Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Benimar wrote: »
    The Aguero news has me thinking:
    Mignolet/Ruddy

Mertesacker/Huth/Coates/Mings/Targett
    Fabregas, Ozil, Mane, Henderson, Ritchie
    Aguero, Rooney, Deeney.

That would be Cedric, Sterling, Pelle and Benteke out for Targett, Mane, Deeney and Aguero.

Decisions, decisions

How I wish I could bring myself to drop Hazard to Fabregas!

That 2.5m would make life so much easier!

For Henderson in your team read Fletcher in mine and Saylor instead of Targett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nice team!

2 things of note.
    1. 10.0 on keepers is excessive. Downgrade Butland to a 4.0. I imagine you won't be benching Courtois ever.

2. Shelvey won't score big points often. Maybe with the 0.5 saved from the keepers you could potentially upgrade to soneone more attack focused.

in before Shelvey scores two 50 yard screamers in his first game.....

:evil:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can probably afford aguero and still keep a similar team plan but it would mean losing ivanovic for a cheapie, sahko for deeney and probably Walcott for cazorla........not sure I want to
    every single year Ivan stays in my team till the friday evening and I ship him out for funds........also lose benteke for aguero......
    aguero ownership 12.5% with pulis then jose bus
    I'm gonna chance leaving him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Not that I am trying to persuade you but....

...assuming Aguero stays fit there is only really tomorrow and one other GW that you might captain Hazard between now and GW 10, so the question is will Hazard and Fletcher outscore Fabregas and Henderson in that time? Maybe, but its by no means a guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ruddy (Rudd)
    Ivan, Bellerin, Yoshia (4.0,4.0)
    Ritchie, Walcott, Fab, Depay, Mane
    AGUERO, Tekkers (4.5)

Slightly worried about the bargain basement bench. I'll be lucky to have 1 playing sub. I might go with it for the first 2 GW's though until I see what cheapies look like playing. Ivan can go to Dave to get me another playing sub (or two) but my gut is saying to keep him for the time being.
    Clyne is tempting me but Bellerin wins out for now.
    Am worried about Aguero's (13%) price going through the roof if he gets any amount of points in the first 2 GW's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Benimar wrote: »
    Not that I am trying to persuade you but....

...assuming Aguero stays fit there is only really tomorrow and one other GW that you might captain Hazard between now and GW 10, so the question is will Hazard and Fletcher outscore Fabregas and Henderson in that time? Maybe, but its by no means a guarantee.

That's a very solid point.

I felt I weakened my team too much by having to fit in Aguero and my latest hair brained idea of Mane so now with Fabregas instead of Hazard I am back to the same team I had and was happy with but now with Mane/Aguero instead of Sterling/Pelle

Wonder how many more times will I change it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Probably not as many as me!! Roll on 11.45am tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm just much more content with Sergio in my team. The whole balance even seems to be better, to my mind anyway :)

Q3qc151.jpg?1

I still have issues over my defenders in terms of personnel but relatively solid for relatively cheap.

Midfield seems more balanced too with 2 big hitters in Walcott and Fab and 2 important players for their clubs in Chadli and Henderbus. When you look at GW2 their addition brings a greater harmony to things!

Aguero even with 30 minutes can score points, he's proven that and it saves a mad scramble and points hits. This is reinforced by the fact that there are supreme questions hanging over ever other top range forward too. Costa/Giroud/Lukaku/Benteke and perhaps Kane. Throw Pelle into that mix too with Europa if you want but I just like him for the first month or 2 of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Thoughts...? Half a mil in the bank and not to bothered about subs just yet.

7zAjOGe.jpg

Why the hell is Ings there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thoughts...? Half a mil in the bank and not to bothered about subs just yet.

7zAjOGe.jpg

Ings, Senderos, Taylor and Graham aren't guarenteed starters. Cahill not worth the extra .5 over Azpi. Jagielka has poor fixtures and Schneiderlin is not a good FPL player. Would prefer an Arsenal defender to Clyne due to Pool's difficult away fixtures. Too much spent on defence which could be used to improve your bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok, ok. I'm getting very close.

