Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Yesterday evening I went to the lady I have been going to for 5 months now, she does complimentary healing, I find her fantastic. She has helped me so much to prepare for this IVF round and I feel I wouldn't have gotten on so well had I not been with her. So I went last night and she worked on me, I actually slept for the whole hour I was there, that's how relaxed I was, so so worth it, I was on cloud nine coming out! Very tired though, got myself a Supermacs (I know I know, shouldn't be eating crap but I did!!!) went home, spent the evening on the couch with OH watching Game of Thrones, perfect evening!!

Didn't have to wait to long for the call from the clinic this morning, they phoned at 8:58, wasnt' expecting it that early. 3 of the embryos are dividing as normal and are all at 4 cell. They are going to keep them and aim for Monday transfer, they will call me tomorrow again for an update. Praying those 3 little ones keep going as normal. I actually cried after the phone call I was so happy. It's going to work this time, I know it is :-)

Brilliant news. Will say a little prayer for them and you. Try and relax for the weekend and think positive thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thanks so much Brokensoul, much appreciated :) hope you are keeping well yourself x

Thanks so much Brokensoul, much appreciated :) hope you are keeping well yourself x

In hospital, under observation. All going well though, hoping to get past the 35 week mark on Sunday.

Currently hooked up to a monitor watching my twins heartbeats. Tis miraculous!

Oh wow, well at least you're in the best possible place. That must be miraculous alright listening to the heartbeats, lucky you. Take car of yourself and those lovely twins xx

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Brokensoul, so excited for you! Really hope you and your babies are doing well

• Advertisement

They arrived at 10am on the 17th. Iarla at just over 5lbs and Eabhan at just over 4lbs.

They are in special care because of being premature and small but are doing really well.

Delighted and overwhelmed by it all!!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations!! Fantastic news! Enjoy every minute of motherhood :) sending good thoughts to you all and hopefully you all get home before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh brilliant brokensoul! I hope all goes well now. How many weeks gestation were you? Why were they delivered early?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

fits wrote: »
    Oh brilliant brokensoul! I hope all goes well now. How many weeks gestation were you? Why were they delivered early?

Brokensoul was 35 weeks along. 36 weeks is generally considered full term for twins, but by the sounds of it, one of the twins had stopped growing since the last scan.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100379890&postcount=443

35 weeks is pretty good! I am interested in all things twin related of course...

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Brokensoul was 35 weeks along. 36 weeks is generally considered full term for twins, but by the sounds of it, one of the twins had stopped growing since the last scan.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100379890&postcount=443

They thought that she had stopped growing. She actually hadn't which means she arrived bigger than expected which was awesome!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

brokensoul wrote: »
    They thought that she had stopped growing. She actually hadn't which means she arrived bigger than expected which was awesome!

Even better news :)

I'm so delighted that they arrived safely for you. Hope you all are doing well.

brokensoul wrote: »
    They arrived at 10am on the 17th. Iarla at just over 5lbs and Eabhan at just over 4lbs.

They are in special care because of being premature and small but are doing really well.

Delighted and overwhelmed by it all!!!

Fantastic news brokensoul, congratulations on your beautiful arrivals, hope you are doing ok and that you'll soon be home with your beautiful babies, so glad to hear you are all doing well xx

I have 2 blasts transferred today, 1 was a perfect Grade 1 and the other was good between grade 1&2. Feeling very relaxed and happy to be PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise!!), OTD is 30th July

That's great Hollywood! Will keep the fingers crossed for you in the tww.

More on this journey...

I feel I didn't give enough info this time from after EC so I'm just going to add a little bit. On my first IVF journey they collected 6 eggs. 2 made it as far as a 3 day transfer, I was also on Long Protocol that time. So none of the 2 as far as I know (or maybe they did) made it to blast, they certainly didn't in the lab anyway.

This time with Short Protocol, 4 eggs were collected and amazingly all made it to blast, one did divide abnormally but corrected itself a day or two later. In the year I waited between cycles I started eating better, taking regular exercise, we moved into our own new house, started taking supplements and I started going to a complimentary healer. All of which I believe helped improve the quality of my eggs. You wouldn't believe my shock and if I'm honest I'm still shocked, that all 4 eggs made it to blast. As I mentioned above I have 2 now onboard and I have 2 in the freezer.

I might aswell completely forget the first cycle, it is amazing the difference this time it really is. My point really is NEVER give up hope. IVF may fail the first time or even OI or whatever treatment you are on but the next cycle may be completely different. Every little bit helps. While I'm none the wiser at the moment as to whether or not I'm pregnant I feel so happy with how this cycle has gone, I feel confident, relaxed and positive. I do believe this is my time and I think that is the only way to get through this wait. Not long to go though, 11 days, trying not to count.

The embryologist yesterday wanted to transfer 1 blast as it was absolutely perfect according to her and I had a high change of getting pregnant with that one she thought. She did give me the option of putting 2 back which raised by chances by 7-8%. She also told me with 2 back it increased my risk of twins by 40%. I found it so very difficult to decide. I discussed it with OH and we felt that 2 was the option for us, our reason, we're over 7 years on this journey and we really want to be pregnant right now, we've waited so long and invested so much, we feel its our time. We told the embryologist this and she was happy with our decision once we were aware of the risks. So to lower the chance of twins we had a perfect Grade 1 but back and a Grade 1-2. So the later isn't as good as the Grade 1. I did find that decision very difficult, I just wanted them to make it for me but the embryologist had a good chat with me and told me to be happy with my decision and I was after speaking with her. So here I am, 2 beauties on board whom I'm talking to every day and visualising as well as praying they're making themselves comfortable.

Heading home soon to eat some pineapple and brazil nuts as I've heard these are both good for implantation. Also warm feet which isn't an issue today. May be nothing to it but theres no harm in trying. Oh and I also come home yesterday after ET to watch 20 episodes of Impractical Jokers, spend the day laughing (heard this is good too!!).

Hope this gives a little help to anyone that is on this journey and that I'm not just waffling on!!
    Thinking of you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ms.Maggie

Fantastic news Hollywood on your two lovely blasts on board (and of course the two in the freezer)!! So glad you're feeling so positive and relaxed. I hope this is your time!! I'll be keeping a close eye out for your news. I have everything crossed for you! x

Hi everyone

So today I'm 3dp 5dt. Last night I was home alone for the evening because OH is on nights for the rest of the week. Let my thoughts run away with themselves for about an hour which was not a very happy time, them I thankfully was able to tell myself cop on and I sorted my head out! So yesterday was one of those mad 2WW days! It was a bit early for one of those slips seeing as I have another 8 full days before I test.

Today I'm not as bad. Feeling a bit tired and would kill for a nice cappuccino :D but hey I'll treat myself to a decaf at the weekend. I've made plans to meet my friend this evening so at least I won't be home alone with my thoughts. Need to occupy the mind, love those moments when I'm not thinking about it at all, it's very hard though.

Feeling ok aside from the mental bits :D I'm tired and bloated which I believe is caused by the Progesterone. I am a bit crampy on and off. Aside from that all is good.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

It really must be quite the killer this tww after ivf. Everything crossed for you.

It totally is fits. I'm alot calmer this time than I was the first time. Trying to keep my mind occupied, when I'm with people and chatting it aint so bad but as soon as I'm left on my own I start getting antsy. I think once I get this week at work over me I'll be grand (famous last words!!!)

Hope you're hanging in there okay Hollywood! The two week wait is so hard at the best of times but must be so much harder after IVF (two IVFs down and I've yet to experience a TWW!) You have a great attitude and as you say yourself, so far everything has been so much more positive. Thinking of you!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Ms Maggie. To be honest, I'm kind of suffering now. Suppose I'm into the last few days. It really is getting harder. I just need to try and pull myself together. I could have done with having this week off work. I do have Friday off so at least I've only 4 days to do. Need to take each day as it comes. Just starting to feel nervous now.

Going to go to my Complimentary healer on Wednesday, see if she can relax me a bit! I'm 7dp 5dt today. Getting there. I've alot on tomorrow so at least that will fly by.

Your time will certainly come MsMaggie, I've every faith in you. Keeping everything crossed for you too xx

Today I'm 8dp5dt of 2 beautiful blastocysts. Yesterday was a bad day for me, couldn't get out of my own head at all. Was feeling really sh***y. Had pains on and off the whole day, some of them felt like AF others were just pinching. I was completely exhausted (very tired these days) so went home after work and had a sleep on the could for 40mins. Went for a nice walk after that and did manage to feel a bit better. Took a really bad headache that sent me to bed early. Had pinching pains down my right side all night, like turning over in the bed woke me a few times because my tummy was sore.

Today I have pains too, they don't feel like AF though and hopefully it stays that way. I'm still exhausted, can't seem to shake that. On and off for the past few days I've felt like I'm getting a sore throat but it doesn't happen, my throat just feels weird, doesn't make sense I know but I can't make sense of it myself :D. My boobs are killing me but they have been since I started this round, they are certainly swelled and feel quite hard though, that's new. But again that's most likely the progesterone. Very bloated too again, progesterone.

Nothing else to report. The days are getting longer. I've taken Friday off work so I won't go stir crazy at my desk and that I can take it easy at home, go for lunch with my Mum or something. Only 3 days to go after today and I'll see my faith. Fingers crossed :angel:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah God love you Hollywood130, I don't know how you're getting through the wait. It sounds like you've had a long journey of it but are keeping very upbeat and positive. Are you waiting until the day your period is due to test? Or will you take an early pregnancy test a few days before?

Ah God love you Hollywood130, I don't know how you're getting through the wait. It sounds like you've had a long journey of it but are keeping very upbeat and positive. Are you waiting until the day your period is due to test? Or will you take an early pregnancy test a few days before?

It's not really advised to test early on assisted cycles because you get a false reading. I'm advised not to test until 18 days after trigger shot, so roughly 16 days post ovulation because of the medication giving a false positive. I'd imagine an IVF cycle is similar.

Catrionanic, I really don't know how I'm getting through it, it's tough, it's a waiting game and I'm not a patient person :D. I am trying to stay as positive as possible but to be honest, I'm struggling this week. The clinic gave me the 30th as my official test date so I'm waiting until then. I normally have a 26 day cycle, and today is day 26 so AF should be due tomorrow but maybe with all the meds it may not have been a normal cycle. Going to hold out until Saturday morning anyway. I'm all too used to doing tests and getting BFN's so I'm waiting. I'd love to test early but I'm too afraid.

Yeah Neyite, I'm not taking any chances testing early so I'll go with the date the clinic gave me. Be so glad to get tomorrow over me, I'll be off work Friday and not back until Tuesday. Least I'll have a few days after the test do do whatever I need to.

Feeling anxious today, I'm having AF type cramps on and off but I also feel like I have a stitch all morning too. Here I am analysing again, really thought I wouldn't be like this, who was I kidding!! Wish I could switch off until Saturday!!

Very best of luck testing today Hollywood. Thinking of you and have everything crossed that you get your positive result xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yea, good luck. Thinking of you

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I've been checking in all weekend hoping Hollywood will have good news. Fingers crossed. Here's hoping!!

Ladies I'm overjoyed to be typing this... I'm pregnant!!! Got 2 positive results on Saturday morning. After 7 years and 3 months it has FINALLY happened. Really can't believe it, still in shock. Completely over the moon. As I'm typing I can't even believe it :D

So sorry I didn't get to post before now, I was meaning too, was just one of those weekends, had nothing else on my mind. I was all over the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Oh Hollywood, that's such wonderful news. Massive massive congratulations to you and your OH. I must admit, I was checking in over the weekend too and hoping to see good news from you so this is just fantastic. All the very best for the next 9 months and beyond.

Advertisement