Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

You need to spend more on your bench, the two defenders aren't starters and Anya could be rotated. Zaha might also not start every week. Two ManU attackers could be overkill

I kill myself with that every time, being greedy and choosing cheapies that don't always play. I may learn my lesson this year :P!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First real chance to have a look at things earlier today. I may end up with a completely different team but I think this looks half decent. Staying away from the Copa lads and will probably WC early as usual.

Sticking with 2 Chelsea at the back, they're by far the most settled defensive unit.
    Henderson looks great value this year, Theo could be an OOP genius.
    I'll be making room for Aguero after a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

PARlance wrote: »
    Theo could be an OOP genius.
    OOP?

OOP?

Out of position. For Theo, a midfielder possibly playing as a forward

Dónal wrote: »
    Out of position. For Theo, a midfielder possibly playing as a forward

Indeed a bit like Walters is listed as a Mid for Stoke but actually plays as a striker or right sided forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Seriously considering this team. Swapped out haz and silva for yaya and fab. Bit of a risky move but this saves crucial aguero money, and I think they will score similarly for the first few weeks. All 4.5 defence which can be rotated along with panti in goal, who I think will benefit from the new bps system and has great opening fixtures. Siggy always starts well and Walcott is explosive. I think Rooney will benefit from playing as the only striker with a good midfield behind him. Costa is filling the berth until aguero is fit, and he destroyed Swansea last year, and as for Wilson, I always fancy the striker of a newly promoted team in their first home game, a la Vardy/ Campbell. As always, any advice would be great.

Indeed a bit like Walters is listed as a Mid for Stoke but actually plays as a striker or right sided forward?

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Rate my team please.

13901142.t.jpg

Kasper / Hamer

Darmian / Merte / Mings / O'Shea / Saylor

Hazard / Özil / Ritchie / Hendo / Fletcher

Rooney / Aguero / Sakho

Rate my team please.

13901142.t.jpg

Kasper / Hamer

Rooney / Aguero / Sakho

Not a bad effort at all, but there are possibly better 4.5 mids than fletcher, and with aguero not likely to start, you will probably need to use your 5th mid. Also, I personally think there are better arsenal mids than ozil, but that's a matter of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Not a bad effort at all, but there are possibly better 4.5 mids than fletcher, and with aguero not likely to start, you will probably need to use your 5th mid. Also, I personally think there are better arsenal mids than ozil, but that's a matter of opinion.

Cheers for your reply.

Expecting Aguero to play in gw1 because he needs match sharpness before Chelsea at gw2.

Haven't decided between Özil and Ramsey. Tempted to get Walcott but not sure about his gametime.

• Advertisement

Cheers for your reply.

Expecting Aguero to play in gw1 because he needs match sharpness before Chelsea at gw2.

Haven't decided between Özil and Ramsey. Tempted to get Walcott but not sure about his gametime.

Pellegrini is being frustratingly quiet on the aguero situation, and I fear that whichever decision I make will be the wrong one. He is always so likely to score when he is on the pitch, so even an appearance off the bench in gw1 may yield points.

I'm in the same boat re arsenal mids. I feel ozil is the most likely to start, but I don't think he shoots enough to have him. Of the 3, Walcott definitely has the potential to be the most explosive in ff terms, but his gametime is always an issue. I have him because I think he will start in gw1 and gw2, and hopefully he'll do well and keep his place. I just know I will pick the wrong one as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

JsJ, you seem like you're new to this, or at least to taking it seriously. :) Welcome to the forum! My first advice is RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I was you less than two years ago and found this place. almost 5,000 posts later and my soul is lost long ago.

Secondly, I've started a thread which may be useful to anybody new to the forum here as I've seen a few other new posters around.

Check it out here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96242117#post96242117

Oh, and join the Finn Harps pay league! :D

FHFC wrote: »
    JsJ, you seem like you're new to this, or at least to taking it seriously. :) Welcome to the forum! My first advice is RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I was you less than two years ago and found this place. almost 5,000 posts later and my soul is lost long ago.

Secondly, I've started a thread which may be useful to anybody new to the forum here as I've seen a few other new posters around.

Check it out here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96242117#post96242117

Oh, and join the Finn Harps pay league! :D

Thanks FHFC, I'm not really "new" to FF but I've decided for some reason to take it a bit more seriously this year. Appreciate the warning but I'm a sucker for getting sucked into stuff. I'm an all or nothing type person!!

BTW, I may well have a pop at the Finn Harps league. I've a soft spot for one of Finn Harps old players Johnny Minnock Snr. He broke my heart in 1975 when he missed a famous peno for my hometown club. Any idea who/what I'm talking about?

BTW, I just signed up for the FH FFL. I'm coming to get ye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thanks FHFC, I'm not really "new" to FF but I've decided for some reason to take it a bit more seriously this year. Appreciate the warning but I'm a sucker for getting sucked into stuff. I'm an all or nothing type person!!

BTW, I may well have a pop at the Finn Harps league. I've a soft spot for one of Finn Harps old players Johnny Minnock Snr. He broke my heart in 1975 when he missed a famous peno for my hometown club. Any idea who/what I'm talking about?

Athlone town against Milan was it ?
    Fhfc is right though get out while you can taking this game seriously takes over your life.☺

Athlone town against Milan was it ?

Spot on.

What a day that was!!

Spot on.

What a day that was!!

Class. Were you at that game!? Great to see another LOI head round the place. I miss St Mels, the oul stadium of tin. Was my first Harps away trip in mid 90s and I had my heart broke by a missed penalty too, Sean Barrett in this case!!

I never played FPL as I knew I'd be all or nothing too, then Harps went and started a pay league 2 years ago so I dived in, found this place around GW4 or 5 and that was the end of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Rate my team please.

Kasper / Hamer

Rooney / Aguero / Sakho

Sakho choice is questionable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sakho choice is questionable

Not so sure about that - Payet behind him will make him a "wait and see" at least.
    Would not discount him... yet.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not so sure about that - Payet behind him will make him a "wait and see" at least.
    Would not discount him... yet.

And their opening home fixtures are incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

hey have a look at my first draft please..

Hennessy/Myhill

Clyne/Alderwild/Janmatt/Cedric/Francis

Anya/Firmino/Sterling/Depay/Fabregas

Benteke/Kane/Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Here's my first draft. I expect a lot of changes before the season starts as usual.

Courtois - Expect a lot of clean sheets with a solid back 4 playing in front of him.
    Schmeichel - Looking for a sub keeper who will play every week. Was half thinking of Krul but don't want to double up on Newcastle defensively.

Mertesacker - Arsenal cover for defense. With Cech in there I hope for a few more clean sheets than usual
    Steven Taylor - As mentioned before McLaren is a fan of his. The only half decent 4.0m defender I can see starting as long as he stays fit.
    Ward - Cheap for what you get. Pardew had them playing well the end of last season and he pops up with the odd goal.
    Lescott - I think Pulis will have West Brom well drilled in defense this year. Also hoping he can get some of his set piece goal prowess back as Tony Pulis will be looking to get goals from set pieces as always.
    Williams - Solid defender and Swansea played some good football last season. Hoping they kick on and do well this year.

Mata - Was torn between Depay/DiMaria/Mata but have gone for Mata on last years end of season form
    Hazard - A must have
    Walcott - I'm hoping Wenger will give him a chance up front. This may change if they sign a top striker but if not I think he could be a goal machine if played through the middle.
    Ki Sung-Yeung - Done well for Swansea last year and got a few goals from midfield
    Wanyama - I think he will play every week now Schneiderlin is gone and can pop up with the odd goal. Cheap squad filler

Aguero - Have him in at the moment but could change before GW1 if it looks like he won't play
    Berahino - Will be West Brom's main goal threat this year and if he does as well as last year he is great value
    Falcao - Very risky and may not last but I think if he plays in that Chelsea team he will score a shed load of goals. Never got any service last year at United and I think he could still prove to be a world class player for Chelsea with the players he has behind him.

Appreciate any feedback :)

chris445 wrote: »
    Here's my first draft. I expect a lot of changes before the season starts as usual.

Courtois - Expect a lot of clean sheets with a solid back 4 playing in front of him.
    Schmeichel - Looking for a sub keeper who will play every week. Was half thinking of Krul but don't want to double up on Newcastle defensively.

Mertesacker - Arsenal cover for defense. With Cech in there I hope for a few more clean sheets than usual
    Steven Taylor - As mentioned before McLaren is a fan of his. The only half decent 4.0m defender I can see starting as long as he stays fit.
    Ward - Cheap for what you get. Pardew had them playing well the end of last season and he pops up with the odd goal.
    Lescott - I think Pulis will have West Brom well drilled in defense this year. Also hoping he can get some of his set piece goal prowess back as Tony Pulis will be looking to get goals from set pieces as always.
    Williams - Solid defender and Swansea played some good football last season. Hoping they kick on and do well this year.

Mata - Was torn between Depay/DiMaria/Mata but have gone for Mata on last years end of season form
    Hazard - A must have
    Walcott - I'm hoping Wenger will give him a chance up front. This may change if they sign a top striker but if not I think he could be a goal machine if played through the middle.
    Ki Sung-Yeung - Done well for Swansea last year and got a few goals from midfield
    Wanyama - I think he will play every week now Schneiderlin is gone and can pop up with the odd goal. Cheap squad filler

Aguero - Have him in at the moment but could change before GW1 if it looks like he won't play
    Berahino - Will be West Brom's main goal threat this year and if he does as well as last year he is great value
    Falcao - Very risky and may not last but I think if he plays in that Chelsea team he will score a shed load of goals. Never got any service last year at United and I think he could still prove to be a world class player for Chelsea with the players he has behind him.

Appreciate any feedback :)
    There is too much money spent on your goalkeepers. You need to downgrade one of them. If you plan on rotating, downgrade courtois, and if you plan on sticking with one keeper, downgrade schmeichel. Courteous is too expensive to have on the bench.

Defence looks pretty good, although a 4.5m Sunderland defender may be a good idea with their fixtures, maybe in place of Williams, who has horrible fixtures.

Midfield and forwards may lead to problems. Mata is a bit risky and not guaranteed to start, along with Walcott. Ki has awful fixtures, and wanyama simply doesn't get points. Hazard is a must have, particularly with his high ownership.

Your front 3 needs to dramatically change. As it stands, 0 of them may play in gw1, as aguero will most likely be rested, berahino is injured and Falcao looks set to warm Chelsea's bench. He is simply to expensive to risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

opinion of this, not sure whether to downgrade silva to sterling so I can upgrade ramsey to walcott

42vpFR1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Obviously, this wouldn't be practical, but someone on FFS picked a squad using only Belgians!

Courtois Mignolet

Aldeweireld De Laet Pocognoli Kompany Vertongen

Mirallas Januzaj Hazard Chadli Fellani

Lukaku Benteke Origi

Mind you, swap Vertongen and Januzaj for Denayer and Dembelé ... :)

Thoughts?

I can swap Walcott for DePay (or Cazorla/YaYa) and Ighalo for DeFoe or Bojan.

pSBWj1R.jpg

• Advertisement

A squad consisting solely of English players does seem a viable option, though:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

2nd Draft
    Any Thoughts?

Cech
    Jagelka
    Oshea
    Williams
    Shaw
    Ki Sueng Young
    Silva
    Henderson
    Rooney
    Augero
    Costa

Subs
    Taylor
    Mulumbu
    Cattermole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

f4o3D10_uWPbv-xjDrFqUUBosBOgtaDK9YirqB12r6U=w497-h618-no

the happiest i've been yet with a draft. sacrificed Hazard but got Costa to give me 2nd realistic striker captaincy option alongside Kane. 2.0M left in the kitty to do Costa->Aguero

opinion of this, not sure whether to downgrade silva to sterling so I can upgrade ramsey to walcott

42vpFR1.jpg

Anyone

Anyone

Hennessey and Myhill seems overkill, maybe Butland or Schmeichel for one of them. Ramsey seems a more reliable point-scorer than Walcott, so would leave as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any opinions lads?

Goalkeepers
    Courtious 5.5
    Nothing more needs to be said the cheapest way into the best defensive side in the league.

Hennessy 4.0 won't ever play

Defenders
    Shaw 5.5
    I think United will be very solid with Schniederlen shielding the defence

Coates 4.5
    Rotation option and Sunderland kept a few cleansheets under Advocatt

Ward 4.5
    Rotation option should be a regular starter

Prodl 4.5
    Scored 3 in 19 last season a rotation option

Oxford 4.0
    Played in midfield for West Ham recently and highly rated.

Midfield

Depay 8.5
    He is a risk encase he doesn't go straight into the side but he could also score very high

Hazard 11.5
    No explanation needed

Henderson 7.0
    Scored high last year and should have all frees and penalties this year

Ritchie 6.0
    His record last year was impressive and Bournemouth have a decent start

Cabaye 6.5
    He should be on all set pieces and has a good shot on him and playing in an attacking side

Strikers

Rooney 10.5
    Should be up front for United

Costa 11.0
    First choice for Chelsea

Sakho 6.5
    West Ham have a nice start and Bilic plays attacking football

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

This is where i'm at, and probably very close to where i will still be come gameweek 1!

Milner, De gea, Cazorla and M Turner all being up for the chop. The rest i'd imagine are locked in for me.

jq3tmab.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

This is pretty much what I'll be going with:
    Panti Hennessey
    Darmian Sahko Jenkinson Bassong Francis
    Hazard Walcott Mata Milner Ritchie
    Aguero Sahko Ighalo

Darmian to start every week with Sahko/Bassong and Jenkinson/Francis rotating.
    If Aguero is likely to start gw1 I'll start with him, otherwise it will be Costa(with 2m itb) until Aguero is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

First draft of the new season:

rb5Lbah.png

I'm happy with my front 7 but not at the cost of my defence. I don't think I'll feel comfortable going into the season with that defensive combination. Possible changes ahead:
    • Kane to Giroud, to free up 0.5 and upgrade Targett to a 4.5
    • Alternatively, wait until Hennessy's move to WBA goes through and get him in for Myhill (or do both changes, and upgrade a 4.5 to a 5.0)
    • Benteke to Sakho, which would allow me to bring in a big name defender. I'm less inclined towards this possibility, because I just don't feel the Sakho love.

Any critiques welcome. I'm desperate at looking at rotation, find I don't have the patience to study the permutations, so there might be some flaw in that regard that I'm not seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

This is where i'm at, and probably very close to where i will still be come gameweek 1!

Milner, De gea, Cazorla and M Turner all being up for the chop. The rest i'd imagine are locked in for me.

Get rid of Schweinsteiger. Not a good FPL prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lagre

1st draft for me. Any opinions?

Butland Rudd

Clyne Azpiliceuta Shaw O'Shea Yoshida

Depay Walcott Hazard Cabaye Wanyama

Kane Costa Rantie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I like the way there's so many different teams this season

Butland - Speroni

Huth - Alderweireld - O'Shea - Targett - Hutton

Hazard - Depay - Cazorla - Ibe - Poyet

Rooney - Costa - Giroud

Will likely downgrade one of the strikers to Deeney, upgrade Ibe or Poyet to Richie and use the remainder to upgrade defence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

8-10 wrote: »
    I like the way there's so many different teams this season

Butland - Speroni

Huth - Alderweireld - O'Shea - Targett - Hutton

Hazard - Depay - Cazorla - Ibe - Poyet

Rooney - Costa - Giroud

Will likely downgrade one of the strikers to Deeney, upgrade Ibe or Poyet to Richie and use the remainder to upgrade defence

I doubt Poyet will feature much for the Hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lagre wrote: »
    1st draft for me. Any opinions?

Butland Rudd

Clyne Azpiliceuta Shaw O'Shea Yoshida

Depay Walcott Hazard Cabaye Wanyama

Kane Costa Rantie

Welcome to the FSA!

Keepers: relying on Stoke alone is a bit risky

Defenders: Clyne has a difficult start, and that's more money in defence than most would be comfortable with. It shows further forward. Sunderland have a reasonable start so you could downgrade Clyne and go with O'Shea

Midfield: you have the same four biggies as me, so have great taste ;) You probably know Walcott and Depay are not 100% guaranteed to start

Forwards: you'll be playing either Rantie or Wanyama every week. This is where you need to upgrade using the money saved in defence e.g. Deeney at 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Any advice lads?

Ruddy Schmeichel

Bellerin Coleman Darmian PVA Prodl

Hazard Sterling Ozil B.Johnson Surman

Giroud Benteke Sakho

Still have 1.5mil ITB

No Chelsea defensive cover a worry? Think the low budget keepers is the way forward this year (with the extra BPS for saves). With everything though, it's gonna be a case of wait & see. Contemplating replace Bentekkers as he won't be on the LFC tour so might not start the season as main striker?

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I wouldn't go near Coleman at 6.0 with Everton's opening fixtures.

Draft 2 of many:

Have Alderweireld given Spurs nice opening fixtures. Can eventually swap him with Sakho later on.

I think Chelsea defensive cover is needed and you can't go wrong with Azpi at 6m.

Mata and Ramsey are great FPL players. If needs be can swap them for other 8.5m players such as Yaya, Depay, Di Maria, Ozil, Carzola etc.

Bolasie the best 6.5m mid I can see. Might bring in Chadli if he starts, for GW2 onwards.

Given Norwichs nice opening fixtures I have Jermoe there. Villa also have nice fixtures so can always bring in Agbonlahor at some stage.

I have 1m in the bank, so if needs be can free up another 1m to bring in Aguero.

A lot of potential transfers/changes to this squad in my head already but as it stands I'm still happy enough with it.

Opinions very much welcome!

281zl92.png

Opinions of this

Guzan
    Myhill

Huth
    Bassong
    Coates
    Francis
    Prodi

Hazard
    Depay
    Silva
    Walcott
    Carzola

Rooney
    Wilson
    Ighalo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Would switch Guzan to maybe Krul or foster.

Guzan is out of favour and villa won't keep many clean sheets under Tim Sherwood

Thoughts? This is refinement #6!!

The only part I'm not that content with is the GK selections. I see Myhill playing until Foster gets back from injury but after that? I guess a lot depends on whether Butland gets the #1 nod from Hughes at Stoke. If he does I might switch to him. I'd prefer to have 0.5m ITB to put another 4.5m GK in but I don't really want to mess with either my MF's or FW's. Can anyone suggest a 0.5m saving in the defence?

azSH11h.jpg

The only part I'm not that content with is the GK selections. I see Myhill playing until Foster gets back from injury but after that? I guess a lot depends on whether Butland gets the #1 nod from Hughes at Stoke. If he does I might switch to him. I'd prefer to have 0.5m ITB to put another 4.5m GK in but I don't really want to mess with either my MF's or FW's. Can anyone suggest a 0.5m saving in the defence?

azSH11h.jpg

Hughes confirmed the other day that butland will start the season as #1

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfc002db3ffae5041498777fbd865677.png

Opinions welcome.

Starting conservatively, not too many new signings and getting a decent spread of teams.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You could save 0.5m by switching Clyne to Sakho/Moreno, or, Lescott to 4.5m (e.g. O'Shea). You'll still have WBA cover with your keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Draft 2 of many:

Have Alderweireld given Spurs nice opening fixtures. Can eventually swap him with Sakho later on.

I think Chelsea defensive cover is needed and you can't go wrong with Azpi at 6m.

Mata and Ramsey are great FPL players. If needs be can swap them for other 8.5m players such as Yaya, Depay, Di Maria, Ozil, Carzola etc.

Bolasie the best 6.5m mid I can see. Might bring in Chadli if he starts, for GW2 onwards.

Given Norwichs nice opening fixtures I have Jermoe there. Villa also have nice fixtures so can always bring in Agbonlahor at some stage.

I have 1m in the bank, so if needs be can free up another 1m to bring in Aguero.

A lot of potential transfers/changes to this squad in my head already but as it stands I'm still happy enough with it.

Opinions very much welcome!

281zl92.png

Looks pretty solid to me. Taylor mightn't get a game but you might not care much. I wouldn't like to rely on Jerome much -- he's never done much in the top tier. But otherwise, looks good.

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You could save 0.5m by switching Clyne to Sakho/Moreno, or, Lescott to 4.5m (e.g. O'Shea). You'll still have WBA cover with your keepers.

Clyne to Moreno and Hennessey to Butland is a better use of the same money I think.

Thanks.

Advertisement