Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Thanks sticky, i love acupuncture as well. I'm definitely going to do it prior and post transfer. It won't hurt.
    Has anyone heard of this before. That pinjecting the puregon/gonal and orgalutran in the same side and time causes them not to be effective?
    I did that the last time.
    My new doctor has me injecting them at different times of the day.
    This might be complete rubbish. Just wondering. I read it on dr google..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Sticky bean sounds like the acupuncture is having a good effect, I have heard positive things about it! Always wanted to give it a go. You are on a positive path all round!

Sara that was good result at the scan but I know it's hard not to be apprehensive. If the docs/nurses are positive that is a good sign! A lot can happen in a very short space of time, one of the nurses said to me yesterday so I am thinking positive for my next scan Monday morning!

With regard to the injections they told me to alternate each night, so buserlin in the left and puregon in the right and vice versa! Timing they said to me was important and to not spread it out too far, so I picked a time of 8.30 every night

Had my scan this morning. Going for egg pick up on Wednesday. The left ovary hasn't responded at all! But as long as the right produces a few more this time I'll be very happy.
    Just a quick question, does your partner attend the egg transfer??
    Looks like egg transfer will be this Friday...
    so any tips on how to make this one a sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

saraj14 wrote: »
    Had my scan this morning. Going for egg pick up on Wednesday. The left ovary hasn't responded at all! But as long as the right produces a few more this time I'll be very happy.
    Just a quick question, does your partner attend the egg transfer??
    Looks like egg transfer will be this Friday...
    so any tips on how to make this one a sticky?

We were told he has to be there for the transfer. The tips I got were pineapple the day before and for 3-5 days after transfer. Loads of green leafy veg helps the uterine lining for the little one to land. Keep really hydrated. Acupuncture on the morning and after transfer. No high impact exercise the week before and to laugh!

Sounds funny but google it. Some places actually hire comedians clowns after transfer. Apparently laughing or smiling releases the happy hormones which help with transfer. We are going to download a few comedians that always makes me laugh :)

Thanks sticky, i love acupuncture as well. I'm definitely going to do it prior and post transfer. It won't hurt.
    Has anyone heard of this before. That pinjecting the puregon/gonal and orgalutran in the same side and time causes them not to be effective?
    I did that the last time.
    My new doctor has me injecting them at different times of the day.
    This might be complete rubbish. Just wondering. I read it on dr google..

We changed sides each night, but we were told it was to give the injection site a break... so not entirely sure.

• Advertisement

Well ladies, i got 3 eggs!!! 3!! I'm thrilled. I know some of you would be disappointed, but it's all relative. Fingers crossed that they are all amazing eggs.

Well ladies, i got 3 eggs!!! 3!! I'm thrilled. I know some of you would be disappointed, but it's all relative. Fingers crossed that they are all amazing eggs.

Aw Sara I'm delighted for you pet xxx keep us posted x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

You only need one so I think 3 is brilliant :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Great news Sarah, delighted for you!!

great news, all 3 survived the night and fertilized. So we are going for a transfer tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed we get one transfer and two frozen.
    There is a public holiday on monday, so they want to transfer tomorrow.
    I'm giddy with excitement.:D

• Advertisement

Oh thats amazing news darling xxx I am sooooooo happy for you <3

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

great news, all 3 survived the night and fertilized. So we are going for a transfer tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed we get one transfer and two frozen.
    There is a public holiday on monday, so they want to transfer tomorrow.
    I'm giddy with excitement.:D

Fantastic, best of luck for tomorrow.

Don't know if this is your first transfer, but if it is I found the process kinda underwhelming. Not in a bad way or anything, but I suppose the egg collection is a bigger procedure I was kinda shocked by how "easy" the transfer was.

Will have fingers and toes crossed for you. x

Well it went ok. The eggs aren't of the best quality, but one got transferred anyways. So I'm hopeful it will be a special one! The other two are probably not good enough quality to freeze.
    This is my second transfer (second ivf). It was quite funny. I made the husband come with me. His reaction was priceless. I'm still laughing at his face when the nurse told him to hold my hand.
    He was ready to bolt for the door! But i was insistent on him being there when i got pregnant.
    How is everyone else getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I know nothing about the process, and sorry if this is a silly question, but how do they determine the quality of the eggs?

Best of luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Well it went ok. The eggs aren't of the best quality, but one got transferred anyways. So I'm hopeful it will be a special one! The other two are probably not good enough quality to freeze.
    This is my second transfer (second ivf). It was quite funny. I made the husband come with me. His reaction was priceless. I'm still laughing at his face when the nurse told him to hold my hand.
    He was ready to bolt for the door! But i was insistent on him being there when i got pregnant.
    How is everyone else getting on?

All you need is one special one! Best of luck with the 2ww.

Am am doing ok, back to the clinic on the 12th for a scan and depending on the results I may be able to start a FET. Think I am ready to start again now, though it is very scary.

Oh broken soul, it is scary. I just think about the baby I'll be holding when is all over. My baby is so cute!!
    Diamond after 3 days the embryo should have divided into a certain number of cells, i think 6-9. Can someone confirm that. Mine divided too much. Could have been worse. At least i have a shot. my chances are better than last month.

Aw Sara great you got to transfer. when will they know if they can freeze the others? Wow, 2 week wait :)

Brokensoul, very happy to hear you guys are ready to try again, good luck with the scan xxx

Just back from my own scan, all is looking good. Clinic to ring this afternoon with our FET date... so frickin excited :D:D:D:D

So... good news :) We are going for transfer (FET) on Friday - I AM SOOOOO EXCITED

stickybean wrote: »
    So... good news :) We are going for transfer (FET) on Friday - I AM SOOOOO EXCITED

Delighted for you.

Will be really interested in what happens (for my own selfish reasons!) so please do keep us updated. xx

Friday!! Oh that is so exciting. I really think that this will be positive for you. Stay strong xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Sara, hope the 2ww is going well. Really hope things work out for you this time.

Stickybean, so excited to hear you are finally getting to transfer! The very best of luck.

Diamond doll - when they are looking at quality they look at cell numbers and size, shape and fragmentation. On day 2, they should be 2 - 4 cells (4 is ideal) and on day 3 they should be 6 - 10 cells (8 is ideal). They like to see the cells all roughly the same size and when they divide there should be minimal fragmentation. Based on all that they can say how good the quality is.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hey ladies

Sorry haven't been on in a while, have been trying to take some time out from it all. It keeps me a little more relaxed, but felt the need to check in with you all

Sticky that is great about the accupuncture, I've been meaning to try it for a while must get going on it once we move to our new house and things calm down a bit! How did the 2ww go for you?

Sara, how are you getting on?

Hi Hollywood, sadly it didn't work this time, after a week of tears and wine we are feeling a bit better x

How are you honey x

Hi Hollywood130 I'm doing ok. We have a frozen embryo so going to implant in the next two weeks. I'm excited and nervous of course.
    I'm walking and eating healthy. Never thought i would have this issue, but i'm trying to maintain my weight as i have lost an awful lot in the last year. Isn't it sad, I've friends complementing me on my figure and only a few know it's actually from illness and stress. You can never tell what is going on behind a smile. I finally broke and bought new clothes, i kept holding off because, once i'm pregnant i won't need them!
    Well I now own clothes that fit me and hopefully in the new year won't!
    We had assumed that we would be getting half / two thirds of the cost back from our IVF. Turns out that we haven't. Medicare (Oz health care system) sent me a letter saying our claim has been declined. So I'm gutted on that front, so cost is now an issue going forward. But as my husband says we can pimp me out or rob a bank!
    Going to ring them now and demand "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!", fingers crossed it was a mistake.

Well ladies FET is this Friday and then I have a hen party this weekend and the next! Oh god if i could pull out i would!
    So what are my excuses?? Help a friend out

Well ladies FET is this Friday and then I have a hen party this weekend and the next! Oh god if i could pull out i would!
    So what are my excuses?? Help a friend out

Oh God help you!

What do you need to get out of? Drinking or physical activities?

I am a recovering alcoholic. Not the greatest of conditions generally, but it does mean that I never have to come up with an excuse for family and close friends for why I am not drinking :)

For physical activities I find a sore back covers a multitude!.

Oh Sara, soooo exciting!!!

I would say you sprained and ankle and can't put any weight on it, doc said to keep it elevated.

Or the classic stomach bug, bit of vomiting... no one wants to catch that now

It's just avoiding drinking. Thinking of saying I'm finishing antibiotics on the friday and on the saturday just holding a beer.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's great with the craft beers and ciders now - there are a few non-alcoholic ones like Erdinger wiesbier, you can still feel and look like you are having a drink, and fool most people. Barmen are well used to the request to discreetly pour a non-alcoholic version for people.

I found anyway that I craved beer during pregnancy (likely my body needing a Vitamin B boost) so I drank a fair bit of Becks and Holsten anyway. I find minerals too sickly to drink all night. Or I drank Cranberry and Vodka without the vodka I'm not a huge drinker anyway and often nominate myself as the designated driver so its not unusual for me to refuse alcohol.

Another thing that helps these days is the acceptance of people avoiding alcohol for sport-based reasons and training regimes. I know lots of people who play for the local team or do triathlons / races and are sober the night before a match or even just sober because of a training session, so if you can get away with saying you've a boot camp or even a yoga type day it might work.

• Advertisement

PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise)

;-)

FET went ahead earlier today. We had 6 frozen embryos and so the first one they thawed survived the thaw and re-hydrated so they were happy to transfer that.

Now to try and stay calm and positive for the next 2 weeks!

Advertisement