Either way, this isn't a boards.ie issue, and it's not a question that the IW Reps are here to answer as per their charter.

Niamh is highly unlikely to see this thread, or offer an explanation on why she closed a thread. However, there are other ways you can make your voice heard. In accordance with section 9 of the site's Terms of Use, you are free to submit your opinions, thoughts and feedback on both the site, and the services that are offered herein. You can do so via e-mail to hello ~at~ boards [dot] ie, or via postal mail to: Boards.ie Limited, Latin Hall, Golden Lane, Dublin 8.

Thread closed.

-Shield.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Shield is correct. The question was outside of the remit of a Talk to forum and for a new forum, we want to be very clear about what is and is not appropriate. Perhaps I should have elaborated when posting my closing comment and I will endeavor to be clearer in future posts to avoid confusion but such questions will continue to be deemed as inappropriate for a customer service channel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement