Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Best of luck Brokensoul.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Well ladies,
    I'm also pregnant for the moment as well 😊
    Today has been eventful, my best friends and her baby are staying for a few days. He was up all night being sick. First thing i had accupuncture then went to the clinic. They were really delayed. Did the transfer eventually, i got a taxi back to acupuncture. And the taxi was involved in a minor accident! Seriously i just had to laugh. Walked the rest of the way to acupuncture.
    Finally got home and changed sheets and did laundry! So much for taking it easy! My dreams of getting pedicures is laughable. At least the little guy is doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Driving myself absolutely nuts at the moment. Every twinge and ache makes me think that I am about to get my period, then the next twinge or ache makes me think I am pregnant!!

God the waiting is torture. I know there is no point asking about symptoms as they are different for everyone, and I am on progesterone shots, which I think can cause you to mimic symptoms anyway.

I wish I had a crystal ball ;-)

I'm in absolute despair. I'm moody and upset for no reason. I just want to go home and cry into my pillow!
    I hate this, can the week just be over so i can test. Then i can either deal with the side effects or stop the drugs.
    I'm such a horrible person, i pity anyone who comes into contact with me.

Saraj14 my wife is in the exact same position right this minute. It is really crap, I wish I had some amazing advice to give you or her. My wife keeps getting cramps every evening, is drugged to the eyeballs & emotionally doesn't know which end of her is up or down. Her twin had a girl last week & my little sister had a girl the next day. The decaf espresso has gone from being "alright" to "absolute muck".

Don't bottle up your feelings, speak to whomever you can. Boards, partner, family, person on bus etc. Don't feel bad for feeling this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

saraj14 wrote: »
    I'm in absolute despair. I'm moody and upset for no reason. I just want to go home and cry into my pillow!
    I hate this, can the week just be over so i can test. Then i can either deal with the side effects or stop the drugs.

*Massive hugs*

You most certainly should not pity anyone who comes into contact with you. This is HARD. Be kind to yourself. Put yourself first. Don't be worrying about people who can't even fathom how hard and frustrating this is.

Maybe we should lock ourselves into a bunker together somewhere!

That is precisely how I feel at the moment.

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling way better today. Still not 100% but people are safe to talk to me.
    There is a chance i won't bite their head off!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hey Sticky, I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time, I know exactly how you are feeling. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better xx are you planning another round?

Sara, fingers crossed you do get some of that money back. YOu can claim on your tax worse case scenario, it will help a little. I'm finding it so hard to stay on the healthy bandwagon, we're going to be moving in the next few weeks and all my time and effort is focused on that. Finding it hard to get my ass back in gear but will when we move, it'll be easier.
    Hope the FET went well, for Hens I just get a mixer like a coke or something, no-one knows there is no vodka in it!!

Sara & BrokenSoul, congrats on being PUPO, hope it works out for you both. It is such a difficult time the 2ww, when is your test dates? I really feel for ye, keeping everything crossed xx

We'll be going again in the New Year, most likely Febraury, can't wait to get started again, but need to get the healthy living back on track before I start, I have a goal weight of 61kg to get to also, only 2 kilos to go but I want to be in a routine of regular exercise, healthy eating and hopeful stress free. All this I'm hoping will fall into place when we move.

I know I'm not on here much but I am thinking of all of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Aw thanks Hollywood, we are hoping to start another FET on my next cycle. If my period comes before Nov 24th we can do the cycle before Christmas, if not we have to wait until after as the clinic shuts down over the holidays.

How are you doing pet x

• Advertisement

Well it's a BFN!! I'm gutted.

Oh, I am so so f**king sorry to hear that. I was sure you would get good news.

I know exactly how you feel. x

So sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you & your partner. It's sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Im so sorry to hear that Sara :(

Aw Sara I am so sorry to hear that pet xxx I hope you are okay. I was thinking of you yesterday wondering when your test was. Really hope you are doing okay xxx

Our first cycle was positive from pee on stick test, cue excitement & dreams. 2 weeks later a bleed, went for scan & nothing.

Second cycle has gone exact same way, except we never even made the scan. Got a positive on the pee on stick, cautious happiness. Saturday night a little blood, but it stopped. Sunday a little more but it stopped. Same thing Monday & Tuesday and today a full on flow. Rang clinic to cancel scan on 8th.

Gutted. Its fcuking sh!t, I hate having my life on hold, I hate going through this. I don't know how I am going to stay strong for her, pick her back up. 2 babies in the family in the last few weeks & can't face telling her my sister is expecting her 3rd.

I start to feel sorry for myself but think of the families in Paris or even how my sister-in-laws 31year old sister died unexpectedly in Australia yesterday. Sh1t things happen. I just hate that I can never give my wife the life she wanted. How she will feel a pang every time she sees a child.

AW LCD I really feel you pain. And I sometimes feel I shouldn't be upset because there are much worse things going on in the world and people with much bigger problems, but that said, it does not take from our pain or grief. It may help us be more thankful for what we have, but we will still long for what we don't.

Every month gets that little bit harder, every bleed steals another bit of hope, every tablet, every internal, every investigation every treatment steals that bit of magic and intimacy that we should be having making a baby.

But something inside us, some unknown strength builds us back up, there are going to be days, weeks, months were we feel we can't do it. But your partner is lucky to have you and you will get through it together. Just try (and I know it is hard) and remember the reason you guys are doing this, the drive behind it all. It will work, eventually xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I'm so sorry LCD. It's so bloody unfair. It's amazing how we all keep picking ourselves back up and trying again. It's like an extra kick in the head every time you hear another pregnancy announcement. I'll never understand how some people sail through life so easily while so many deserving people have to struggle to much. I hope 2016 brings you the happiness you deserve 😘

LCD wrote: »
    Our first cycle was positive from pee on stick test, cue excitement & dreams. 2 weeks later a bleed, went for scan & nothing.

Second cycle has gone exact same way, except we never even made the scan. Got a positive on the pee on stick, cautious happiness. Saturday night a little blood, but it stopped. Sunday a little more but it stopped. Same thing Monday & Tuesday and today a full on flow. Rang clinic to cancel scan on 8th.

Gutted. Its fcuking sh!t, I hate having my life on hold, I hate going through this. I don't know how I am going to stay strong for her, pick her back up. 2 babies in the family in the last few weeks & can't face telling her my sister is expecting her 3rd.

I start to feel sorry for myself but think of the families in Paris or even how my sister-in-laws 31year old sister died unexpectedly in Australia yesterday. Sh1t things happen. I just hate that I can never give my wife the life she wanted. How she will feel a pang every time she sees a child.

I am really sorry to hear that LCD. I wish I had something to say to make ye feel better, but all I can say is that I know your pain.

Be good to each other. x

I'm so sorry LCD, it's so tough and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about infertility.
    I started another round of IVF last Saturday. Had a scan this morning and there are only 3 follicles.
    I'm gutted! Usually there are 6-7 and we still only got 3 eggs. So I think this cycle maybe cancelled.
    I just need it to work. I don't know what to do. My AMH is crap and I'm beginning to loose hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

LCD wrote: »
    Gutted. Its fcuking sh!t, I hate having my life on hold, I hate going through this

I've been in your exact same position. In my own case my girlfriend took the failures on the chin pretty well, which helped. It can be a real struggle trying to decide on whether to give it one more whirl versus calling it a day.

Thanks for the support guys.

Hi ladies, quick question. Do you all take orgalutran at the same time every day?

Just thought i would update this. Spoke to my doctor today and it needs to be taken every day at the same time. As it only lasts 24 hours. I was an hour late.
    He thinks i should be ok as i still have a few follicles.

Going to roll the dice again, rang the Rotunda & got an appointment. 3rd times a charm...hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Happy New Year to all you ladies, really hoping this is a good year for us all.

I'm starting back to saving for our second round of IVF, I'm hoping to have enough saved by the end of March and be able to start in April, fingers crossed that goes to plan. Not going to be easy to save €4500 plus pay a mortgage, bills etc etc. Hoping to get €1000 back from 2015 medical expenses so that will definitely help.

Sara I'm so so sorry to hear of your BFN on your last cycle. Hoping this cycle is going a bit better for you, did they go ahead with the 3 eggs?

LCD I'm so sorry, I think we all on here feel your pain, Stickys words are so true and are fitting for us all. It's all so very very hard. Fingers crossed for number 3

Hey Hollywood - Happy New Year!!!

great news you are starting back! We have our consult tomorrow (post a failed FET). I am taking next month off and we are hoping to start a fresh cycle in March xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Hi ladies hope all is well. Brokensoul, I am delighted all is going good for you. Sticky How have you been keeping? must you go through the stimming etc or do you have eggs frozen? I often hear about frosties on this forum, I was wondering how long can you freeze eggs and is it just eggs or is it the blastocyst stage? Sorry for my ignorance.

I am just waiting on phone call from clinic to see when we start cycle 3! I failed to respond to meds previously so I'm not sure what's going to happen this time!

I know it's not about the money but got another cancellation bill in the door this morning, as if January isn't crap enough!! I hope we at least get to egg collection this time, staying positive!

Hi Hollywood, hope you are well, I just saw your post, is IVF covered on the med 1 form?? Do you know what percentage if it is? TIA!
    Happy New Year to all you ladies, really hoping this is a good year for us all.

I'm starting back to saving for our second round of IVF, I'm hoping to have enough saved by the end of March and be able to start in April, fingers crossed that goes to plan. Not going to be easy to save €4500 plus pay a mortgage, bills etc etc. Hoping to get €1000 back from 2015 medical expenses so that will definitely help.

Sara I'm so so sorry to hear of your BFN on your last cycle. Hoping this cycle is going a bit better for you, did they go ahead with the 3 eggs?

LCD I'm so sorry, I think we all on here feel your pain, Stickys words are so true and are fitting for us all. It's all so very very hard. Fingers crossed for number 3

Hi ladies hope all is well. Brokensoul, I am delighted all is going good for you. Sticky How have you been keeping? must you go through the stimming etc or do you have eggs frozen? I often hear about frosties on this forum, I was wondering how long can you freeze eggs and is it just eggs or is it the blastocyst stage? Sorry for my ignorance.

I am just waiting on phone call from clinic to see when we start cycle 3! I failed to respond to meds previously so I'm not sure what's going to happen this time!

I know it's not about the money but got another cancellation bill in the door this morning, as if January isn't crap enough!! I hope we at least get to egg collection this time, staying positive!

Hey Yellowdiamond,

We used our 3 frosties, one didn't make it and we had do failed frozen cycles, so we have to start again. A little bit p!ssed of as we've spend over €8K and haven't even learned anything. Meeting our consultant tomorrow, so will know the full next steps then x

I'm not sure how long is the max is but I know people who have had over 4 years. And had two babies from one round of IVF.

Fingers crossed this will be your turn. Are they trying different meds or another approach this time? x

• Advertisement

Oh sticky that's very disappointing, things are tough enough for people these days, mortgages from the boom, recession, etc...

I hope you get some answers from the consultant and a plan going forward. I know you've been through a lot!

Thanks for that info,I haven't reached egg collection yet, so not very knowledgable about what happens next.

The clinic rang me today to say they were going to do a short protocol next, in for a baseline scan on the 14th!!
    stickybean wrote: »
    Hey Yellowdiamond,

We used our 3 frosties, one didn't make it and we had do failed frozen cycles, so we have to start again. A little bit p!ssed of as we've spend over €8K and haven't even learned anything. Meeting our consultant tomorrow, so will know the full next steps then x

I'm not sure how long is the max is but I know people who have had over 4 years. And had two babies from one round of IVF.

Fingers crossed this will be your turn. Are they trying different meds or another approach this time? x

Advertisement