Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Left it late to get back to this and now doing a lot of second guessing.
    Read Agureo and Silva are fit, so not sure which to go with now.
    To get aguero i'd need to swap silva and rooney to aguero and Mata/Depay

Any suggestions on who to change around,

Mane is expensive but from Europa League he looks to still be playing very advanced.

Not set on Shaw either as I feel weak with 3 (4.0's) and only Targett likely to start first game or 2. Not to mention defoe/benteke up front.

I'm left with this mess now

0 In the bank

Courtois (Mccarthy)

Targett, Mertsacker, Shaw, (S Taylor, Oxford)

Hazard(C), Walcott, Silva, Mane, (Bentaleb)

Rooney, Defoe, Benteke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

CSF wrote: »
    What do you mean a doubt?

Have him starting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have him starting on the bench.
    They have less knowledge than you or I on the topic IMO. Unless they're claiming they have solid info on it that he won't start, then they're just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My team looks so much better with Morgan in it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Think I'll go with this..always go with a cheapie defense at the start and will rotate Sinclair & Wilson (until the the bargain players emerge.

Don't really want to get Aguero in but figure its easier to build a team with him in it than get him in later after he hits a double figure score.

357846.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iMuse wrote: »
    Think I'll go with this..always go with a cheapie defense at the start and will rotate Sinclair & Wilson (until the the bargain players emerge.

Don't really want to get Aguero in but figure its easier to build a team with him in it than get him in later after he hits a double figure score.

357846.PNG
    That is actually really really good. You'll get less points in goals and defence that other people but you still seem to have good enough rotation going.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Walcot now a doubt according to the guardian. Swap for carzola/ozil or hold tight?

Can you provide a link please to this story, I cannot find any such information/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

OK Ok barring any major news updates on serious injuries i think this is it, but the WC is already in my mind for GW4 if its all going tits up.

YkG8OBg.png

My defence is clearly the weak point, especially this week but i think Stekelenburg is a safe bet for the start and Alderweireld and Williams are also decent shouts for the the first while rotating with Huth and hopefully STaylor as suits.

Wanyama as my 4.5mid seems a sound enough choice, he'll play most weeks. Redmond, a bit of a risk Zaha is there in my mind too as is Surman but i'll stick for now unless anyone has any other ideas.

Not much to say about my front three.

Decent to begin with or should i rethink upgrading my defence at the cost of Benteke/Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Opinions on Rudd/Ruddy v Schmeichel/Schwarzer? Huth with the 1st pair or Martin with the 2nd pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Can you provide a link please to this story, I cannot find any such information/

Its just their match preview and predicted line ups. They used to be quite good couple of years ago but uneducated guesses last year from my experience.

Arsenal v West Ham United: match preview

http://gu.com/p/4bbzg?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

CSF wrote: »
    That is actually really really good. You'll get less points in goals and defence that other people but you still seem to have good enough rotation going.

Yeah I think the key is to spread your points potential throughout the top teams if possible..With Aguero and Hazard in the lineup you have to cut back somewhere and those two can always be dropped and Rooney / Kane / Alexis / Sterling etc brought in if they catch fire.

Sinclair is a bit of a punt... All depends on if he gets minutes, should start the first few games anyway and can be shipped out for someone else if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

YYs78rx.jpg

Okay any advice on this team? Upfront seems a bit poor, I was thinking of changing to Benteke but that would leave me with 3 Liverpool. Im torn on the rest of the squad too.. Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Approaching the final draft now:

only question marks i have are

Courtois to Cech?
    Milner to Cabaye? or other?
    walcott to ozil? ram? cazorla?

Courtois Schwarzer
    Cedric Alder Huth Taylor Bellerin
    Walcott Fabregas Sterling Gnabry Milner
    Rooney Kane Deeney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Butland
    Ruddy

Ward
    Huth
    Mert
    O Shea
    Oxford

Hazard
    Sterling
    Memphis
    Walcott
    Fletcher

Rooney
    Benteke
    Berahino

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Agghhh, starting to rejig the defence now.

Butland - Myhill
    Azpi - Bassong - Alderweireld - Jones (sunderland) - S.Taylor

Billy Jones, I'm thinking he could actually be the safest option in Sunderland defence besides PVA. Am I right? Who else would start right back?

Was then thinking of taking out Myhill and Bassing and brining in Ruddy and Gomez.

Leicester and Villa have nice fixture but can they be trusted at the back?

Any thoughts or advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Right lads, I think I'm done and would love some feedback. Team is built with the first 3 weeks in mind after which I will be wildcarding to fit Aguero in and at that stage I'll have a little more knowledge on other teams, line-ups etc.

dcfae3f2f1a13e30351d79d1326fc333.png

The defence gives me:

GW 1 - WHU, TOT, SUN (GK plays lei)
    GW 2 - cpl, avl, WBA (GK plays NOR)
    GW 3 - NEW, LIV, STO (GK plays SWA)

Midfielders and attackers don't really need much explanation, but Ritchie is my one punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You thinking Hennessy over Mccarthy?

Had Ritchie in up to 5 Mins ago, I think he could be a gamble worth taking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

On this for my team now. Anyone any thoughts on it? Tried to spread out the attacking players from the top sides.

FPL1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

YYs78rx.jpg

Okay any advice on this team? Upfront seems a bit poor, I was thinking of changing to Benteke but that would leave me with 3 Liverpool. Im torn on the rest of the squad too.. Ideas?

decent squad considering you have 2mil in the bank. i'd go for benteke or pelle instead of sakho. if you're uncomfortable with 3 liverpool players, i'd change hendo to maybe tadic or wijnaldum possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok, I'm done. For tonight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

What are your views on this, was gonna keep it secret as I don't want ye stealing my ideas and stopping me from being number 1 this week but anyway here goes ;-)

CECH GIVEN
    CLYNE KOSCIELNY SHAW WILLIAMS COLLINS
    BARKLEY HAZARD(v) HERRERA WALCOTT(c) HENDERSON
    FALCAO BENTEKE BERAHINO

Paully D wrote: »
    Right lads, I think I'm done and would love some feedback. Team is built with the first 3 weeks in mind after which I will be wildcarding to fit Aguero in and at that stage I'll have a little more knowledge on other teams, line-ups etc.

dcfae3f2f1a13e30351d79d1326fc333.png

The defence gives me:

GW 1 - WHU, TOT, SUN (GK plays lei)
    GW 2 - cpl, avl, WBA (GK plays NOR)
    GW 3 - NEW, LIV, STO (GK plays SWA)

Midfielders and attackers don't really need much explanation, but Ritchie is my one punt.

can't fault that squad really. nice balance. i wouldn't have much confidence in united's defence though.
    titan18 wrote: »
    On this for my team now. Anyone any thoughts on it? Tried to spread out the attacking players from the top sides.

FPL1.png

another decent squad. Hennessy is more likely to start than mccarthy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, guess it's about time to post a draft. Explanations beneath:

VJAMtbm.png

In the bank: 1.0

Goalkeepers: I decided I wanted Pulis defensive cover somewhere in the defence, and have gone with Myhill. Maybe I'm making a rod for my back with Foster expected back in December, but by then it should be known which 4.5 options are the best going forward. As for Hennessy, it is a toss up between him and McCarthy as the 4.0 'keeper with the best chance of starting. If anyone thinks I picked incorrectly on that score, please let me know.

Defence: Bellerin has been in all my drafts; he was brilliant last season and I think he is firmly #1 right-back. Huth is there because I'm hoping Ranieri maintains Leicester's good defensive record from last season; Gomez I'm hoping will be a nice value earner since it's likely he'll start. And who knows, if he starts well maybe he'll keep Moreno out when the latter comes back. I have Coates ready to come in if Gomez is suddenly dropped. I couldn't decide between Targett and S.Taylor for my 4.0; another toss up. I'm comfortable with having one as my third sub.

Midfield: Hazard is like an insurance policy: I'm not so sure he'll start with an explosion but I'm not willing to risk not having him. I initially had Walcott beside him, but I needed to free up 0.5 for my Kun contingency, and I saw the transfer to Ozil as the least compromising way to do so (I may swap Ozil for Ramsay). As for Memphis, I actually had Milner in here up until earlier (with Azpili in defence with the extra cash) but I wasn't comfortable having two attacking Liverpool players. I don't feel totally comfortable with the Dutch noob, but I think I'm settled on chancing him. Sterling instead of Silva frees up a valuable 1.0, and I think he'll do well at City (unfortunately). Bentaleb plays deep, sure, but I think he's as decent a bench-fodder option as any 4.5 mid.

Forwards: Rooney seems a no-brainer given the striker situation at United, and I think Benteke will do well at Liverpool. I wasn't sold on Sakho earlier in the summer, but the more I think about it and look at his stats from last season, his pre-season form, and the creativity Payet will bring to West Ham, the more I'm inclined to give him a chance. He also frees up a lot of budget. I had toyed with having Kane in there, and at various times have had him instead of both Benteke and Sakho, but I think I'm going to leave him out to begin with.

Kun Contingency: Currently I can get Aguero with two transfers: Rooney to Aguero and Memphis to a 7.0 (depending on how both start). I'm also tempted to use that 1.0 ITB to upgrade a defender, in which case I would need three transfers to bring Aguero in. Haven't decided on that yet.

northknife wrote: »
    What are your views on this, was gonna keep it secret as I don't want ye stealing my ideas and stopping me from being number 1 this week but anyway here goes ;-)

CECH GIVEN
    CLYNE KOSCIELNY SHAW WILLIAMS COLLINS
    BARKLEY HAZARD(v) HERRERA WALCOTT(c) HENDERSON
    FALCAO BENTEKE BERAHINO

avoid falcao like the plague. herrera will not get much game time.

froog wrote: »
    can't fault that squad really. nice balance. i wouldn't have much confidence in united's defence though.

another decent squad. Hennessy is more likely to start than mccarthy though.

50/50 imo on who starts, but ideally they'll be rarely played anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Think I have my day 1 team ready. Any opinions welcome.

Hennessey

Azpi - Mangala - Bellerin

Sterling - Fabragas - Ozil - Mane

Rooney (C) - Benteke - Iglaho

Bench: Butland - Zaha - Aldeweireld - S. Taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Paully D wrote: »

dcfae3f2f1a13e30351d79d1326fc333.png[IMG]The defence gives me: GW 1 - WHU, TOT, SUN (GK plays lei) GW 2 - cpl, avl, WBA (GK plays NOR) GW 3 - NEW, LIV, STO (GK plays SWA) Midfielders and attackers don't really need much explanation, but Ritchie is my one punt.[/img]

With no De Gea and the CB issue not addressed, I'm in dread of tomorrow's game as a United fan. I don't think I'll be going near the defence unless something changes before the window closes. Good team otherwise; I would have loved to fit both Kane and Benteke alongside Rooney, but personally I'm not willing to take the same punt on someone like Ritchie. That's just me though, he could be an inspired choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Left it late to get back to this and now doing a lot of second guessing.
    Read Agureo and Silva are fit, so not sure which to go with now.
    To get aguero i'd need to swap silva and rooney to aguero and Mata/Depay

Any suggestions on who to change around,

Mane is expensive but from Europa League he looks to still be playing very advanced.

Not set on Shaw either as I feel weak with 3 (4.0's) and only Targett likely to start first game or 2. Not to mention defoe/benteke up front.

I'm left with this mess now

0 In the bank

Courtois (Mccarthy)

Targett, Mertsacker, Shaw, (S Taylor, Oxford)

Hazard(C), Walcott, Silva, Mane, (Bentaleb)

Rooney, Defoe, Benteke

Bump
    any other ideas to raise funds for aguero and improve

Or downgrade mane, shaw , silva to cheaper options my best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

froog wrote: »
    avoid falcao like the plague. herrera will not get much game time.

Partly agree, got rid of Herrera and put in Cabaye who will see plenty of action. Going to take a chance with Falcao though as Mourhinio is building him up confidence wise and I think he will give him enough game time to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Safest 4.5m defender for Sunderland? Jones, Coates, O'Shea?

• Advertisement

With no De Gea and the CB issue not addressed, I'm in dread of tomorrow's game as a United fan. I don't think I'll be going near the defence unless something changes before the window closes. Good team otherwise; I would have loved to fit both Kane and Benteke alongside Rooney, but personally I'm not willing to take the same punt on someone like Ritchie. That's just me though, he could be an inspired choice!

I know what you mean mate, but if I went from £5.5m -> £5m or £4.5m DEF, I don't even know what I'd do with the extra cash and there's no other defenders in that price bracket that I really fancy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to turn Henderson into Sterling, but it's too difficult without making 2 downgrades in defence for me.

I like United's fixtures (though I did last year too and we all know what happened there) and Shaw's chances of getting some attacking returns in those games. It was a toss up between him and Darmian but van Gaal starting Valencia scares me, hence I went for Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

FF Scout team news has Coates nailed on...

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Safest 4.5m defender for Sunderland? Jones, Coates, O'Shea?

Coates.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Bump
    any other ideas to raise funds for aguero and improve

Or downgrade mane, shaw , silva to cheaper options my best bet?

Not sure Aguero is a great choice until GW3. Probably won't start tomorrow imo and then Chelsea next week. You'd have Hazard and Aguero then for that game next week.

If needed, I'd downgrade Shaw to a 4.5 defender, and Silva to Depay and change Rooney to Aguero. Depay would still give you United cover and I'd expect him to be involved. Wouldn't trust United defenders for the moment.

If wanted to keep Rooney, would have to downgrade Mane or maybe combination of Courtois and Mertesacker. Could go with a .5 reduction in each to free up the extra 1.5 to move up from Benteke.

Could go Payet then at 7.5,a 5m gk and maybe Alderweireld, Janmaat or Cedric. Or could drop to a 4.5m keeper if you wanted to keep Mane or Mertesacker

Team and reasoning.

Hard to see much wrong with that team and the reasoning is solid which is always good. On a personal note I don't know about Sakho for much more than the first few weeks, but he has 2 superb fixtures in GW's 2 and 3 so is certainly worth having at that price point for the first few weeks anyway.

If you're happy, I don't see any reason to change anything in that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

IcedJade wrote: »
    Going with this, would appreciate input.

SftwWF2.png

Just bumping this for advice.

I've just put some coffee on, its going to be a long night deciding between Rooney/Hazard and Aguero/Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

IcedJade wrote: »
    Just bumping this for advice.

I've just put some coffee on, its going to be a long night deciding between Rooney/Hazard and Aguero/Fabregas

Very nice side :) I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Bellerin this season with Debuchy competition especially when fixtures pile up. Anya may not play with Holebas signed. If you spend 5.0 on PVA and you play two 4.5 defenders ahead of him while he plays Leicester when WILL you play him? I like both Depay and Sterling but I would go with one or the other due to new signing settling in etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Walcott or Sterling

that is the big question! both 9.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I actually really, really like this set up :)

7wf5Hko.jpg?1

Norwich and Sunderland have very decent fixtures and are likely to do as well as anyone. Looking at other 4.5 DEFENDERS (I got it right FHFC :) ) and I don't see any I want from Villa/Palace/Stoke/Watford/Newcastle etc Gomez is a risk as is Yoshida. Plus it enables the rest.

And the rest is glorious :cool:

3 Captaincy options in Aguero/Hazard/Rooney and Ramsey. Plus the Henderbus and my Norwich midfielder. Pelle I see as the best of the rest for the first while. I don't plan on using the WC at any particular time but with these changes it does have to happen sooner rather than later :)

I actually really, really like this set up :)

7wf5Hko.jpg?1

Norwich and Sunderland have very decent fixtures and are likely to do as well as anyone. Looking at other 4.5 DEFENDERS (I got it right FHFC :) ) and I don't see any I want from Villa/Palace/Stoke/Watford/Newcastle etc Gomez is a risk as is Yoshida. Plus it enables the rest.

And the rest is glorious :cool:

3 Captaincy options in Aguero/Hazard/Rooney and Ramsey. Plus the Henderbus and my Norwich midfielder. Pelle I see as the best of the rest for the first while. I don't plan on using the WC at any particular time but with these changes it does have to happen sooner rather than later :)

Double Sunderland defence is pointless IMO. Triple Norwich overkill maybe?

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Walcott or Sterling

Close. Walcott. I would like Sterling though

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Walcott or Sterling

Has to be Sterling, less question marks over gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Any opinions on this?. Feel like I've too much tied up in defence but don't know who to cut.

Cech

Azpi
    Fonte
    Clyne
    Ritchie---Depay---Hazard---Sterling
    ---Sakho---Rooney(C)----Benteke

Subs: Rudd, S Taylor, Wanyama, Huth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Opinions please.

Hennessy (Myhill)
    Ivanovic Kolarov Huth (Muniesa Saylor)
    Hazard Sterling Walcott Cabaye (Fletcher)
    Rooney Benteke Sakho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Close. Walcott. I would like Sterling though
    Has to be Sterling, less question marks over gametime.

it would hurt so bad to put that sterling lad in and have him do well as im a stubborn liverpool fan :cool: ive a feeling he will finally live up to his potential though!

walcott..i remember someome here saying he will be played almost as a striker so the chance for some goals could be there.

i think sterling for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?. Feel like I've too much tied up in defence but don't know who to cut.

Yes, cropping is your friend!!

Very balanced team. I'd rethink Fonte and Clyne though. Tough fixtures for Liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Opinions please.

Hennessy (Myhill)
    Rooney Benteke Sakho

Ivan to Azpi, upgrade keeper?

kwestfan08 wrote: »

Picture is a bit too small mate.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Opinions please.

Hennessy (Myhill)
    Rooney Benteke Sakho

Very nice :) Saylor maybe not so nailed now with Coloccini contract extension. Kolarov nailed on for now so could be good :) Similar midfield to mine except I have Mahrez instead of Cabaye and Sterling --> Mané. Not a huge fan of Cabaye due to deep lying role for 6.5. Would prefer someone further forward at the price. Also personally prefer Kane to Benteke, nailed on 90 mins etc, but Benteke still a great pick :) Thanks for doing the pay league so needed to give something back ;)

• Advertisement

it would hurt so bad to put that sterling lad in and have him do well as im a stubborn liverpool fan :cool: ive a feeling he will finally live up to his potential though!

walcott..i remember someome here saying he will be played almost as a striker so the chance for some goals could be there.

i think sterling for now..

Walcott is fantasy gold. Disregard him at your peril:pac:

Advertisement