Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 Gaming build

Options
  • 08-07-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

1. What is your budget? [€800-1200]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (Total War Series, Arma 3. Would like to play online with friends at high to ultra settings)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [24']

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [N/A]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Yes, Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Speakers]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [Soon]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [N/A]

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

BenQ 2450 €130
    R9 290 €300
    8gb RAM €50
    500w PSU €60
    250gb SSD €85
    i5 4460 €175
    H97 board €80
    1tb HDD €50
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    Windows is €20 from Reddit
    Total €1020

Any Qs ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

You could squeeze an overclockable i5 in there, but if OP doesn't want to overclock there's no need.

No harm throwing in an aftermarket cooler for 25 quid for a bit better cooling and queitness (is the coolermaster still the go to one? Can't remember the exaxt model :P).

I recommend 290 Powercolor PCS or TriX (new edition) 290s.

As an aside, 290s have fone up in price. Might be the euro weakeness, but I remember 290 PCSs being 250 euro a few months ago.

OP, you can use Hardwareversand.de for components, and use links via Geizhals.de ro save a few quid more!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Gumbi wrote: »
    You could squeeze an overclockable i5 in there, but if OP doesn't want to overclock there's no need.

No harm throwing in an aftermarket cooler for 25 quid for a bit better cooling and queitness (is the coolermaster still the go to one? Can't remember the exaxt model :P).

I ordered the one you're on about, think it's the
    Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO.

Haven't got it yet, but my research said it's a very good budget option.

That's the one Gumbi is talking about. No need imo, I can get below ambient with the stock Intel cooler so its fairly good anyways.

For overclocking, up to OP, I can list one if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

That's the one Gumbi is talking about. No need imo, I can get below ambient with the stock Intel cooler so its fairly good anyways.

For overclocking, up to OP, I can list one if you want.

I almost agree with you. If we were budget constrained I would be with you 100%, but I feel like when we're so far under budget it's something nice not to pass up on. It can transfer to another build too and will do 4.2-4.4ghz overclocking if need be if he upgrades toan overclocking i5 chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I can get below ambient with the stock Intel cooler so its fairly good anyways.
    Something wrong with either the sensors/software/thermostat your using as its impossible to get below ambient with air or water cooling (unless using a chiller)
    :pac:

I'm taking ambient as 23°C in December shush let me have my moment.

I've gotten to 16°C though, which is pretty good

He wanted to spend 800-1200, so its good I think.

i5k will cost €105 more OP

Advertisement