GK: Ruddy (NOR), Hennessey (CRY)
    DF: O'Shea (SUN), Mertesacker (ARS), Ward (CRY), Azpilicueta (CHE), Taylor (NEW)
    MF: Cabaye (CRY), Fabregas (CHE), Sterling (MCI), Walcott (ARS), Ibe (LIV)
    FW: Benteke (LIV), Kane (TOT), Rooney (MNU)

The plan is to get Aguero in for GW 4, providing he doesn't go crazy in the early weeks. To do this, I will be downgrading either of Kane or Benteke to (depending on the season start), and upgrading Rooney to him.

Walcott also won't be in my team long due to being a rotation risk, I just badly want him for this week.

The transfers for the first couple of weeks so will be:

Walcott -> Cazorla/Ramsey/Ozil (More than likely Cazorla)
    Kane/Benteke -> Deeney (or whoever has looked the best) (GW3 at the earliest)
    Rooney -> Aguero (GW 3 at the earliest)

Will also then look at moving Sterling on for Mané or Wijnaldum (Or again, the most impressive player in that price range).

Despite all this, I fully expect to be playing my wildcard by GW4/5 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

FF1.png
    image hosting more than 5mb

Hey guys, looking for some feedback on the above team. Have 0.5 M in the bank. Any thoughts? I'm not too sure about Pellé...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ok, ok. I'm getting very close.

GK: Ruddy (NOR), Hennessey (CRY)
    DF: O'Shea (SUN), Mertesacker (ARS), Ward (CRY), Azpilicueta (CHE), Taylor (NEW)
    MF: Cabaye (CRY), Fabregas (CHE), Sterling (MCI), Walcott (ARS), Ibe (LIV)
    FW: Benteke (LIV), Kane (TOT), Rooney (MNU)

The plan is to get Aguero in for GW 4, providing he doesn't go crazy in the early weeks. To do this, I will be downgrading either of Kane or Benteke to (depending on the season start), and upgrading Rooney to him.

Walcott also won't be in my team long due to being a rotation risk, I just badly want him for this week.

The transfers for the first couple of weeks so will be:

Walcott -> Cazorla/Ramsey/Ozil (More than likely Cazorla)
    Kane/Benteke -> Deeney (or whoever has looked the best) (GW3 at the earliest)
    Rooney -> Aguero (GW 3 at the earliest)

Will also then look at moving Sterling on for Mané or Wijnaldum (Or again, the most impressive player in that price range).

Despite all this, I fully expect to be playing my wildcard by GW4/5 :p

It's a solid team, but you have a LOT of transfers planned. I'd at least pick one of Caz/Ram/Ozil and go with him to save yourself a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Draft 2 of my team. Its completely changed. Another draft to come tonight when I've more time to finalise it!

357812.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Would someone like to give me some advice on this team please? :D

Schmeichel
    Hennessey

Azpi
    Kos
    Mings
    Bassong
    Gomez

Hazard
    Sinclair
    Sterling
    Walcott
    Wanyama

Benteke
    Rooney
    Pelle

• Advertisement

It's a solid team, but you have a LOT of transfers planned. I'd at least pick one of Caz/Ram/Ozil and go with him to save yourself a transfer.

I completely agree about the Arsenal midfielder situation and it's something I'm looking at and it'll probably be a last minute decision tomorrow. But I just can't help shake the feeling that Walcott is gonna get a brace tomorrow, which is what I swinging me! However, I see Giroud starting the tough away game at Palace in GW2, so it is purely a one week punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

Another change

team%202015%20B_zpshglhnfdd.jpg

Clyne on the bench this week against Stoke.
    Walters and Milner are like sore thumbs and are there for price reasons. Can't get Fabregas without offloading a few others.

Any thoughts ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Another change

team%202015%20B_zpshglhnfdd.jpg

Clyne on the bench this week against Stoke.
    Walters and Milner are like sore thumbs and are there for price reasons. Can't get Fabregas without offloading a few others.

Any thoughts ?

You shouldn't have a 5.5 def on the bench. Downgrade one of them, and put it into Walters.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

HazardSinclairSterlingWalcottWanyama

Would someone like to give me some advice on this team please?

Best advice, use the spacebar

You shouldn't have a 5.5 def on the bench. Downgrade one of them, and put it into Walters.

Maybe this and now have Fabregas

team%202015%20C_zpsdtfwlmff.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Best advice, use the spacebar

I have dashes between them??? Confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

I think I have it now, one bench spot essentially wasted with Taylor but I think it's a decent team for the first 4 or 5 weeks. The defence rotates nicely and I'm going to rotate Sakho and Mahrez depending on the fixture.

o3Hj4vA.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Draft 2 of my team. Its completely changed. Another draft to come tonight when I've more time to finalise it!

357812.png

Get rid of Matic, awful pick. And Fabregas. Hazard is enough chelsea midfielders. I don't think Clyne is a great pick either.

Maybe this and now have Fabregas

team%202015%20C_zpsdtfwlmff.jpg

Personally, instead of Fabregas + McCarthy, I'd go Mane + 6.0m.

McCarthy is a VERY poor choice. Very defensive, and Everton have poor fixtures.

Personally, instead of Fabregas + McCarthy, I'd go Mane + 6.0m.

McCarthy is a VERY poor choice. Very defensive, and Everton have poor fixtures.

I was looking at Mane before last choice.

So I dumped McCarthy (fair enough comment) and fabregas (worried about loosing him) and swopped for Mane and Adam. Not happy with Adam at all. Stuck for decent 6M midfielder.

I was looking at Mane before last choice.

So I dumped McCarthy (fair enough comment) and fabregas (worried about loosing him) and swopped for Mane and Adam. Not happy with Adam at all. Stuck for decent 6M midfielder.

Ritchie could be worth a punt.

Ritchie could be worth a punt.

I see a few people punting on him. I know absolutely nothing about him. Regular starter ?

I see a few people punting on him. I know absolutely nothing about him. Regular starter ?

Nailed on. 15 goals, 17 assists in the Championship last season. Obviously he won't repeat that but if you feel like a gamble, he could be a great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Swore I wouldn't do it this season but have been convinced today to enter. Just did an auto complete and seems like a strong team. Are player values lower this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

I have dashes between them??? Confused

Dashes not appearing on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thoughts on this team, draft 2...changed it a bit as had 3 Liverpool players. 0 in the bank.

Courtois, (Schmeichel)...Thinking of maybe Cech instead of Courtois?

Mertesacker, Morgan, Van Aanholt, Fonte, (Francis)

Hazard, Mata, Henderson, Silva, (Wanyama)

Benteke, Rooney (Graham)

Was thinking of maybe getting Kane in for Rooney and upgrading elsewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thoughts on this lot please

Cech Schwarzer
    Ivanovic Mertesacker Morgan Jagielka Mariappa
    Hazard Barry Walcott Wanyama Sinclair
    Aguero Benteke Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

What are people's thoughts?

Where would you spend the 1m I have in the bank? Upgrade midfield or defense?

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Finished draft. (Until tomorrow's panic.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ClockEnd1886

Only just joined but would be very grateful for any thoughts on my team so far.

Stekelenburg

Mertesacker - Azpilicueta - O'Shea

Ozil - Hazard - Sterling - Mane

Rooney - Benteke - Berahino

Subs - Hennessey, S.Taylor, Baker, Fletcher

Still unsure of Stekelenburg in goal, as well as O'Shea. Happy with my midfielders and strikers though.
    Again any comments would be much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Any advise on this?

20383634991_17dde9db7b.jpg

Am down to Henderson+Sakho or Benteke+Mahrez. No doubt that whatever option I pick will be the wrong one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Omeceron wrote: »
    Any advise on this?

20383634991_17dde9db7b.jpg

Wouldn't go with three Arsenal, and still think Walcott will probably start ahead of Ox. Bring in Cabaye and Ritchie as stopgaps, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

honeybear wrote: »
    Thoughts on this lot please

Cech Schwarzer
    Ivanovic Mertesacker Morgan Jagielka Mariappa
    Hazard Barry Walcott Wanyama Sinclair
    Aguero Benteke Pelle

Looks fairly solid, Keepers/defence and Strikers strong
    maybe if you want to upgrade 1 or 2 of Sinclair, Wayanama, Barry.

