Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

who to sacrifice for better defenders :D

That's why most stick with a 343☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

After a lot of changing

Speroni (Butland)
    Ward, Hangeland, o shea, Morgan, S Taylor
    Walcott, Fab, Depay, Mane ( Wanyama)
    Rooney, Costa, Benteke

Will play 343

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Steven81 wrote: »
    After a lot of changing

Speroni (Butland)
    Ward, Hangeland, o shea, Morgan, S Taylor
    Walcott, Fab, Depay, Mane ( Wanyama)
    Rooney, Costa, Benteke

Will play 343
    that's the same front 8 as my current one :D
    I'm not comfortable having neither of hazard or aguero though........also not sure I'll have both depay and Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Two transfers and you can get in either no issues, really like Manes first 5 games, Walcott if playing could be the real deal, Fab is the assist machine, Depay and Rooney both attacking players with good fixtures, Costa is costa and Benteke now with the pool will be main striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is 433 a waste of time?

Myhill (Hennessey)
    O'Shea Huth Martin Ward (Saylor)
    Hazard Walcott Silva (Stanislas, Wanyama)
    Rooney Costa Benteke

I'm planning 433 at the moment. If Silva becomes Mane of Henderson you can make that defence look very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

just realised I don't have benteke yet ! it's actually deeney but I won't be keeping him
    getting benteke will mean weakening defence significantly or else downgrade depay to 6ml
    must have a look later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it a huge huge risk to start without Benteke now given he will have mad ownership??

I'd a team I was getting quite happy with and was gonna wait and see on Tekkers but may have to rethink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Opinions folks?

No Hazard is a worry butni can adjust with WC when getting Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Is it a huge huge risk to start without Benteke now given he will have mad ownership??

I'd a team I was getting quite happy with and was gonna wait and see on Tekkers but may have to rethink.

He'll have mad ownership because of casual Liverpool fans. I don't think he's necessary unless he kills it GW1 and is heavily captained against Bournemouth

• Advertisement

He'll have mad ownership because of casual Liverpool fans. I don't think he's necessary unless he kills it GW1 and is heavily captained against Bournemouth

Yeah, but if he does kill it GW1 you'll suffer not badly having him and have to scramble to get him in.

Yeah, but if he does kill it GW1 you'll suffer not badly having him and have to scramble to get him in.

Would be an easy Kane downgrade if I felt it was needed. I'm on Hendo at the moment and no chance I'm doubling on Liverpool attack from the start. I suppose Benteke+Chadli saves a million on Kane+Hendo but I only see Benteke as a punty captain option currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FIdnk3e.png

Back to 3-4-3 and liking the look of this.

Had Mertesacker but decided to spend the extra million upgrading two 4.5s to Janmaat and Sakho. Sakho would probably be benched for Pool's tough away games. Or would I be better off going back to the two 4.5s and using the extra million to do Bolasie to Siggy or just keeping that million in reserve to allow some flexibility?

Thoughts appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FIdnk3e.png

Back to 3-4-3 and liking the look of this.

Had Mertesacker but decided to spend the extra million upgrading two 4.5s to Janmaat and Sakho. Sakho would probably be benched for Pool's tough away games. Or would I be better off going back to the two 4.5s and using the extra million to do Bolasie to Siggy or just keeping that million in reserve to allow some flexibility?

Thoughts appreciated :)

Strong team.
    I prefer Milner to Henderson but there's very little in it.
    No Hazard would worry me but at least Costa gives you solid Chelsea coverage.
    If you do go with Sahko I would suggest replacing one of your 4.5m defenders with a Norwich defender as Liverpool/Norwich rotate very well.

spock. wrote: »
    Strong team.
    I prefer Milner to Henderson but there's very little in it.
    No Hazard would worry me but at least Costa gives you solid Chelsea coverage.
    If you do go with Sahko I would suggest replacing one of your 4.5m defenders with a Norwich defender as Liverpool/Norwich rotate very well.

Liverpool and Bournemouth rotate nicely. I'm looking at Sahko/Francis myself.

