Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Journey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thanks Ally, we are completely shocked and so very happy. We have an early scan booked for the 18th. Looking forward to that and still keeping everything crossed because it is early days but I'm being very positive xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ms.Maggie

Congratulations Hollywood!!! This is amazing news! It gives so much hope to those of us still waiting. You must be just over the moon after such a long wait. Enjoy this time so much and I'll be hoping that all goes well for your first scan! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Woo hoo!!!! This is the best thing I have ever read on boards. I'm so thrilled for you both. Take care of yourself x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Ladies I'm overjoyed to be typing this... I'm pregnant!!! Got 2 positive results on Saturday morning. After 7 years and 3 months it has FINALLY happened. Really can't believe it, still in shock. Completely over the moon. As I'm typing I can't even believe it :D

So sorry I didn't get to post before now, I was meaning too, was just one of those weekends, had nothing else on my mind. I was all over the place!

Oh I am soooooooo f**king thrilled to read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was checking in over the weekend hoping for good news. I hope you can relax a little and enjoy it. Will have you in my thoughts for the 18th, lovely to get an early scan for some reassurance.

Delighted for you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Whaaaaaaaat. That's incredible! Now get you over to the Due April 2017 thread! Well done!

• Advertisement

Oh didn't realise there was a thread! Must look it up. Thanks so much ladies! So excited!! Its all I want to talk about!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Hollywood a massive congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you.
    Well ladies I'm just over 6 week pregnant. It's been nerve-wracking though. I've been bleeding a lot. So say a prayer that the little one hangs in there!
    My doctor says that 50% of his patients bleed after ivf. So he doesn't seem too concerned.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congratulations Saraj14!!!

I know plenty of women who bled a lot during pregnancy - its nerve wracking but all was fine in the end.

Sara, huge congratulations to you, I'm just over 4 weeks! Not too much between us. Keeping everything crossed for you and hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Have you had your early scan or is that happening soon? I too know alot of women that bled, praying for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

saraj14 wrote: »
    Well ladies I'm just over 6 week pregnant. It's been nerve-wracking though. I've been bleeding a lot. So say a prayer that the little one hangs in there!
    My doctor says that 50% of his patients bleed after ivf. So he doesn't seem too concerned.

Congrats delighted for you. Look after yourself

• Advertisement

I had a scan this morning. Only one folicil unfortunately. The nurse told me normally they go ahead with 3, they'd expect 2 with my low AMH but after discussing it with her I'm going go with IVF and one folicil. The last cycle that was cancelled I'd three folicils all at 6 that wouldn't grow. This folicil is 16 after 5 days. I feel I could be waiting another two months for a natural period, I may not get a low FSH like this time and I'd regret it. Nothing ventured nothing gained hopefully! Has anyone any experience of this? I'm feeling very well. I started on cetrdoide this morning after the scan. I'm back for a scan on Friday. I'm hoping I'll be continuing the good news on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Huge congratulations saraj14. Really hope the bleeding settles down as it must be nerve wracking.
    Sorry to hear it's only one follicle fingers and toes. Maybe they will find more in there when they go to collect. Best of luck with it anyway.

Best of luck fingersandtoes. You're right to go with your gut feeling. Really hope this is round for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh wow, huge congrats Sara!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

Congrats Hollywood & Saraj! Fellow IVF'er here. I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant after my 6th cycle. Have DD after my 3rd. Hoping for good news for all ye ladies here. Saraj I had a bleed at 8 weeks and thought our dreams were all over but tg baby hung in there and all is well. Never had bleeding on my first so it scared the life out of me.

Babydust to all ye ladies xxx.

I've got everything crossed for your scan tomorrow Fingersandtoes, who knows what might happen, they may even get another follicle xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ms.Maggie

Congratulations Sara and unichick!

Fingersandtoes, I definitely think you did the right thing. You can never say that you didn't try. Both times with my IVF i had more follicles than appeared on the scans so fingers crossed you have some more hiding in there. Very best of luck to you xx

I had a bleed at 5 weeks for about a week and I am sitting here now with my two lovely babies!

Fingers crossed for you. x

Congratulations Unichick :)

Hope you are keeping well brokensoul and your beautiful babies x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

Just found this thread now... how did your scan go hollywood?

I'm gonna start my 2nd IVF cycle soon. 1st in Ireland didnt work so we are going abroad for the 2nd one. EEK

• Advertisement

My scan went very well, everything is as it should be and the clinic were very happy with the progress so they have now discharged me! I was 7 weeks when I had the scan done so we were able to see the little flicker of the heartbeat which is completely indescribable, was completely unreal. There is only 1 lil'un in there, I had 2 blasts transferred so I had a good chance of twins but all they could see was one. Was a great day!

I'm still sick every single day, struggling through it, got heartburn, aversions to food and extreme tiredness. It's all good though :D

Dublingal, the very best of luck with your second round of IVF, I hope it all goes very well for you

Hope everyone else is doing well

Saraj and Hollywood. Hope you are both feeling ok. Hollywood I can't imagine the happiness you felt being discharged from the clinic.
    Dublin gal and anyone else starting IVF I wish you lots of luck

Hi everyone, well great news! i'm over 13 weeks pregnant!
    To say my partner and i are thrilled is an understatement. Thank you everyone for all the support. You've been amazing.
    Best of luck to everyone starting on this journey. it is a rotten process, but hopefully one that is worth all the heartache.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sara, that is WONDERFUL news :):) Absolutely delighted for you!

To say my partner and i are thrilled is an understatement. Thank you everyone for all the support. You've been amazing.
    Best of luck to everyone starting on this journey. it is a rotten process, but hopefully one that is worth all the heartache.

Delighted to hear this, hope you have a good pregnancy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Awesome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

OMG, how did I just see this now? Huge congratulations sweetie xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dubsfor3

I believe that the web is very much about participation, thus the post. I've signed in as first time user, but I'm far from that! I decided to keep this side of things separate to my main Boards persona. I fell upon this thread and took a flyer to comment.

Myself and my wife just concluded this 'journey' – all for naught unfortunately.

So that's that.

We decided that we'd try having been unable to conceive over the past few years.

To be frank, it wasn't my really the road I wanted to go down – although the options were limited – but my wife was very keen to give it a try and, essentially, draw a line under this part of our lives. I'd follow her to the end of the earth if necessary – so I was a willing participant.

I thought at the outset that if the outcome was negative I'd deal with it and I'd be ok – but strangely I'm not!

Without rambling I suppose the point is that human emotion leads us to dwell on the positive. You don't go down this road to 'fail'. You always look to the positive even though, in our case, the numbers were stacked against us. But it can/does happen.

If you are going down this road 'try' and keep grounded – but that’s close to impossible.

I wish every, every, every, best wish to those going through it. We're blessed that we already have a 5yr old so that somewhat softening the blow.

I'm not going to be back here again (no insult intended to anyone) as I think I'll just try and move on.

Hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on for a while but I'll always come back and check xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is there anyone now going through ivf as I know the posts I’m reading are a few years old x

Advertisement