Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Realy happy with this team right now. I have deep feeling that Firmino will be a steal this year.

2q3yvs9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Best £4.5/5.0 midfielder who will more than likely be playing very sporadically bar injuries/suspensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

callaway92 wrote: »
    Best £4.5/5.0 midfielder who will more than likely be playing very sporadically bar injuries/suspensions?

I like Ashley Westwood now. Lots going for Wanyama or Anya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I like Ashley Westwood now. Lots going for Wanyama or Anya

Cool. I went Anya just from name recognition really. Will consider Westwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Thoughts?

I think Firmino and Coutinho will really click and Hazard will continue to be a potent option for Chelsea. I'm also hoping Cabaye and Cech will have massive seasons after effectively doing very little for the past 12 months with their prior clubs.

2qc36fp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Its a gamble being so committed to attacking players from liverpool,if benteke moves that is,might work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thoughts?

I think Firmino and Coutinho will really click and Hazard will continue to be a potent option for Chelsea. I'm also hoping Cabaye and Cech will have massive seasons after effectively doing very little for the past 12 months with their prior clubs.

2qc36fp.jpg

Bit of money tied up in gk. Downgrade guzan and upgrade a 4.0 defender.My team doesn't have a single 4.0 never mind two as it doesn't look like any will start as of right now.

I certainly wouldn't go with both Cout and Firmino.Firmino will need a bedding in period so I'd wait on him before bringing him in. Cout I think there's better options. Schneiderlin too expensive as a 5th mid. Like the front 3.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bit of money tied up in gk. Downgrade guzan and upgrade a 4.0 defender.My team doesn't have a single 4.0 never mind two as it doesn't look like any will start as of right now.

I certainly wouldn't go with both Cout and Firmino.Firmino will need a bedding in period so I'd wait on him before bringing him in. Cout I think there's better options. Schneiderlin too expensive as a 5th mid. Like the front 3.

Thanks for the feedback Stephen, appreciate it.

With the option of playing all subs in this year's competition I'm thinking Guzan, who is a certain starter for Villa now Given is gone, week accumulate a good few points which for 4.5m is good value.

Save kind of goes for Sneiderlin. He's a starter so if one of the other mid's don't start he'll be a solid sub.

Baker I know won't start, he's just there for filler really but Steven Taylor is loved by McLaren who brought him into the England squad when he was manager. At 29 and back fit from injury he could be a regular for Newcastle this year and excellent value for money. I'm hoping anyway!

I agree Firmino might need some settling in tube but given his background and the fact he's already been in Germany a few year's I'm hoping his transition is smooth and he hits the ground running. DePay was the alternative I was going to go with instead of Firmino but he too might require a settling in period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Rather than waiting for Aguero, went with four quality midfielders, and three mid-range strikers:

• Advertisement

Baker I know won't start, he's just there for filler really but Steven Taylor is loved by McLaren who brought him into the England squad when he was manager. At 29 and back fit from injury he could be a regular for Newcastle this year and excellent value for money. I'm hoping anyway!

B4LjjPrIYAAqKIK.jpg

Apparently new signing Jamaal Lascelles is highly touted and started against Gateshead. He isn't added in FPL though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Apparently new signing Jamaal Lascelles is highly touted and started against Gateshead. He isn't added in FPL though

Didn't they sign him from Forest last year and sent him back on loan? Seemed promising last year but I'm not going to pretend I know any more than that.

Didn't they sign him from Forest last year and sent him back on loan? Seemed promising last year but I'm not going to pretend I know any more than that.

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Guzan won't be a certain starter at all. Sherwood does not fancy him at all and already had a bid rejected for Begovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sherwood could have Courtois playing in his team and he wouldn't be an option.

Sherwood = goals, unfortunately at both ends for his team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

First attempt

Any suggestions appreciated.No money left in the bank

Cech
    Azpiculeta
    Wilson
    Zabaleta
    Shaw

Cabeye
    Milner
    Hazard
    Mata

Rooney
    Costa

Subs
    Rudd
    Oshea
    Wanyama
    Graham

• Advertisement

Antibac wrote: »
    First attempt

Cech
    Azpiculeta
    Wilson
    Zabaleta
    Shaw

Cabeye
    Milner
    Hazard
    Mata

Rooney
    Costa

Subs
    Rudd
    Oshea
    Wanyama
    Graham

Bottom heavy imo. Graham is a waste of a space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Antibac wrote: »
    First attempt

Cech
    Azpiculeta
    Wilson
    Zabaleta
    Shaw

Cabeye
    Milner
    Hazard
    Mata

Rooney
    Costa

Subs
    Rudd
    Oshea
    Wanyama
    Graham

switch Czech for courtois and asp for mertsacker, u will have extra .5m in the bank

For 5.5m what do people think of Schneiderlin or Saha as the 5th Midfielder? I'm leaning towards Schneiderlin as he'll likely end up at Utd but I'm also thinking under Pardew Saha could really blossom and become a focal point for goals in a team who aren't blessed with great strikers.

For 5.5m what do people think of Schneiderlin or Saha as the 5th Midfielder? I'm leaning towards Schneiderlin as he'll likely end up at Utd but I'm also thinking under Pardew Saha could really blossom and become a focal point for goals in a team who aren't blessed with great strikers.

Ki was heavily involved for Swansea last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

if i had to pick i'd say Zaha, most likely he'll be one of three attacking mids (Puncheon and Bolasie being the others), with Cabaye a bit further back dictating the play and creating opportunities. Schneiderlin isn't typically attack-minded, he's more of a holding mid, and i can't see that being any different at a bigger club, and if anything he'll be less guaranteed of starts if he does get that move to a bigger club

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    if i had to pick i'd say Zaha, most likely he'll be one of three attacking mids (Puncheon and Bolasie being the others), with Cabaye a bit further back dictating the play and creating opportunities. Schneiderlin isn't typically attack-minded, he's more of a holding mid, and i can't see that being any different at a bigger club, and if anything he'll be less guaranteed of starts if he does get that move to a bigger club

Great analysis, thanks.

So Cabaye probably isn't a good but at 6.5m then?

Great analysis, thanks.

So Cabaye probably isn't a good but at 6.5m then?

Cabaye could be a good shout, he could have some set piece duties too, but maybe a bit risky to pick him starting off. Bolasie for the same price finished last season very well

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Here's my first go at it

Cech

Coleman
    Clyne
    Azpilicueta

Downing
    Hazard
    Bolasie
    Walcott

Costa
    Kane
    Deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

First real go at it. This team gives me aguero money in the bank, but I am not too sure about sakho, although there isn't much better options I can see. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    First real go at it. This team gives me aguero money in the bank, but I am not too sure about sakho, although there isn't much better options I can see. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

FFS recommends Francis, as an assist-provider, over Mings, and he's the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

FFS recommends Francis, as an assist-provider, over Mings, and he's the same price.

Cheers will change to him, only picked mings because of the name.

V2 of my draft.

Logic is:-

Two starting GK's (should I just go for one starting with Fabianski and a 4.0 GK in Hamer - why is Hamer getting all the love? 14% of people have him in their team!)

Playing 3 4 3 so

Alderweireld - Janmaat - Clyne

Hendo - Firmino - DePay - Cabaye (Think Firmino and DePay will be front line attachers rather than orthodox mids) and Cabaye will be on free kicks and peno's.

Rodriguez - Costa - Aguero (I think Rodriguez with a pre season and injury free will be raring to go and will score 10-15 goals)

Thoughts?

258nhy1.jpg

And here's a 3rd version which gets Hazard into the mix swapping Firmino for Couthino and Rodriguez for Defoe who I think will be a nailed on starter for Sunderland and will get 10-15 goals for them.

Hazard + Couthino + Defoe are possibly a better combination and less risky than DePay - Firmino and Rodriguez as DePay and Firmino might need time to settle in and Rodriguez is just coming back from a long term injury.

bbwcg.jpg

V2 of my draft.