I'm a bit fearful of Sahko starting I'm thinking it could be lovren skrtell. Supposedly Sahko played in a game today with a lot of fringe players. Liverpool play a malaysian team tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, I said to a friend earlier that I think it's as good as I can get with the exception of Sigurdsson -> Walcott. I suppose I could take a chance on a £7m or less striker. My best options then would probably be Sakho, Mitrovic or Deeney.

It's then a matter of determining if Walcott + Sakho/Mitrovic/Deeney is better than Sigurdsson + Benteke for the first 3 weeks or so. If I went for Sakho or Mitrovic, it allows me an extra £0.5m to upgrade Steven Taylor to a nailed on DEF or if I went for Deeney I'd have £1.5m spare to pump into my side. Though Deeney = 4 promoted players in my squad which I wouldn't be too pleased about.

Liverpool do have tough enough fixtures for the first 3 weeks, certainly tougher than West Ham and Watford but Benteke can score against anyone.

It's a difficult one. What do you think?

I'd nearly go for Walcott over Silva to be honest.

I'm a bit fearful of Sahko starting I'm thinking it could be lovren skrtell. Supposedly Sahko played in a game today with a lot of fringe players. Liverpool play a malaysian team tomorrow.

Moreno is the same price as Sahko I think so that would work, assuming Joe Gomez doesnt manage to take Morenos spot which seems unlikely.

At 5m with the home fixtures they have their defence is certainly tempting as part of a rotation.

Moreno is the same price as Sahko I think so that would work, assuming Joe Gomez doesnt manage to take Morenos spot which seems unlikely.

At 5m with the home fixtures they have their defence is certainly tempting as part of a rotation.

Ye I'd hope to have one of sakho moreno

Ye I'd hope to have one of sakho moreno

Surprisingly expensive for your tastes! :)

I'm looking at one 5.5 (currently Shaw) and Sakho/Francis, Matthews/Saylor (or Colo)

The early noises from McCLaren and S Taylor suggest he has a decent chance of playing. They signed a 20 year old def today so hardly a starter.

Surprisingly expensive for your tastes! :)

I'm looking at one 5.5 (currently Shaw) and Sakho/Francis, Matthews/Saylor (or Colo)

The early noises from McCLaren and S Taylor suggest he has a decent chance of playing. They signed a 20 year old def today so hardly a starter.

It's down to the fact that I won't be starting with aguero sanchez and more than likely hazard so there is a lot of money floating about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's

Fabianski

Lescott
    Janmaat
    Williams

Walcott
    Fabregas
    Sterling
    Bolasie

Rooney
    Kane
    Benteke

Subs: Schmeichel, Bentaleb, Richards, Mings

FHFC wrote:

I prefer Liv/Nor tbh.
    In GW3 for example, Bournemouth are away to West Ham and Liverpool are away to Arsenal.

Plus I'd rather have a Norwich defender over a Bournemouth defender anyway.

It's down to the fact that I won't be starting with aguero sanchez and more than likely hazard so there is a lot of money floating about.

Thank God I aint the only one. Be a rocky few GW till WC in GW4.

spock. wrote: »
    I prefer Liv/Nor tbh.
    In GW3 for example, Bournemouth are away to West Ham and Liverpool are away to Arsenal.

Plus I'd rather have a Norwich defender over a Bournemouth defender anyway.

Yeah had a look there and Liv/Nor works very well. From what do you get your faith in the Norwich defence? Never trust them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so here's my first draft.. undoubtedly many changes before season kickoff

cech
    alderweireld azpil ward
    sterling adam fabregas depay cazorla
    costa kane

the rest are 4.0 duds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thought's

Fabianski

Lescott
    Janmaat
    Williams

Walcott
    Fabregas
    Sterling
    Bolasie

Rooney
    Kane
    Benteke

Subs: Schmeichel, Bentaleb, Richards, Mings
    A little defensively unsound since Swansea & West Brom have tough opening fixtures. Why not upgrade one of them to a 5.5? United have decent opening fixtures IMO, could go with that route. Other than that looks solid.

Mine:

fft.png

Going defensively heavy at the start like I usually do until I see which teams are gonna do well.

Pantilimon in goals. Unbelievably easy opening fixtures, with a defensive manager and if he's anything like last season should finish in the top 3 points-wise keepers in the end.

Rooney captain choice for me as any team that doesn't sit deep against United usually ends in plenty of goals, and since Rooney is the main man up front, no way I'm taking it off him.

Gonna rotate Ighalo/Sakho with the defence for the next couple of gameweeks after.

Aguero is a cert to go in when he's fully fit (probably after the Everton game), and I'll downgrade some of the defence when that happens replacing Sakho.

What you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Draft 2- already!

courtois ( hamer)
    cedric (saints) bellerin ward alderweireld s.taylor
    fabregas sterling bolasie adam cazorla
    rooney rodriguez kane

may look to swap rooney/sterling to aguero/a another and downgrade cazorla to siggurdsson to allow upgrades elsewhere i.e costa up front is aguero is a non runner early on

is rodriguez worth a punt at 7m? or should i downgrade him to bolster elsewhere?

dahat wrote: »
    Thank God I aint the only one. Be a rocky few GW till WC in GW4.

I'd be fairly certain I'll be getting the big 3 in on an early wildcard gw 4 or 5. City playing Chelsea in gw 2 makes it a bit easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mine:

What you guys think?

Hamer as a non-playing back up, as soon as people re-jig their team he will lose value, just be aware of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thoughts?

nlB74FrIudgu3I_chhPq7PE3Or19xq4x7f9LkGVOhf8=w460-h557-no

2.0m itb to do Costa->Aguero. Had toyed with Walcott but fear he'll find himself on the bench GW2 or 3, Ozil was very impressive in the last friendly game. Decent spread in defense would like to have a Man U defender but hard to know starting off which of their 5.5 defenders will start

• Advertisement

I'd be fairly certain I'll be getting the big 3 in on an early wildcard gw 4 or 5. City playing Chelsea in gw 2 makes it a bit easier.

Exact same as me, Fabregas early season form does make it easier as well.

FHFC wrote:
    Yeah had a look there and Liv/Nor works very well. From what do you get your faith in the Norwich defence? Never trust them myself.

Norwich's defensive record since Neil took over is impressive.
    Of what I saw of Bournemouth last season, they conceded a lot of wasted chances which premier league opposition would have punished.

I don't think either side will keep a record breaking number of clean sheets but I'd expect Norwich to keep more.
    I'll be going with Ruddy as a rotating keeper and no Bournemouth defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

1st draft just completed. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Courtois Pantimilion
    Coleman Ivanovic O'Shea Mertesacker Baker
    Depay Fabregas Carzola Henderson Wanyama
    Rooney Kane Anchiebe

holuc wrote: »
    1st draft just completed. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Courtois Pantimilion
    Coleman Ivanovic O'Shea Mertesacker Baker
    Depay Fabregas Carzola Henderson Wanyama
    Rooney Kane Anchiebe

Downgrade Panti - no need to spend 10.5 million on keepers.
    Ditch Coleman - poor fixtures, you're only going to play him twice in 11 games or so.
    Maybe upgrade Depay to Silva for City coverage.

EDIT: Will Baker get a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Changed Pant to Schmeichel, Coleman to Evans, Depay to Silva. Baker was just stuck in there for cheap option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This is currently where I'm at.

WVhcwLK.jpg?1

I'm more than happy to play Pulisball in goal. Hopefully Hennessy makes the move soon. There could be an argument to go with keepers with the best fixtures early on as I'll be playing the WC at some point. Pulisball is as likely to strike against City and Chelsea as anyone else though.

Cheaping out on my defence is something I'm very happy to do. Uncertainty and European fixtures in the first half of the season make the more expensive options less attractive along with my own anecdotal thoughts about the big teams not being as tight at the start. I like the look of Soares but Saints' European expedition may see me reevaluate. Not settled on the personnel of the other 4 but I'll certainly have a Norwich and Sunderland defender. Huth is most in danger.

