Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tom_k wrote:
    Dunno what's wrong this season, just not getting excited about this like previous years even after my best ever finish in 2014/15, winning cash prizes and qualifying for the FSA Premier League. Anyway, enough whinging, here's my first serious draft, all observations welcome.

I like the look of that team.. I like it a lot. Looks a lot like what I was trying (and failing) to achieve myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Posting autopick teams is ridiculous to be fair. How are you gonna expect us to put thought into your team if you haven't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

currently have 3 arsenal mert Walcott and ozil
    I think I'll lose one of them and it will not be Walcott once he starts Sunday
    so I'm thinking either mert to darmian\shaw
    or ozil to mata\depay but I also have Rooney ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Going to look at a rotation for the first time, previously never bothered even though I knew about it. Any recommendations for a 2 way (keepers) and 3 way (defenders) rotation.

Been looking at the articles on 2 and 3 way rotations on all things fpl. On this so far:

Krul (New) Ruddy (Nor) - CPL/ sun/ STK/ ARS/ BOU/ WAT/ whm/ LEI/ NOR/ WBA/ STK/ SWA/ LEI/ cpl/ wat/ EVE/ AVL/ EVE/ AVL/ SOT

Richards (AV) S Taylor (New) Holebas (Wat) - bou/ WBA/ SOT/ SUN/ SWA/ WAT/ CPL/ bou/ NOR/ SWA/ WHM/ bou/ LEI/ WAT/ NOR/ sun/ AVL/ WBA/ nor/ sun

Thats a 9m GK pairing and 13m Def Trio. Also don't want two of my 3 defenders from same clubs as my GKs

Can anybody recommend better players from those teams (no 5.0s) or other solid rotations that I could look at?

BUMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Myhill
    Azp/Mertesacker/Mings
    Hazard(C)/Mata/Ritchie/Ozil
    Benteke/Sakho/Costa

Subs: Hennesy/O'Shea/Huth/Wanyama

1.5m in the bank for Aguero/Sanchez

Thoughts anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Pantilimon/Krul
    Mings/cedric/Konchesky/Oshea/Jenkinson
    Hazard/Walters/Sterling/Depay/Wamyama
    Giroud/Ulloa/Rooney

Bank=2M

Thoughts and suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LaMoose

Fabianski

Azpilucueta - Clyne - Yoshida

Hazard - Ozil - Depay - Ramsey - Henderson

Giroud - Kane

Subs: Guzan, Mariappa, Ryan Bennett, Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

GK - Cech & Darlow
    DEF - Bellerin, Terry, Saylor, Francis, Clyne
    MID - Depay, Silva, Hazard, Kebab, Affelay
    FWD - Lambert (providing he moves to WBA) Deeney and Rooney.
    Thoughts?
    Think Lambert will be huge if he moves. Especially for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 muzz501

Gk: speroni,schwarzer
    Def:ivanovic,clyne,cook,baker,ryan benett
    Mids:hazard,sanchez,depay,behrami,wanyama
    For:aguero,j.rodriguez,deeney
    had to compromise to fit in aguero,hazard nd sanchez
    suggestions plz....

LaMoose wrote: »
    Fabianski

Azpilucueta - Clyne - Yoshida

Hazard - Ozil - Depay - Ramsey - Henderson

Giroud - Kane

Subs: Guzan, Mariappa, Ryan Bennett, Graham
    Very balanced 11. Only issues I can see is that you're not really covered for anyone being rested, an unannounced injury, whichever. The bench is too weak. Yoshida not a certain starter by any means also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Courtois, Hennessy
    Cresswell, Bellerin, Darmian, (O'Shea, R Bennett)
    Walcott, Hazard, Cabaye, Depay, (Anya)
    Benteke, Rooney, Deeney

Wondering will Walcott be a regular starter up front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

11813402_10207023649007455_7195710730233784111_n.jpg?oh=6e3abe8bd1c02297ccbec4d1f02c358b&oe=5647811C

Bit of tinkering to go yet.

Thought process here is that Rooney and Walcott can make way for Aguero and Sanchez is necessary. Depay on my bench in that, but he will be a starter for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

gimmick wrote: »
    11813402_10207023649007455_7195710730233784111_n.jpg?oh=6e3abe8bd1c02297ccbec4d1f02c358b&oe=5647811C

Bit of tinkering to go yet.

Thought process here is that Rooney and Walcott can make way for Aguero and Sanchez is necessary. Depay on my bench in that, but he will be a starter for me.

Newcastle have a very tough start, I'd be wary of picking Mitrovic. Other than that looks a very strong squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Newcastle have a very tough start, I'd be wary of picking Mitrovic. Other than that looks a very strong squad.

Agreed. Also Cameron not 100% certain to start imo. And Morgan will miss the start due to his international involvement. Huth is an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What do you guys think, 3-5-2 for the 1st week?

Chesty08 wrote: »

Not bad, your midfield is a bit of a 2nd best midfield option in every big team collection though. Hard to say how that would work. I usually prefer to go for the bigger hitters in smaller teams than those guys myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Not a bad side. The biggest problem I see is a lack of captaincy choices. Maybe downgrade some midfielders and upgrade the others

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Is Afellay nailed on to start for stoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

I'd consider a 3-4-3 instead
    Downgrade Barkley to free up funds
    Upgrade Yaya to Silva/Sterling
    Go with Sakho starting
    Mata rotational risk

Is Afellay nailed on to start for stoke?
    No. But he probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Draft #65432234566...thoughts welcome :P

Tx3SEeP.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Thoughts on this team please,

Myhill ( Butland) will alternate
    Bellerin, Alder, Ward ( saylor, huth)
    Cazorla, Depay, Sterling, Fabregas, ( Anya)
    Aguero, Kane, Defoe

0.0 in bank. May play Costa/Rooney until Aguero is fit. Not sure to include sterling and aguero. Could downgrade sterling or depay to a 7.5 range ( siggy, milner, payet, mane) and then upgrade Defoe ( j Rod, berahino)

thoughts please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Draft #65432234566...thoughts welcome :P

Tx3SEeP.png?1

Hard to fault bar lack of a City attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thoughts on this team please,

Myhill ( Butland) will alternate
    Bellerin, Alder, Ward ( saylor, huth)
    Cazorla, Depay, Sterling, Fabregas, ( Anya)
    Aguero, Kane, Defoe

0.0 in bank. May play Costa/Rooney until Aguero is fit. Not sure to include sterling and aguero. Could downgrade sterling or depay to a 7.5 range ( siggy, milner, payet, mane) and then upgrade Defoe ( j Rod, berahino)

thoughts please

I wouldn't have Aguero in my GW1 team - as per your line of thinking I'd bring in Rooney or Costa (probably the former, pending the Community Shield, given Costa's hamstring worry). I'd definitely look to upgrade Defoe, which that would allow you to do - I can't see him doing any kind of damage in that Sunderland team, as our long-suffering resident Mackem PaullyD would vouch for.

I think it's a good midfield and defence, though personally Cazorla and Fabregas wouldn't be my midfielders of choice from Arsenal and Chelsea respectively. I think Sterling will do well (I currently have Silva, but I'm tempted to free up that 1.0). Ditto Depay, but I'm not totally comfortable having him in there from the start when I already have United attacking coverage in Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I wouldn't have Aguero in my GW1 team - as per your line of thinking I'd bring in Rooney or Costa (probably the former, pending the Community Shield, given Costa's hamstring worry). I'd definitely look to upgrade Defoe, which that would allow you to do - I can't see him doing any kind of damage in that Sunderland team, as our long-suffering resident Mackem PaullyD would vouch for.

I think it's a good midfield and defence, though personally Cazorla and Fabregas wouldn't be my midfielders of choice from Arsenal and Chelsea respectively. I think Sterling will do well (I currently have Silva, but I'm tempted to free up that 1.0). Ditto Depay, but I'm not totally comfortable having him in there from the start when I already have United attacking coverage in Rooney.

Picking one of Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey and Walcott is one of the big head scratchers of this year. Obviously Hazard is the man at chelsea but fab will still contribute plenty and frees up funds for other areas. Gut tells me Defoe isnt the best choice as third striker. Time will tell if another cheap gem emerges like kane did last year. Bamford could be worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

First draft..what do you think lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Ridiculous money spent on keepers plus the bench. You need to downgrade your bench and strengthen your starting 11

It was an auto complete I did to see what it would give me but I agree with the money on subs will not resemble my starting team

MarkY91 wrote: »
    First draft..what do you think lads?
    Decent starting 11. You need to post your bench too though.

CSF wrote: »
    Decent starting 11. You need to post your bench too though.

I never usually fill my bench with decent players. Never seen the point as players are usually fit and if not I've transfers and a wildcard.

I've wanyama there though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

looking at Kane's fixtures after gw 1 I'm tempted now to go with mane and kane instead of benteke and united or second arsenal midfielder
    will mean losing cedric too for a 4.5 ml defender too from a differenf team but will have a better spread of teams
    manes price of 8ml could be awkward going forward though

I never usually fill my bench with decent players. Never seen the point as players are usually fit and if not I've transfers and a wildcard.

I've wanyama there though

Very risky strategy. Has it worked consistently in the past in terms of high finishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another change, not sure I'm so keen on Rooney and a second Arsenal mid. .

Very risky strategy. Has it worked consistently in the past in terms of high finishes?

I just play in a league with my brothers really. Only a couple of times did I get caught out with having to use a cap player.

I just play in a league with my brothers really. Only a couple of times did I get caught out with having to use a cap player.

I'd put that down to good luck rather than good planning though. Injuries, suspensions, resting and rotation do often happen, in worst cases they're like buses, none for ages and then loads all at once.

If you're looking to push on and get up those rankings, a good squad with rotating fixtures (so you don't get caught up in weeks where it seems like your whole team has a horrible fixture) would help massively.

I'd put that down to good luck rather than good planning though. Injuries, suspensions, resting and rotation do often happen, in worst cases they're like buses, none for ages and then loads all at once.

If you're looking to push on and get up those rankings, a good squad with rotating fixtures (so you don't get caught up in weeks where it seems like your whole team has a horrible fixture) would help massively.

Yeah I get that. I may shuffle a few around. I usually have 1 or 2 subs that I can rely on that do be regular starters. Wanyama for example this season

• Advertisement

Yeah I get that. I may shuffle a few around. I usually have 1 or 2 subs that I can rely on that do be regular starters. Wanyama for example this season

Wanyama would rarely be more than a 2/3 point player though. Not the sort you want to be playing. You could try having a cheap midfielder (5-6 million range) aswell as a cheap striker (5.5-6.5 million range) whose home fixtures alternate well and who both carry a proper points potential every week.

You can do the same with the defence ie. have 2 4.5s with alternating home fixtures. Saves a bit of money while adding balance to your squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Capture%201_zps41oywchj.png

Goalkeepers:
    Weakest link in the team, I think. Need to have cheap options to accommodate my outfield players. Butland and Krul have good opening fixtures between them. Can anyone show me a link for the clubs home and away pattern please?

Defenders:
    Think Shaw is gonna have a huge season. Guaranteed starter for the first game of the season against Spurs - “I think I shall play [Luke] Shaw with [Matteo] Darmian, and with Daley Blind. The right central position I have to consider'' [Van Gaal]. With Schneiderlin ahead of the defense this season, one would expect a lot more clean sheets for Man United. Also an attacking threat. Chose Bellerin because Wenger has said he is the first choice RB at the moment. Arsenal should be a lot more solid with Cech as their new goalkeeper. Has a goal or two to his game also, which I like. Final defender is Lescott, simply because he is in a Tony Pulis team. Would I be mad in thinking if West Brom keep a clean sheet, Lescott would be most likely to get the most bonus points out of the West Brom defenders?

Midfielders:
    Toss up between Fabregas and Hazard. Picked Fabregas because he is renowned for having a great start to every season. Also because if I chose Hazard it would have been Cabaye/Ming instead of Sterling/Lescott. Depay has been playing very well in preseason and will be taking a lot of set pieces, not to mention he will play behind Rooney a lot (according to Van Gaal). Sterling is a guaranteed starter in my eyes. I think playing with Silva and Aguero will improve his game massively. Also he will not have the same level of defensive duties as he had with Liverpool. Walcott is a goal machine if he can stay fit. With Sanchez out of the first GW, he should start. If it doesn't work out for him, I will get Ozil in.

Forwards:
    Rooney has to be in any team I think. Sole striker for Man United, capable of scoring 20+ goals this season. Spurs have some nice games over the first few weeks (bar Man United away) so I went with Kane. He isn't a one season wonder in my opinion. His movement is exceptional, clinical in the box and is Spurs only hope of pushing for Top 4 this season. Could of had a hat-trick last night agaisnt the MLS All-Stars if it wasn't for some fantastic saves by the goalkeeper. West Ham played some attractive football last season and Sakho is a decent option, but I am worried about him. Can't think of a better option for his price. Also doesn't have a high ownership so shouldn't be worried about a price drop.

Bench:
    O'Shea should start. Anya should start. S.Taylor is the cheap option, fingers crossed he will start.

My Concerns:
    No Hazard or Liverpool coverage. Very worried about Sakho.

Appreciate any opinions or criticism! Thanks.

Probably the strongest team in depth I've seen so far, very balanced. I'd agree your keepers are the weakest position. What about having a 5m and 4m combo, instead of 2x4.5m? Mignolet + A. N. Other? His opening fixtures are tough, but best of the bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Irish94 wrote: »
    Capture%201_zps41oywchj.png

Goalkeepers:
    Weakest link in the team, I think. Need to have cheap options to accommodate my outfield players. Butland and Krul have good opening fixtures between them. Can anyone show me a link for the clubs home and away pattern please?

Defenders:
    Think Shaw is gonna have a huge season. Guaranteed starter for the first game of the season against Spurs - “I think I shall play [Luke] Shaw with [Matteo] Darmian, and with Daley Blind. The right central position I have to consider'' [Van Gaal]. With Schneiderlin ahead of the defense this season, one would expect a lot more clean sheets for Man United. Also an attacking threat. Chose Bellerin because Wenger has said he is the first choice RB at the moment. Arsenal should be a lot more solid with Cech as their new goalkeeper. Has a goal or two to his game also, which I like. Final defender is Lescott, simply because he is in a Tony Pulis team. Would I be mad in thinking if West Brom keep a clean sheet, Lescott would be most likely to get the most bonus points out of the West Brom defenders?

Midfielders:
    Toss up between Fabregas and Hazard. Picked Fabregas because he is renowned for having a great start to every season. Also because if I chose Hazard it would have been Cabaye/Ming instead of Sterling/Lescott. Depay has been playing very well in preseason and will be taking a lot of set pieces, not to mention he will play behind Rooney a lot (according to Van Gaal). Sterling is a guaranteed starter in my eyes. I think playing with Silva and Aguero will improve his game massively. Also he will not have the same level of defensive duties as he had with Liverpool. Walcott is a goal machine if he can stay fit. With Sanchez out of the first GW, he should start. If it doesn't work out for him, I will get Ozil in.

Forwards:
    Rooney has to be in any team I think. Sole striker for Man United, capable of scoring 20+ goals this season. Spurs have some nice games over the first few weeks (bar Man United away) so I went with Kane. He isn't a one season wonder in my opinion. His movement is exceptional, clinical in the box and is Spurs only hope of pushing for Top 4 this season. Could of had a hat-trick last night agaisnt the MLS All-Stars if it wasn't for some fantastic saves by the goalkeeper. West Ham played some attractive football last season and Sakho is a decent option, but I am worried about him. Can't think of a better option for his price. Also doesn't have a high ownership so shouldn't be worried about a price drop.

Bench:
    O'Shea should start. Anya should start. S.Taylor is the cheap option, fingers crossed he will start.

My Concerns:
    No Hazard or Liverpool coverage. Very worried about Sakho.

Appreciate any opinions or criticism! Thanks.

Butland and Ruddy rotate nicely early on for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Changed the team around

Ruddy

Azpi Huth Wollscheid

Henderson Sterling Ozil Hazard

Benteke Rooney Pelle

subs: McCarthy, Cedric, Anya, S.Taylor

May still downgrade Azpi to Bellerin/Clyne and upgrade McCarthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

FHFC wrote: »
    Butland and Ruddy rotate nicely early on for the same price.

Schmeichel and Butland give you these fixtures up to GW10:

SUN whm nor WBA/bou AVL LEI BOU nor/avl swa WAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

This is what I have so far. 2million in the bank to upgrade Costa to Aguero when the time comes. I doubled up on Arsenal defense as I can see clean sheets in four of their first five games. Other than that I tried to make the team as balanced as possible. Not happy with having Deeney in the team but that's the cost when Hazard and Aguero take up a quarter of your overall budget. Opinions welcome.fplj_zpsugxmogvy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

58934f15daeadeff8a5878f5f07859cd.png

Would be grateful for obs on the above. I normally play 3-4-3 or sometimes 3-5-2

Goalkeepers: Not sure to go for De Gea or Cech - I keep one goalie all season and don't switch.

Defenders: Will play Meter and Azpil every week and both should pick up a good few clean sheets and bonus points and maybe even a few goals. But I am a bit torn between O'Shea and S. Taylor. Might just switch between O'Shea and S. Taylor depending on who is at home. Pudil is just a cheap reserve.

Mid: Torn between going for Hazard or Fabregas. With Fabregas I can stick in four decent mids IMO but with Haz I can only afford three. I would like to have Silva or Sterling but I think Man City have a hard opening few games. And I think Arsenal's opening run is okay. And with Cech in goal I think Arsenal will improve defensively which will result in more points for their midfielders.

Not sure to keep Mata or not, perhaps Depay is a better choice?

Yanayama is just a cheap midfielder who gets game time - will usually be just a sub. Not sure to keep him or switch with someone else.

Forwards: Rooney, I think Utd's opening games are not too bad so thought I'd see how he goes. Costa, well Costa is Costa, will score goes but maybe hamstrung. If not starting might switch him for Kane. Would like to bring in Aguero when he is playing and would have to sell Rooney or Costa for him.

Deeney - cheap forward who might be brilliant or who might not be. But surely will get 10 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

This is what I have so far. 2million in the bank to upgrade Costa to Aguero when the time comes. I doubled up on Arsenal defense as I can see clean sheets in four of their first five games. Other than that I tried to make the team as balanced as possible. Not happy with having Deeney in the team but that's the cost when Hazard and Aguero take up a quarter of your overall budget. Opinions welcome.fplj_zpsugxmogvy.png

I'd go for Courtois over Cech. Gives you Chelsea coverage at the back.

iba wrote: »
    58934f15daeadeff8a5878f5f07859cd.png

Would be grateful for obs on the above. I normally play 3-4-3 or sometimes 3-5-2

Goalkeepers: Not sure to go for De Gea or Cech - I keep one goalie all season and don't switch.

Defenders: Will play Meter and Azpil every week and both should pick up a good few clean sheets and bonus points and maybe even a few goals. But I am a bit torn between O'Shea and S. Taylor. Might just switch between O'Shea and S. Taylor depending on who is at home. Pudil is just a cheap reserve.

Mid: Torn between going for Hazard or Fabregas. With Fabregas I can stick in four decent mids IMO but with Haz I can only afford three. I would like to have Silva or Sterling but I think Man City have a hard opening few games. And I think Arsenal's opening run is okay. And with Cech in goal I think Arsenal will improve defensively which will result in more points for their midfielders.

Not sure to keep Mata or not, perhaps Depay is a better choice?

Yanayama is just a cheap midfielder who gets game time - will usually be just a sub. Not sure to keep him or switch with someone else.

Forwards: Rooney, I think Utd's opening games are not too bad so thought I'd see how he goes. Costa, well Costa is Costa, will score goes but maybe hamstrung. If not starting might switch him for Kane. Would like to bring in Aguero when he is playing and would have to sell Rooney or Costa for him.

Deeney - cheap forward who might be brilliant or who might not be. But surely will get 10 goals.

Nice balanced team. I think I would look at going for Hendo/Milner over Ramsey, and using the extra 1.5 to upgrade Deeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

Nice balanced team. I think I would look at going for Hendo/Milner over Ramsey, and using the extra 1.5 to upgrade Deeney.

Thanks for your reply.

If I did that I would definitely go for Henderson (although I don not think Liverpool have the easiest opening games)

Who would you change Deeney to though?

iba wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

If I did that I would definitely go for Henderson (although I don not think Liverpool have the easiest opening games)

Who would you change Deeney to though?

Well, I'm not sure how much you'd have, but I think Sahko would be a good option, and certainly seems to be in a lot of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Which would be the best option ??

Hazard & Benteke
    or
    Fabregas & Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

will1977 wrote: »
    Which would be the best option ??

Hazard & Benteke
    or
    Fabregas & Costa

Pros and cons for both but I think you'll have more points and less injury worry with Haz and the beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Probably the strongest team in depth I've seen so far, very balanced. I'd agree your keepers are the weakest position. What about having a 5m and 4m combo, instead of 2x4.5m? Mignolet + A. N. Other? His opening fixtures are tough, but best of the bunch.

Thanks, I like to have both of my keepers as first choice for their respective teams. Is there any first choice goalkeeper at 4.0?

• Advertisement
Advertisement