Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Thats one of the best looking teams I've seen. Very strong especially for a Hazard team. Its a testament to it that at first glance I thought, how the hell does he have that for 100m.

Possibly the only question mark is how youre gonna fit Aguero and keep Utd attacking cover, although its far from impossible if you downgrade silva or walcott.

Cheers, pound shop defence helps funds. I'll play it by ear, but the only match from GW4-10 that I'd be scared of not having a ManU attacker is against Sunderland. So in a perfect world, Silva/Walcott to a <7m mid and Rooney to Aguero after I captain Wayne against Newcastle. If Kane starts slow, I could just do the previous but a 6m mid instead. The real trouble will be when I want to keep Silva, an Arsenal mid, Hazard, and get Aguero in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right, first draft I've posted. Millionth in my head.

357086.png

Keepers
    Pullis ball keepers for now, that situation not looking as rosy so that may become RuddyRudd.

Defence
    Shaw was a "gut feeling" player for me from the start, and has only strengthened his case since. Caulker tempts me for that slot but I think I'll go with my original. Like everyone not sure which Sunderland 4.5, and not sure about 2 promoted sides, although Norwich seem potentially good for defence. Huth may come into consideration yet.

Target replaces Saylor who I had hopes for till now. Targett may only get a game or 2 but could come in handy in that time.

Hes there cause hes 4.0 and the other three rotate for 2 spots giving the following fixtures first 10 gws (and wild card 1 will be popped long before then). Pretty decent apart from GW7 for 13.5m.

CYR/AVL, NOR/sun, SWA/STO, LEI/avl, BOU/nor, SUN/bou, whu/sto, WAT/LEI, wba/new, WBA/NEW

Midfield
    Rolling with Fab for now, may regret it. The arguments are there for both options. Shut up Swiper.
    Sterling will play up front v WBA and maybe for a large part of Chelsea game. He has it all to prove. Started well last year too.
    Walcott I can't resist. Should be ok for game time for the first 2 or 3 at least IMO. May even play up front.
    The 4th mid spot is up for grabs. With Milner it leave 2m in bank for Costa to Aguero (who could well be confirmed back in for GW2) and therefore saves a transfer elsewhere. Mane, Ozil, Depay or Mata would all fit the bill, with one of the big 4 being downgraded by Aguero time.
    Fletcher is my cheapie and probably the best option IMO when you consider clean sheet points.

Forwards
    Costa vs Swans could be epic. Hes probably an Aguero placeholder, may even switch him for Kane after GW1 if Kane looks essential.
    Rooney is selfexplanaory so far.
    Sahko has great fixtures and a creative midfield behind him, and knows where the goal is. Bilic has said the league comes first so less Europa fears than Soton. The Lukaku GW1 punt and then Sahko is soooo tempting but I think I'd regret it when somebody else becomes an essential GW2 bandwagon and I've committed my transfer. Plus Lukaku is a well known troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Courtois - best around

Clyne - start every game
    Mertesacker - good defense
    Rose - my weak link. Spurs could do anything

Ramsey, mata, Matic, hazard. All class

Bony, Rooney, giroud. Will all start for 3 big teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Courtois - best around

Clyne - start every game
    Mertesacker - good defense
    Rose - my weak link. Spurs could do anything

Ramsey, mata, Matic, hazard. All class

Bony, Rooney, giroud. Will all start for 3 big teams
    Rose is not your weak link. Matic is. How good a player is not relevant. Only the amount of points they're likely to amass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

7BNU3ln.png

My current draft, less than one week left to tinker lads

Best squad I've seen so far. Impressive.

Wouldn't be too keen on Bellerin though and I think Milner is a better option than Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yeah that's why he's so cheap at 5. Carrick is on my bench. Similar problem.

I'm hoping Matic will get a few assists and clean sheet bonuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

7BNU3ln.png

My current draft, less than one week left to tinker lads

Very nice team Ziegler. Do you think Silva is worth the extra 1.5m over Mata/Depay/Ozil/Cazorla. I realise you are probably trying to give yourself coverage from all the big teams, but going an 8.5m/9.0m mid over Silva would allow you to beef up defence a bit, while still having a big hitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Very nice team Ziegler. Do you think Silva is worth the extra 1.5m over Mata/Depay/Ozil/Cazorla. I realise you are probably trying to give yourself coverage from all the big teams, but going an 8.5m/9.0m mid over Silva would allow you to beef up defence a bit, while still having a big hitter.

Or Sterling, even - looks like being in the goals, judging by pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Current draft....

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

CSF wrote:
    Rose is not your weak link. Matic is. How good a player is not relevant. Only the amount of points they're likely to amass.

Do you think so?

He's at a nice price for a guaranteed starter in that price range.
    I think he's worth considering as a 5th midfielder.

• Advertisement

Do you think so?

He's at a nice price for a guaranteed starter in that price range.
    I think he's worth considering as a 5th midfielder.

I wouldn't consider 5.0 good value for a defensive midfielder myself. You'd get a better overall output from a guy like Sinclair or Ibe who you couldn't rely on to start on every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cheers for the feedback lads.
    Fhfc with aguero and sanchez out of the initial equation I don't see the need for a really cheap defence for once.The strong front 8 is something I'm looking at as I have an urge to get rid of that 253 chip ASAP.
    Lemlin I feel city have tough opening fixtures so have decided to go with kolorav as my city attacking coverage so haven't considered sterling. I definetly want two arsenal mids ozil may become Ramsey. I'm currently on hazard and rooney but that could quite easily become Costa and mata if costa gets through today I'm not sold on rooney tbh. On the villa defender that will possibly change to a Bournemouth defender if I can find an alternative to Ritchie in midfield as I don't want to go with 2 Bournemouth players.
    Swiper I somehow managed to thank your post 3 times the site was acting up on me last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shane732 wrote: »
    Current draft....

Capture.jpg

I would downgrade Costa to Kane and upgrade your defence.

Cheers for the feedback lads.
    Fhfc with aguero and sanchez out of the initial equation I don't see the need for a really cheap defence for once.The strong front 8 is something I'm looking at as I have an urge to get rid of that 253 chip ASAP.
    Lemlin I feel city have tough opening fixtures so have decided to go with kolorav as my city attacking coverage so haven't considered sterling. I definetly want two arsenal mids ozil may become Ramsey. I'm currently on hazard and rooney but that could quite easily become Costa and mata if costa gets through today I'm not sold on rooney tbh. On the villa defender that will possibly change to a Bournemouth defender if I can find an alternative to Ritchie in midfield as I don't want to go with 2 Bournemouth players.
    Swiper I somehow managed to thank your post 3 times the site was acting up on me last night.

Aguero and Sanchez could both be back GW2 or certainly 3. I'm trying to set up my team structure to suit them being back so as not to force a very early wc. I most likely will play it early but not locking it in.

With cheap defence and 5th mid i can start with Costa, sahko and Roo (and 2m in bank) and 4 x 9m mids and downgrade from there to upgrade for sanchez/Haz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Has anyone considered Scott Sinclair?

Scored a hat-trick yesterday for Villa (all great goals tbf), would also think that he may be on the pens with his pen record. Sherwood is traditionally an attacking manager and at £5.0mil is a really cheap option for a midfielder.

Considering taking a punt on him (like Siggy last year). With a player like this in your midfield it means 4 x £9million is not required and you can upgrade elsewhere - which I have done by upgrading a £4.0mil defender to Ivanovic. Other option was Berahino/Sakho to Kane.

This leaves me with a team of:

Schmeichel

Shaw Ivanovic Bellerin

Hazard Walcott Mata Sinclair

Costa Bony Berahino/Sakho

Subbs: Hennessey PVA Surman Bennett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

FHFC wrote: »
    Aguero and Sanchez could both be back GW2 or certainly 3. I'm trying to set up my team structure to suit them being back so as not to force a very early wc. I most likely will play it early but not locking it in.

With cheap defence and 5th mid i can start with Costa, sahko and Roo (and 2m in bank) and 4 x 9m mids and downgrade from there to upgrade for sanchez/Haz.

What's the best looking team you've put together with Haz, Sanchez & Aguero in?

I've just been having a look and it takes a lot of downgrading to get them all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered Scott Sinclair?

Scored a hat-trick yesterday for Villa (all great goals tbf), would also think that he may be on the pens with his pen record. Sherwood is traditionally an attacking manager and at £5.0mil is a really cheap option for a midfielder.

Considering taking a punt on him (like Siggy last year). With a player like this in your midfield it means 4 x £9million is not required and you can upgrade elsewhere - which I have done by upgrading a £4.0mil defender to Ivanovic. Other option was Berahino/Sakho to Kane.

This leaves me with a team of:

Schmeichel

Shaw Ivanovic Bellerin

Hazard Walcott Mata Sinclair

Costa Bony Berahino/Sakho

Subbs: Hennessey PVA Surman Bennett

He's currently my 4th mid instead of the Hendobus. Make of that what you will.

Sinclair is a great shout if he can nail down a starting spot. With Ayew, Agbonlahor, Kozak, Gestede, N'Zogbia, Grealish (may move centrally but that has t happened as of yet), Adebayor (or Berbatov) all competing with him for the front 3 places that doesn't look amazing for gametime though. For anyone really.

I'd consider Sinclair more of an option for people who aren't going with another 4.5/5.0. If Sinclair doesn't start you won't get a sub coming in for him because he will usually come off the bench, but at the same time, if he doesn't get a starting spot, you need to have someone good that can play instead of him, because at 5.0 he won't be an easy player to transfer out without hits.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    What's the best looking team you've put together with Haz, Sanchez & Aguero in?

I've just been having a look and it takes a lot of downgrading to get them all in.

I think you need to plan without all 3 for now and look to get some price rises. i am looking at players that I can price rises on & then later on looking to get them in.

On that if I have 1 and he is not performing - then I will get another in

• Advertisement

He's currently my 4th mid instead of the Hendobus. Make of that what you will.

I'll take it that i'm not crazy
    CSF wrote: »
    Sinclair is a great shout if he can nail down a starting spot. With Ayew, Agbonlahor, Kozak, Gestede, N'Zogbia, Grealish (may move centrally but that has t happened as of yet), Adebayor (or Berbatov) all competing with him for the front 3 places that doesn't look amazing for gametime though. For anyone really.

I'd consider Sinclair more of an option for people who aren't going with another 4.5/5.0. If Sinclair doesn't start you won't get a sub coming in for him because he will usually come off the bench, but at the same time, if he doesn't get a starting spot, you need to have someone good that can play instead of him, because at 5.0 he won't be an easy player to transfer out without hits.

Out of those players mentioned he has shown enough in pre-season to start. Yes he might lose his place and it will take a bit of reshuffling but am sure a £4.0mil defender will rear its head up and I can do a bit of reshuffling there.

With that not all higher priced mids are guaranteed full game time.

As I said it is a punt and I think fishing for potential price risers early on is the way to go

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I'll take it that i'm not crazy

Out of those players mentioned he has shown enough in pre-season to start. Yes he might lose his place and it will take a bit of reshuffling but am sure a £4.0mil defender will rear its head up and I can do a bit of reshuffling there.

With that not all higher priced mids are guaranteed full game time.

As I said it is a punt and I think fishing for potential price risers early on is the way to go

Put it this way, he wasn't in my starting team before yesterday's hattrick. I think that Sherwood will give him the start next week after getting the hattrick, but I think his position is going to Ayew going forward so Sinclair will have to hit the ground running this season to hold down a starting spot in the team.

Which is why I think Sinclair is best used rotated with another midfielder or striker, rather than relying on a reshuffle. Reshuffling a 5 million midfielder effectively is difficult. Throwing in your West Ham, Sunderland or Bournemouth midfielder instead is easier.

I don't think Sinclair serves the cheap 5th midfielder role well because usually the idea with these guys is that they're going to be guaranteed starters. Otherwise you'd just go with a 4.5 million dud and use the .5 elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't consider 5.0 good value for a defensive midfielder myself. You'd get a better overall output from a guy like Sinclair or Ibe who you couldn't rely on to start on every week.

It's 4m cheaper than his defensive midfield partner:confused:;)

Couldn't resist that one:pac: (it was Matic they were talking about)

The sunday times have a season preview today and I've bought the new 442 as well, gonna be a busy week in my FPL life (also my real life unfortunately:()

The sunday times have a season preview today and I've bought the new 442 as well, gonna be a busy week in my FPL life (also my real life unfortunately:()

Let me know what the 4-4-2 one is like. Would make some nice lunchtime reading if it's a good preview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm currently on

Myhill butland
    Lescott ivanovic saylor targett o Shea
    Puncheon hazard wallcot depay fletcher
    Wilson Rooney Kane

Was looking too get sterling in but can't see a way without down grading Rooney Kane depay hazard wallcot

Was thinking of going ruddy/Rudd and puncheon - sterling but not enough

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've been waiting for ages for the 442 one
    it's too late for it now
    I'll only get more confused !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Have tweaked around a bit.

357127.PNG

Rotating Myhill and Butland when needed, with Darmian, O'Shea, Ward and Lescott being my go-to back four when needed. Steven Taylor is the cheap 4m option, although I doubt I'll play him.

Spending 9m on the two goalkeepers and a total of 23.5m on my entire back five, with Darmian being the most expensive option at 5.5m.

I am half considering dropping Darmian for Wes Morgan (4.5m - saving 1m) and using the money to bring in Walcott over Ozil.

My midfield is pretty strong, with Ozil, Fabregas, Silva and Depay being the main stars and Scott Sinclair in as the cheap option. Sherwood had Villa scoring goals when he took over, and Sinclair is a tidy player. Better option than Ritchie imo, and 1m cheaper, too.

Up front, Kane and Costa will lead the line with Deeney as the back-up third.

I had never been a huge Silva FPL fan until the last few GWs of last season. I think City will score goals early on and Silva is a steady source of points. Sterling for 1m cheaper could be much better, but I'm trying to stick to known players already at clubs early on

MagicIRL wrote: »

357127.PNG

Rotating Myhill and Butland when needed, with Darmian, O'Shea, Ward and Lescott being my go-to back four when needed. Steven Taylor is the cheap 4m option, although I doubt I'll play him.

Spending 9m on the two goalkeepers and a total of 23.5m on my entire back five, with Darmian being the most expensive option at 5.5m.

I am half considering dropping Darmian for Wes Morgan (4.5m - saving 1m) and using the money to bring in Walcott over Ozil.

My midfield is pretty strong, with Ozil, Fabregas, Silva and Depay being the main stars and Scott Sinclair in as the cheap option. Sherwood had Villa scoring goals when he took over, and Sinclair is a tidy player. Better option than Ritchie imo, and 1m cheaper, too.

I'm have thinking about downgrading ricthie to Sinclair and getting in a 5.5ml to rotate with him
    must have a look at the options now
    maybe one of the Stoke lads
    a quick check and Ki, Mahrez and zaha are the names jumping out at me
    now to check their rotations !
    brady as well
    prob be left back but on set pieces.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Let me know what the 4-4-2 one is like. Would make some nice lunchtime reading if it's a good preview.

Moving off topic but it's always worth the few quid to have something decent to read on the throne and there's always a few quality articles in 442 anyway.
    Not too sure about pre season previews as a lot will still happen this week to change all of our thinking, this whole thread is only shadow boxing until Wednesday or Thursday of the coming week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

357127.PNG

why darmian over shaw?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

357127.PNG

id be swapping costa and ozil for rooney and walcott if I were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

YA6teQw.png

Pretty solid I think, £1m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

This is what thinking for the moment, quite happy with it

:()

Ramires isn't that expensive surely?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

jamesbere wrote: »

Really solid team. Maybe consider changing cedric to a 4.5 or even to a 4.0 because he is too expensive to leave on the bench every week. Also, anya is not too guaranteed of gametime, even if he is going to warm your bench you may as well pick someone who is nailed on like fletcher/wanyama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Further tweaks as my two gut players are in.

Ruddy (y)
    Shaw Cedric Saylor OShea Cook
    Mane Payet Ozil Hazard Hendo
    Rooney Kane Wilson.

Playing 352 starting out till I WC for Aguero.

Very keen on Mane and Payet but with EL I could suffer with selection issues.

Hazard I really wanna dump for Fabregas, just a question of how I feel nearer the deadline.

Hendo was the result of a coin toss with Milner, both are good value IMO.

Rooney,Kane,Wilson are self explanatory. Costa going all hammy again has reduced the striker pool even further so left with these 3.

Walcott/Giroud is a puzzle I can't solve. Both will get gametime but both likely to be hooked/dropped just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ospina WHU (H)

Kompany WBA (A)
    Jagielka WAT (H)
    Coleman WAT (H)

Ki Sung-yueng CHE (A)
    Milner STK (A)
    Fàbregas SWA (H)
    Walters LIV (H)
    Walcott WHU (H)

Rooney TOT (H)
    Kane MUN (A)

Substitute player
    Schmeichel SUN (H)
    Moreno STK (A)
    Tomkins ARS (A)
    Ulloa SUN (H)

My 3rd look at the changing my team. I am taking a risk that Opina will start and also taking a risk with spending my whole amount. Any advice would be welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ospina WHU (H)

Kompany WBA (A)
    Jagielka WAT (H)
    Coleman WAT (H)

Ki Sung-yueng CHE (A)
    Milner STK (A)
    Fàbregas SWA (H)
    Walters LIV (H)
    Walcott WHU (H)

Rooney TOT (H)
    Kane MUN (A)

Substitute player
    Schmeichel SUN (H)
    Moreno STK (A)
    Tomkins ARS (A)
    Ulloa SUN (H)

My 3rd look at the changing my team. I am taking a risk that Opina will start and also taking a risk with spending my whole amount. Any advice would be welcome

Ospina will definitely not start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How does this side look to everyone. Might go walcott to ozil as ozil will probably get more game time. Also is there a better 4.0 defender out there than baker?

FF2015-02-08_zpszquinyka.jpg

How does this side look to everyone. Might go walcott to ozil as ozil will probably get more game time. Also is there a better 4.0 defender out there than baker?

Do Mignolet and Butland rotate well? You might be better off saving 0.5 or even 1m by downgrading the former. Baker won't start and has the highest 4m ownership so you could suffer price drops if the casuals transfer him out en mass

• Advertisement

Ospina WHU (H)

Kompany WBA (A)
    Jagielka WAT (H)
    Coleman WAT (H)

Ki Sung-yueng CHE (A)
    Milner STK (A)
    Fàbregas SWA (H)
    Walters LIV (H)
    Walcott WHU (H)

Rooney TOT (H)
    Kane MUN (A)

Substitute player
    Schmeichel SUN (H)
    Moreno STK (A)
    Tomkins ARS (A)
    Ulloa SUN (H)

Cech will start every match.
    Your defence needs a lot of work. Double Everton with their GW2-9 fixtures? Kompany is also too expensive, go for Kolarov if you want Man City. Moreno isn't nailed on and Tomkins isn't guaranteed to start over Ogbonna and Reid.

Do Mignolet and Butland rotate well? You might be better off saving 0.5 or even 1m by downgrading the former. Baker won't start and has the highest 4m ownership so you could suffer price drops if the casuals transfer him out en mass

Has anyone spotted a better 4.0m option at the back?

No they don't rotate really at all just i was able to get Mignolet in when i had my other business done and given he was close to the golden glove last year i thought he would be worth a punt.

I had Schmeichel and Butland before would you think they are better than just going with Mignolet?

No they don't rotate really at all just i was able to get Mignolet in when i had my other business done and given he was close to the golden glove last year i thought he would be worth a punt.

I had Schmeichel and Butland before would you think they are better than just going with Mignolet?
    he rotates perfectly with ruddy though who is the same price as butland

I'm on Saylor but Newcastle have terrible fixtures and might sign someone. Targett should be good for two matches if you could do with a starter then.

Liverpool have some really nice home matches, so Mig alone could be good. Otherwise, Ruddy+Butland is popular

I wouldn't really have thought of ruddy as I wouldn't fancy Norwich defensively but its something to think about.

Does Hoolahan still start for Norwich?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Really solid team. Maybe consider changing cedric to a 4.5 or even to a 4.0 because he is too expensive to leave on the bench every week. Also, anya is not too guaranteed of gametime, even if he is going to warm your bench you may as well pick someone who is nailed on like fletcher/wanyama.
    Might look into it, cheers for the tip

jamesbere wrote: »

I'm wondering would it be worth you going walcott(9.0) to ozil(8.5), depay(8.5) to sterling(9.0) seeing as you have coverage for man utd with rooney but have nothing for man city who usually put up plenty of goals.

I think cedric is good enough to start as well

I'm wondering would it be worth you going walcott(9.0) to ozil(8.5), depay(8.5) to sterling(9.0) seeing as you have coverage for manutd with rooney but have nothing for man city who usually put up plenty of goals.

I think cedric is good enough to start as well
    It isn't about having coverage from lots of teams though, it is about having the right coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Fabianski CHE (A)

Kolorav WBA (A)
    Shaw TOT (H)
    Koscielny WHU (A)

Schneiderlin TOT (H)
    Sissoko SOU (H)
    Fàbregas SWA (H)
    Walters LIV (H)
    Walcott WHU (H)

Rooney TOT (H)