Midfield is where I'm mostly in a pickle. I stated early on that I may forego Hazard for the first few weeks. This is coupled with my thinking that Costa will outscore him at the start, as he'll be nice and fresh while Hazard has been kind of slow to start seasons. One of Theo or Ramsey will be in my team depending on how Arsenal look like lining up. I think Depay has to be in my team at the moment, although this ties in with Rooney too. I'll have 1 United player to start with but no more as the Champions League qualifiers will be on at the start and despite being a United fan I couldn't possibly second guess LVG. Also I'm likely to change my mind about Johnson or Redmond being 0.5 too expensive. As I've bizarrely somehow become fond of Norwich through this game I think my 4th mid spot will be a Canary. The fixtures and their potential make that decision the right one. Anya is still just placeholding and I haven't thought about the 4.5 mid options for a while.

I'm set on Costa to begin with until something suggests otherwise (I'm open to being swayed here too). Then it's probably Rooney/Aguero depending on what I do with regards to Hazard/8.5 mid choice. Obviously if Sergio is fit to begin with he's in. It's Benteke or Lukaku for the 3rd spot right now. I'd love J-Rod but reading between the lines Koeman will probably ease him back in when it comes to competitive games. Plus Europa League. I'd rather a 3rd capable forward than boosting a defender at this moment in time. Easier to sacrifice for a cheap inform forward too if I need cash for midfield or somewhere.

I'm concerned it's a bit template looking in patches though, or well the FSA template anyway :pac: I've completely disregarded Kane from my thoughts (not deliberately it's just happened) but the 2nd most chosen forward thus far, coupled with potentially being Hazardless too I guess it could be more my style than I think.

Mr P who's this Cedric chap are you not missing the glue(PVA) that sticks the defense together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Mr P who's this Cedric chap are you not missing the glue(PVA) that sticks the defense together :(

He's a Portuguese rb brought in to replace Clyne. Meant to be quite good going forwards and just have a Mr.P type feeling about him. If Matty Targett doesn't look like starting obviously :)

He's fierce expensive for a Sunderland defender but we'll see. I'll definitely be having one of them and Matthews is quite attacking himself down the right, if he plays.

PVA is the closest thing we've seen to the new Mickey T though it must be said.

He's a Portuguese rb brought in to replace Clyne. Meant to be quite good going forwards and just have a Mr.P type feeling about him. If Matty Targett doesn't look like starting obviously :)

He's fierce expensive for a Sunderland defender but we'll see. I'll definitely be having one of them and Matthews is quite attacking himself down the right, if he plays.

PVA is the closest thing we've seen to the new Mickey T though it must be said.

If S'hampton start off like last season you could be on to a winner. S'lands fixtures starting off are pretty tasty too. Josh for me as i don't have the extra 0.5 for PVA :( Our teams are very different looking! But do you know i like that it makes it all the more interesting and i think this season we'll see that alot more there are tonnes of genuinely good options especially in midfield and defense

• Advertisement

GK:
    Schmeichel: Leicester have relatively decent fixtures until GW13 when it gets tough for them.
    Darlow: least selected 4million keeper.

DEF:
    Ivanovich - self explanatory.
    PvA - Forum favourite, I like him too.
    Morgan - as Schmeichel, not bad fixtures(have yet to decide if I want to double up though).
    Yoshida: - Until Saints sign a new defender, injuries probably means game time for him.
    Cameron - few tricky fixtures at start, then eases for a while.

MID:
    Hazard - self explanatory.
    Henderson - expect him to step out of Gerrards shadow.
    Walcott - if he plays - woohoo...but...
    Chadli - Decent fixtures.
    Barry - reliable, despite tricky fixtures for Everton(cheap as chips).

FOR:
    Rooney - looking like he'll be the main man up front for Utd - no-brainer if so.
    Costa - Quality if tempramental striker.
    Wilson - Will only play him against "soft" opposition.
    19959820041_f596cb8f31_z.jpg

Opinions welcome.

Going with this and going to leave any,tinkering until the day before the deadline. Pretty happy with this team.
    356166.jpg
    Kane or Rooney to Aguero in gw4, with Walcott probably being the one downgraded (unless he keeps his place)
    Rotating keepers offer good fixtures.
    Azpi(6.0) and Shaw(5.5) are good value imo, and I'd be happy to start both every week.
    Huth and O'Shea (O'shea nailed?) give a decent rotation with Saylor aa bench fodder.

Still unsure about Mane as he burnt me last season but their fixtures are too good to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This is currently where I'm at.
    Nice team. Lethal attack. As for your defence, would you not put in a Sunderland defender for 4.5 and replace someone like Martin? Sunderland keep plenty of clean sheets with very easy opening fixtures and Norwich is a bit of an unknown at this point.

@Fingers - thanks for the advice on the 4.0 keeper. Darlow in he goes! :D What will be your starting line-up for GW1? Solid team, can't really see any faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I see a lot of love for Walcott in this thread, considering the amount of midfielders at Arsenal why are people so sure Walcott is going to be guaranteed a starting place? Is this all based on his hat trick at the end of last season? Don't get me wrong over the past few years when he has been fit i've nearly always tried to fit him into my team as he has been FF gold but With Sanchez, Cazorla, Ramsey et al doing the business without him last season I don't seem to be as confident of him starting every game as some others in here?

I see a lot of love for Walcott in this thread, considering the amount of midfielders at Arsenal why are people so sure Walcott is going to be guaranteed a starting place? Is this all based on his hat trick at the end of last season? Don't get me wrong over the past few years when he has been fit i've nearly always tried to fit him into my team as he has been FF gold but With Sanchez, Cazorla, Ramsey et al doing the business without him last season I don't seem to be as confident of him starting every game as some others in here?
    In my case im planning to wildcard early and if he starts the charity shield game he will be in my team. With regard to Walcott Id be taking it game by game. If I feel he will lose his place I'll take him out. I think when he starts Walcott is the most valuable FF player and I'll always try and have him in my team even if it's only for 1 week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Made few more changes to my team and, no matter what I do, I can't fit any City player in there. The worst part is that, apart from Silva, there isn't anyone worth bringing in right now. See most teams go without City coverage.

I guesss that uncertainty over their starting defenders is the main reason.

356176.png

GW1 team, which will be changed 20 times before the start of the season anyway.

Don't want to risk it too much, so mostly experienced players with good chance of playing and scoring.

United, Arsenal and Chelsea defence is a must, so this will stay as is. Will watch the new teams to see who is worth bringing in later to get some cash ready when Aguero returns.

Cabaye is a risk, but it is a quality player and coming into Crystal Palace team I am sure he will be guaranteed to play.

Not set on the front yet. Waiting for this season transfers to be completed before making my mind. Just wanted to see good names up there to start with.

Let me know if i missed something obvious like Lukaku going to China or things like that:D Only started setting my team recently and didn't pay much attention to transfer news etc.

• Advertisement

I'm an Arsenal supporter and have Theo in my team. He should start every match while Sanchez is recovering and unless he has stinkers, I fancy him to keep getting a lot of match time until he signs a new contract (last time he dragged it out until Dec/Jan)

wonski wrote: »

Let me know if i missed something obvious like Lukaku going to China or things like that:D Only started setting my team recently and didn't pay much attention to transfer news etc.

Why Distin over Francis/Mings? You've also doubled up on non-playing Norwich and I usually spread it a bit just in case.

Why Distin over Francis/Mings? You've also doubled up on non-playing Norwich and I usually spread it a bit just in case.

Because he is the only Bournemoth player I know:D

Being paid 40000 a week he should start every game I guess.

As for non-playing they are strictly non playing. Courtois will play every game and both Rudd and Bennett will stay on the bench.

I will have a look at Francis and Mings, though. Same price so if there is an attacking potential I wil go for one of them.

Thanks for looking.

What will be your starting line-up for GW1? Solid team, can't really see any faults.

19778173290_b9fda60c9f_b.jpg

I have him in because he should get game time with no Sanchez.
    I'll probably wildcard around the international break, so will see how the land lies.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Wilson - Will only play him against "soft" opposition.

Opinions welcome.

What formation are you going to play with Wilson on bench?

352 or 442?

Going 442 might give you some headache with only one defender from top team and Schmeichel & Morgan combo.

Going Courtois over Schmeichel would allow you to upgrade one of them to Utd / Arsenal / City defender.

On the other hand most seem to go this way to save money so if Chelsea concede a goal and Ivanovic gets an assist or a goal you are laughing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement