Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

TomeeTipee wrote:
    Will you hold out until your official test date do you think?
    I'm going to try and hold out. But let's be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Best of luck Hollywood & saraj xx

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

saraj14 wrote: »
    Well ladies, some positive news to report! The egg fertilized, and they implanted on friday morning.
    Thursday evening i went to a chiropractor.
    My acupuncturist was brilliant and saw me at 6.50 on the morning of transfer, and again after.
    So i spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing!
    So i have fingers and toes crossed it works.
    The clinic has told me not to test until the 7th of September! I really can't wait that long.

Brilliant news!

We I had my transfer they gave me a really far out test date too. I did stick to it, though God knows maybe I could have saved myself days second guessing had I tested earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Morning ladies.

Sara that is fantastic news, congrats to you. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan for you. The 7th does seem very far away, I had transfer on Friday too but they told me to test on the 28th, 14 days after transfer.

Today I am 3 days past transfer, only 11 days to go until official test day, however, I can't test on the 28th I have a friends wedding that day and I know if the test was negative I couldn't go through with going to the Wedding if I did go I would have a terrible day so I am going to hold out until the following day which will be a Saturday. Yesterday was a pretty low day for me, I had terrible sharp pains low down in my tummy most of the day and it was just getting me down, they didn't feel like period pains but they were worrying me really. They did go after a while which was good. Other than that I am bloated and have very sore boobs, this could all be coming from the Crinone gel though.

For this 2ww my plan is to keep my mind occupied as often as possible. Last might we went to town with my nephew because there were fireworks on and we met friends, didn't think about it once! It was 2:30 when I got to bed so I am tired this morning!

Hope you all are doing well. xx

For what it is worth, for all the symptom checking and obsessing I did, I actually couldn't tell any difference between "normal" pms symptoms for me (backache, bloating, need for chocolate!) and my early pregnancy symptoms.

A week or two after the test I got the real tiredness and sore boobs and stuff but during the 2ww I was convinced that it hadn't worked.

I know it is different for everyone, but I wouldn't get disheartened during the 2ww no matter what you feel.

• Advertisement

Your so right Brokensoul, I'm not going to get caught up in the symptoms because you never can tell.

Can I ask you a question, did you use Crinone Gel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Sara I am delighted to read your news! Wishing you the very best of luck pet xx

Your so right Brokensoul, I'm not going to get caught up in the symptoms because you never can tell.

Can I ask you a question, did you use Crinone Gel?

Hey, that is progesterone gel right?

I didn't, but I did use progesterone pessaries, which I loathed! Can't remember the brand name of them offhand.

are they bad borkensoul? I've to start them when we do our transfer.

stickybean wrote: »
    are they bad borkensoul? I've to start them when we do our transfer.

Without getting too TMI with you, they make you kind of.... slimy!

I had to use them at night and in the morning. At night they were fine becaue you are going to sleep and they dissolve quite quickly. They do leave a residue but that is not too bad.

In the morning though, I found that if I got up after inserting them they could slide out, or leak, so I ended up setting the alarm an hour earlier and inserting them and then going back to sleep.

I didn't notice any side effects from them or anything, I just didn't like they aforementioned slime- ness!

• Advertisement

brokensoul wrote: »

I had to use them at night and in the morning. At night they were fine becaue you are going to sleep and they dissolve quite quickly. They do leave a residue but that is not too bad.

In the morning though, I found that if I got up after inserting them they could slide out, or leak, so I ended up setting the alarm an hour earlier and inserting them and then going back to sleep.

I didn't notice any side effects from them or anything, I just didn't like they aforementioned slime- ness!

Ah great! Something else magical and wonderful to look forward too :D

In school, I thought if you kissed a boy you got pregnant... how wrong I was

Ah great! Something else magical and wonderful to look forward too :D

In school, I thought if you kissed a boy you got pregnant... how wrong I was

hee hee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Is that the cyclogest Brokensoul? I hated them so I started using them as suppositories instead which my consultant said was fine. No more mess!

Hollywood and Sara wishing you all the luck in the world

Is that the cyclogest Brokensoul? I hated them so I started using them as suppositories instead which my consultant said was fine. No more mess!

Hollywood and Sara wishing you all the luck in the world

That's the one!

Handy to know as I think they will probably prescribe them again next time.

Oh surely the suppositories we're worse?

Oh surely the suppositories we're worse?

I did some reading on that last night and for reasons too TMI to go into, apparently they are better at staying put when used as a suppository!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I did some reading on that last night and for reasons too TMI to go into, apparently they are better at staying put when used as a suppository!

Yeah once you have them in they're not going anywhere until you use the loo (and the absorption happens in the first 20 mins so you don't need to worry about that either). You would totally forget they're there - it's much better!

Yes Brokensoul, I was wonering if you found them messy but I read somewhere else that they are!!

Thank You ContraryMary.

I am 5 days past my 3 days transfer so implantation should be starting today, keeping everything crossed that they stick. I'm not looking into the symptoms because they could be from the progesterone but so far I am tired, bloated, achy boobs and very tender nipples, felt sick 3 days in a row at exactly 11:40 (strange) it soon disappeared. The past two days have been messier with the pessaries. Feeling quite emotional but hey it's an emotional journey! Finding it hard to not think about the whole thing every minute of every day, the moments I catch that I am completely distracted are a welcome treat, it's great to get the mind of it every now and again.

Hope all you ladies are doing good

Hi ladies, hope all is going well. These last few days have been tough. It is such a rollercoaster!
    I've gotten some spotting since yesterday. So I'm just very disheartened. Still a little hopeful

Sorry to hear that you have had a rough few days Sara, it can be so hard, how many days past transfer are you? Don't get too upset about it maybe it's implantation, spotting can be expected with that, some people do get it. Stay positive, when is your test date again?

So today I am 10days part 3 day transfer and I feel this week is going to be very hard, I'm into the last few days and I will know one way or another soon. Saturday will be the day I test. So last week I had lots of symptoms, I had very sore boobs, lots of cramping which both seem to be going away since Saturday, don't know what to think about this. I am still very tired and the last 2 night I have found it hard to sleep, very warm in bed also which wouldn't really be like me. When AF is coming sometimes I get sweaty in bed so it could be down to that. Trying not to think about AF but it's hard not too. I'm also 13dpo, the progesterone could be keeping it away too. Only time will tell.

Hope you all are well and have a good week

• Advertisement

Warning TMI - When I went to the loo and wiped last night I had very brown thick which can only be blood I suppose on the tissue, I'm taking progesterone so most days that comes back out so the brown was mixed in with it, had a little this morning too but haven't been back to the loo, I know spotting can be ok and can happen, I just hate to see it, I'm 14dpo so I'm afraid of what might come later today or tomorrow, praying it's not period. I suppose at 14 days after egg retrieval the dreaded period would be due, really hoping it's not that. I'm 11 days past 3 day transfer. Feeling the struggle now to be honest, at work and it's really difficult, can't concentrate and all I want to do is be at home.

Oh Hollywood, keep your spirits up. I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm really hoping that it all works out for you.

Warning TMI - When I went to the loo and wiped last night I had very brown thick which can only be blood I suppose on the tissue, I'm taking progesterone so most days that comes back out so the brown was mixed in with it, had a little this morning too but haven't been back to the loo, I know spotting can be ok and can happen, I just hate to see it, I'm 14dpo so I'm afraid of what might come later today or tomorrow, praying it's not period. I suppose at 14 days after egg retrieval the dreaded period would be due, really hoping it's not that. I'm 11 days past 3 day transfer. Feeling the struggle now to be honest, at work and it's really difficult, can't concentrate and all I want to do is be at home.

Any chance you can slip off early pet? Head home with a hot water bottle, a cup or tea and something nice to munch on the couch? x

How are you getting on Sara? x

Thanks ladies, well I've been to the loo since and there is nothing so I think I may have over-reacted, think it must have been old blood or something, hoping it stays that way, kind of on knicker watch all day! Going to keep myself busy at work and get through the rest of the day, just under 2 hours to go, I can do this. Apart from that, today really I am feeling nothing, all symptoms appear to be gone apart from an odd twinge of a cramp but at that is it very slight. I am looking forward to home time Sticky, not getting home early though unfortunately, I'm off Friday for a Wedding so only need to get through 2 more days after today.

How are you both doing Sticky and Sara?? xx

Hi ladies, I'm doing ok. Better than i expected. The IVF hasn't worked. The dreaded period arrived, and it is easily the worst one ever!
    Spoke to my doctor yesterday and we are going to go again next month. So hopefully it works then, I'm starting counselling tomorrow. Might as well, it can't do any harm.
    Hollywood i really hope it works for you.

Sorry to read that Sara! Hope you are okay pet.

I think the counseling is a great idea, actually thinking of going to speak to someone myself. let us know how it goes xxx

Thanks ladies, well I've been to the loo since and there is nothing so I think I may have over-reacted, think it must have been old blood or something, hoping it stays that way, kind of on knicker watch all day! Going to keep myself busy at work and get through the rest of the day, just under 2 hours to go, I can do this. Apart from that, today really I am feeling nothing, all symptoms appear to be gone apart from an odd twinge of a cramp but at that is it very slight. I am looking forward to home time Sticky, not getting home early though unfortunately, I'm off Friday for a Wedding so only need to get through 2 more days after today.

How are you both doing Sticky and Sara?? xx

How are you today Hollywood?

I am bored!!! I am tired of waiting. It will be at least October before we get to start the FET cycle. Also can I just say I HATE CONDOMS... I thought timing s€x was unromantic... but add a condom into the mix.

On the positive side all my swelling is gone. I've been sleeping great and starting a slimming club. So with 6-7 weeks till treatment myself and the OH have set a challenge to loose a stone each. So loads of home cooking and walks in the evening. It's actually a little bit nice not having to worry about meds, being able to have the odd glass of wine and we have been able to spend time together.

saraj14 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I'm doing ok. Better than i expected. The IVF hasn't worked. The dreaded period arrived, and it is easily the worst one ever!
    Spoke to my doctor yesterday and we are going to go again next month. So hopefully it works then, I'm starting counselling tomorrow. Might as well, it can't do any harm.
    Hollywood i really hope it works for you.

Sorry to hear that. x

Good luck with the counselling.

• Advertisement

Waiting for a period to arrive at the moment. 4 weeks yesterday since the D&C so it could arrive anytime. So odd to be hoping for my AF to arrive!

Advertisement