Two starting GK's (should I just go for one starting with Fabianski and a 4.0 GK in Hamer - why is Hamer getting all the love? 14% of people have him in their team!)

Playing 3 4 3 so

Hendo - Firmino - DePay - Cabaye (Think Firmino and DePay will be front line attachers rather than orthodox mids) and Cabaye will be on free kicks and peno's.

Defoe - Costa - Aguero (I think Defoe with a pre season and guaranteed starting spot will score 10-15 goals)

Thoughts?

Two 4.0 defenders isn't viable as it is likely neither will get any game time. Btw you have JRod in there not Defoe on your screenshot.

Personally I'd hold off on both Firmino and Depay. If Depay can get a starting spot he'd likely be the first name on my team, I'm a huge fan. But I would personally wait on those two to see how they fit in.

If you're going for two starting keepers I'd have them both 4.5s however that's your decision. Aguero could miss the first couple of games so I wouldn't start with him, maybe have cash itb for the upgrade.

But yeah first priority is those two 4.0 defenders. Get rid somehow IMO. Also if you're playing 343, a 5.5 5th mid is too expensive.

Edit: You're welcome...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

V2 of my draft.

Playing 3 4 3 so

Rodriguez - Costa - Aguero (I think Rodriguez with a pre season and injury free will be raring to go and will score 10-15 goals)

Thoughts?

People are going hamer as he is the highest scoring 4 mil keeper from last year. It's a bad move as he will not start and due to his high ownership will end up losing value when people sell. There is no way I'd have 3 Liverpool players in my team particularly 2 of their mids very tough opening fixtures in particular the away games and didn't score many goals last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

People are going hamer as he is the highest scoring 4 mil keeper from last year. It's a bad move as he will not start and due to his high ownership will end up losing value when people sell. There is no way I'd have 3 Liverpool players in my team particularly 2 of their mids very tough opening fixtures in particular the away games and didn't score many goals last year.

Hamer also offers a lot of excellent options in terms of team names:

Hamer-time
    Hamer of Thor
    If I had a Hamer
    Lets get Hamered

• Advertisement

I'm personally curious as to Mr P's team name. If you're struggling, Mr P..... may i suggest... "Mr P on Targett"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Initial draft, plenty of work to be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Draft 1....

Smalling I'm keen on given the calibre of Utds reinforcements.

Forwards are puzzling but maybe a good combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone tempted by Lukaku (I know, I know) for GW1. He's a transfer waiting to happen and their fixtures from GW2 aren't great for a while, but it you're ever gonna own him it would be at home to Watford.

Costa is also a consideration for GW1. Given their fixtures I think 2 Chelsea attackers may be overkill, but he absolutely ruined Swansea in one of the games last year,away I think. They could be his Norwich!!

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Lukaku (I know, I know) for GW1. He's a transfer waiting to happen and their fixtures from GW2 aren't great for a while, but it you're ever gonna own him it would be at home to Watford.

Costa is also a consideration for GW1. Given their fixtures I think 2 Chelsea attackers may be overkill, but he absolutely ruined Swansea in one of the games last year,away I think. They could be his Norwich!!

I would only do Lukaku if I was going to captain him and that will never happen, so no. Maybe after GW10 once their fixtures get nice.

I may go Costa if ManU sign another striker, but I feel double Chelsea attack won't be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

V2 of my draft.

Playing 3 4 3 so

Thoughts?

258nhy1.jpg

And here's a 3rd version which gets Hazard into the mix swapping Firmino for Couthino and Rodriguez for Defoe who I think will be a nailed on starter for Sunderland and will get 10-15 goals for them.

Hazard + Couthino + Defoe are possibly a better combination and less risky than DePay - Firmino and Rodriguez as DePay and Firmino might need time to settle in and Rodriguez is just coming back from a long term injury.

bbwcg.jpg

No arsenal coverage is going to be a problem. I would have either hazard or Costa allowing you to bring in an Arsenal player

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I would only do Lukaku if I was going to captain him and that will never happen, so no. Maybe after GW10 once their fixtures get nice.

I may go Costa if ManU sign another striker, but I feel double Chelsea attack won't be needed.

I might nearly favour Costa over Hazard at the start. Ownership would be the concern I guess. Early days yet obviously.

I think Lukaku could have a big season with a more settled Everton without the Europa. He's as likely to score against a big club too, although the fixtures are not kind after Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

I have lukaku in my team at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pointywalnut

Hi, this is what I am thinking of

Swansea Fabianski £5.00
    Arsenal Cech £5.50
    Chelsea Ivanovic £7.00
    Arsenal Mertesacker £5.50
    Liverpool Clyne £5.50
    Everton Hibbert £4.00
    Everton Jagielka £5.50
    Chelsea Hazard £11.50
    West Ham Downing £6.00
    Liverpool Henderson £7.00
    Spurs Chadli £7.00
    Southampton Schneiderlin £5.50
    Chelsea Costa £11.00
    Arsenal Giroud £9.00
    Aston Villa Agbonlahor £5.00

With either a 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 formation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi, this is what I am thinking of

Swansea Fabianski £5.00
    Arsenal Cech £5.50
    Chelsea Ivanovic £7.00
    Arsenal Mertesacker £5.50
    Liverpool Clyne £5.50
    Everton Hibbert £4.00
    Everton Jagielka £5.50
    Chelsea Hazard £11.50
    West Ham Downing £6.00
    Liverpool Henderson £7.00
    Spurs Chadli £7.00
    Southampton Schneiderlin £5.50
    Chelsea Costa £11.00
    Arsenal Giroud £9.00
    Aston Villa Agbonlahor £5.00

With either a 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 formation

Those prices are cheap, but you can do better with Soccerstarz on Amazon :P

Too much spent on GK's
    2 Everton Defenders is dodgy
    No Ars/City MF coverage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but anyone know how often fpl site updates? looking to start planning team & thinking about Schweinsteiger.. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but anyone know how often fpl site updates? looking to start planning team & thinking about Schweinsteiger.. Thanks

Go here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/ and hit F5...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

F1ngers wrote: »

Excellent £7.0m, I was looking in the team list on page where you pick team. I should look more carefully :)

Team planning can get underway!! Cheers

Excellent £7.0m, I was looking in the team list on page where you pick team. I should look more carefully :)

Team planning can get underway!! Cheers

Personally, I wouldn't go near him even for 6.0m. But that's just my opinion :)

OK, V4 of my team.

WBA six months in and with a full pre season under Pulis will be good value for money in terms of defenders and clean sheets.

Boalasie in Mid might carry on last seasons form and wreck havoc or be crap, either way he can be swapped for alternatives fairly quickly and easily.

Going 3 4 3 to max the front line and expect Benteke to join LFC.

0gE7wmO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

First Draft:

Krul, Rudd
    Darmina, Jagielka, Skrtel, Coloccini, Turner
    Hazard, Sterling, Gomez, Sanchez, Wanyama
    Lukaku, Costa, Diouf

What you think?

OK, V4 of my team.

WBA six months in and with a full pre season under Pulis will be good value for money in terms of defenders and clean sheets.

Boalasie in Mid might carry on last seasons form and wreck havoc or be crap, either way he can be swapped for alternatives fairly quickly and easily.

Going 3 4 3 to max the front line and expect Benteke to join LFC.

Your keepers have shocking opening fixtures. Dont think Kane is worth the money. LVG has said Depay will need time to settle in.

Team with Kane in it, 0 ITB

T1a4p41.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

First, very quick draft. Not too confident in it to be honest. Can change Mata to Di Maria/Dempay/Other. Moreno+Marriapa can be changed for two 4.5m defs too.

Thoughts?

i6iahc.jpg

You need to spend more on your bench, the two defenders aren't starters and Anya could be rotated. Zaha might also not start every week. Two ManU attackers could be overkill

• Advertisement
Advertisement