Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTI symptoms but no UTI

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Since becoming pregnant I’ve had quite a constant stinging feeling mostly when I don’t use the toilet. The GP said there was no infection and at my 12 week appointment both the midwife and obstetrician said stinging wasn’t a common pregnancy symptom but they would do a test every month to make sure there’s no infection.

I don’t know what to do as I know it’s not the same as a UTI as it stings rather than burns and I don’t always feel like I need to pee. I drink a lot of water and have started drinking cranberry juice but the irritating discomfort throughout the day is still there. I usually use a hot water bottle for stuff like that but being pregnant I feel much hotter and a hot bottle isn’t very pleasant.

Has anyone ever had this before as I’m going mad? Could it be some weird symptom of being deficient in something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi Pipster,

Sounds very unpleasant for you. Has your doctor sent your samples away for testing? I've been to gp before where I have symptoms but when they dip the sample, its clear. Then they send it away for testing and it comes back a few days later as a mild infection that can't be picked up by the stick at the gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

Hi Pipster,

Sounds very unpleasant for you. Has your doctor sent your samples away for testing? I've been to gp before where I have symptoms but when they dip the sample, its clear. Then they send it away for testing and it comes back a few days later as a mild infection that can't be picked up by the stick at the gp.

That's happened my mum too but I didnt think to say that to the gp when I was there. However the midwife took a 2nd sample during my 12 week appointment last week to check if there was anything. I haven't heard back from them so I gathered there were no spurious results. Maybe I should contact them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭brevity

My wife is suffering from this. They keep telling her there are glucolites in her urine - not sure what that means.

She has sent another sample off so we will see what comes of it.

oh really? Did that only happen her since being pregnant?

Tried to look up glucolites and could only find leukocytes.

pipster wrote: »
    oh really? Did that only happen her since being pregnant?

Tried to look up glucolites and could only find leukocytes.

Yup. She's 32 weeks now. She did get an UTI earlier in the pregnancy but the antibiotics cleared it up. Not sure what's causing it now though.

Ya, that's them..sorry she calls them that cos she forgets the name of them :o

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Yup. She's 32 weeks now. She did get an UTI earlier in the pregnancy but the antibiotics cleared it up. Not sure what's causing it now though.

Ya, that's them..sorry she calls them that cos she forgets the name of them :o

Thanks it would be great if you don't mind to let me know what the hospital advises her to do to stop the symptoms.

pipster wrote: »
    Thanks it would be great if you don't mind to let me know what the hospital advises her to do to stop the symptoms.

Sure :)

Advertisement