Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatsapp push notification issue

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

My iphone 4s has recently stopped receiving push notifications for whatsapp messages. I now have to open the app to receive any incoming messages.

I have searched online for a solution to the problem and although the issue seems to be effecting many users worldwide, I can't find a definitive solution.

I have tried everything from deleting and reinstalling the app to doing a full reset and restoring from icloud and iTunes but to no avail.

Only solution I have not tried but which is claimed to work is to reset the phone and set up as new. Obviously I am reluctant to do this as all data on my device including photos, video and all current app data will be lost.

Has anyone else come across this problem and perhaps managed to resolve it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

same issue here and same for viber meaning it isn't just whatsapp

anyone got a solution?

Advertisement