Unless your'e set on doubling up on arsenal defence. You could save money by

you could get rid of Cech for Courtois for Chelsea cover,
    downgrade Ivanovic to a Southampton defender (5.0 or 5.5 or Matt Targett at 4.0 until Bertrand is fit)
    Hold on to Mertsacker or swap for Bellerin ( same money should have more chance of assists on wing but not sure if he's nailed on at RB?)

Would give you strong defensive over each week for Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Southampton.

And free up cash for Midfield upgrades.

Is there any word on Aguero/Costa being fit or not
    I have Costa in my draft from few weeks ago but would swap to Aguero if more he's more likely to get gametime,
    (already have Silva and Hazard)

Bump
    Shane732 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts?

Where would you spend the 1m I have in the bank? Upgrade midfield or defense?

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bump

If it was me I'd go:

- Wanyama to a £4.5m with less ownership due to the possibility of a price drop when the casuals transfer him out en-mass if he doesn't score in the first few weeks.

- Coates is more likely to start than O'Shea IMO. They're the same price so maybe something to look at.

- I'd put £0.5m into Ki and use the £0.5m to upgrade Taylor to a defender who will start every week, though I can understand people being happy to select him (Ki).

- If you're set on Ki, use the £1m in defence. Still upgrade Taylor. You could even use the extra £0.5m to turn O'Shea into van Aanholt, or if you like a Southampton defender Taylor can turn into Cedric.

- Of course if you're happy with Taylor then you should upgrade one of the £4.5m's to a premium - Bellerin/Mertesacker for example, or Shaw/Darmian.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Bump

Would consider upgrading your defense. Leicester, Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle does not bode well for clean sheets which remember, are just as valuable as a striker's goal. I would invest in a top defender from Arsenal/Chelsea/Southampton. Cheap(er) options are Bellerin, Fonte and Azpi if you don't want Ivanovic.

Having both Hazard and Aguero is really pulling your budget, but then again if thats what you want to go with you could be rewarded. Aguero to someone less could allow to upgrade to one of Ozil/Ramsey/Sterling/Silva.

Paully D wrote: »
    If it was me I'd go:

- Wanyama to a £4.5m with less ownership due to the possibility of a price drop when the casuals transfer him out en-mass if he doesn't score in the first few weeks.

- Coates is more likely to start than O'Shea IMO. They're the same price so maybe something to look at.

- I'd put £0.5m into Ki and use the £0.5m to upgrade Taylor to a defender who will start every week, though I can understand people being happy to select him (Ki).

- If you're set on Ki, use the £1m in defence. Still upgrade Taylor. You could even use the extra £0.5m to turn O'Shea into van Aanholt, or if you like a Southampton defender Taylor can turn into Cedric.

- Of course if you're happy with Taylor then you should upgrade one of the £4.5m's to a premium - Bellerin/Mertesacker for example, or Shaw/Darmian.

I've gone with Mertesacker at the moment. I'm not set on Ki at all but trying to keep Hazard and Aguero in the team is tough going!

The one person I would love to have in my team in Silva

I've gone with Mertesacker at the moment. I'm not set on Ki at all but trying to keep Hazard and Aguero in the team is tough going!

Ki -> Cabaye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

What you think of my team? Attached screenshot of the team with Captain Walcott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Walcot now a doubt according to the guardian. Swap for carzola/ozil or hold tight?

What you think of my team? Attached screenshot of the team with Captain Walcott.

Wouldn't bother with Anya. It's not even assured if he'll play, and if he does, it's more than likely going to be right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Walcot now a doubt according to the guardian. Swap for carzola/ozil or hold tight?
    What do you mean a doubt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Currently have:

Cech - (Hennessey)

Ivanovic Mertesacker Clyne (Cedric) (Mariappa)

Wanyama Mane Depay Cazorla Ayew

Kane Aguero (Forestieri)

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement