Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The big question though. Are we sure about no Sanchez? These things very often end up not going the way we think they should because of the player's late return from a summer international competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSF wrote: »
    The big question though. Are we sure about no Sanchez? These things very often end up not going the way we think they should because of the player's late return from a summer international competition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3160443/Alexis-Sanchez-miss-start-Premier-League-season-recovers-Copa-America-confirms-Arsene-Wenger.html

I know it is not a most reliable source, but... if there is a doubt I usually stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Any thoughts on this?

JFcyRwMAnbUPqTDyitjx3w3o2Wefp_lroFmvJJ6bAfg=w539-h527-no

wonski wrote: »
    I agree, not a hope Sanchez would be going in my team for those reasons. But if it is only a doubt, it makes Walcott a doubt too, ya know?

CSF wrote:
    I agree, not a hope Sanchez would be going in my team for those reasons. But if it is only a doubt, it makes Walcott a doubt too, ya know?

Walcott is always a doubt.

Missed out on his points last season, hoping to get them back at the start of this one.

He is a popular choice, so less risky than Sanchez. If he fails to deliver, or doesn't play at all, I won't lose a ground. If he scores I will start my season chasing all of you.

Walcott is always a doubt.

Missed out on his points last season, hoping to get them back at the start of this one.

He is a popular choice, so less risky than Sanchez. If he fails to deliver, or doesn't play at all, I won't lose a ground. If he scores I will start my season chasing all of you.
    I think I'm gonna give Walcott a miss. I can't see his place in the team being certain for any longer than 2 games if even that. I wanna go with a team full of certain starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My personal guess is Walcott is good to start the first two games, then against Liverpool if all players are available i can see him being benched
    Sanchez Cazorla Ozil
    Giroud

It's been obvious for quite a time this is Wenger's preferred front 4. They'll want to protect Sanchez from burn-out and the first 2 games aren't the toughest on paper, so i can see the temptation for Walcott as a short-term punt, but really i think that's all he is

I think I'm gonna give Walcott a miss. I can't see his place in the team being certain for any longer than 2 games if even that. I wanna go with a team full of certain starters.

Makes sense, especially at the start of the season.

I will give him a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

As for non-playing they are strictly non playing. Courtois will play every game and both Rudd and Bennett will stay on the bench.

I will have a look at Francis and Mings, though. Same price so if there is an attacking potential I wil go for one of them.

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, I just meant switch one to a non-playing Watford for example in the unlikely event you would want two Norwich starters. Francis and Mings both had a good amount of assists last season and are the most popular routes into Bournemouth defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd nearly go for Walcott over Silva to be honest.

Interesting.

I genuinely think Walcott could end up the top points scorer in the entire game this year if he was guaranteed gametime, but with Arsenal's midfield options I have my doubts. Sure, he could end up playing up top, but I with Arsenal's system I think you need a Giroud type striker there and while Walcott may work well there sporadically, I think they'll be better more consistently with Giroud as their main striker.

I'm leaning towards the sentiment of a few others - the last thing I want to be doing on opening day is sweating over with my £9m midfielder will actually play.

I'll leave him out for now but re-assess after the Community Shield. No harm downgrading Silva to Walcott after a few weeks anyway if it becomes clear he will be first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Current draft and lineup for week 1:

Butland (Hennessy) - Stoke number 1 at a very good price.

Coloccini, Bassong, Huth (Sakho, Williams) -

This combination of defenders rotate very well. Also a few goals in them I feel. They are all centre halves too, which is not necessarily by design, but with the new bonus points favouring these type of centre halves Im happy enough.

Depay, Silva, Walcott, Fabregas (Anya)

Speaks for itself. A bit worried not having Hazard though. Also, not sure about Anya. Will he start? There are not other 4.5 options that stand out, plus he rotates well with my weakest striker.

Costa, Rooney, Wilson

I don't think there is much choice here with Aguero out for the start, Giroud unreliable, Kane possibly one season wonder, Benteke not suited to Liverpool, Lukaku fixtures very tough. Wilson is worth taking a punt on. Unless he catches fire I think I will rotate with Anya (assuming he starts).

Like most others it will all be ripped up after a few weeks when Sanchez and Aguero are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

mectavba wrote: »

I don't think there is much choice here with Aguero out for the start, Giroud unreliable, Kane possibly one season wonder, Benteke not suited to Liverpool, Lukaku fixtures very tough. Wilson is worth taking a punt on. Unless he catches fire I think I will rotate with Anya (assuming he starts).

Like most others it will all be ripped up after a few weeks when Sanchez and Aguero are back.

Not even being a biased fan as I was one of the many who didn't really want us to sign Benteke (well not at that price, but thats for another thread) but all this talk of not suiting the style is nonsense. Sherwood made a statement as he didn't want to lose Benteke. I'll put money on it he scores against stoke in the opener! He might do SFA after that but i'd be almost certain he scores against Stoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Not even being a biased fan as I was one of the many who didn't really want us to sign Benteke (well not at that price, but thats for another thread) but all this talk of not suiting the style is nonsense. Sherwood made a statement as he didn't want to lose Benteke. I'll put money on it he scores against stoke in the opener! He might do SFA after that but i'd be almost certain he scores against Stoke!

As a Villa fan, I've seen quite a bit of Benteke over the last few years. He will not suit the high tempo game that Rodgers has favoured. Couldn't be more different to Suarez/Sturridge really. He's definitely more than a "big man" up front, but Carroll never fit in and I think Benteke may struggle too. He had spells at Villa where he was awful as he was not getting the service he wanted.

Suarez/Sterling are gone and Sturridge is crocked, so maybe Rodgers will change his gameplan, if so Benteke could score a lot and get a move to a proper big club next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

mectavba wrote: »
    As a Villa fan, I've seen quite a bit of Benteke over the last few years. He will not suit the high tempo game that Rodgers has favoured. Couldn't be more different to Suarez/Sturridge really. He's definitely more than a "big man" up front, but Carroll never fit in and I think Benteke may struggle too. He had spells at Villa where he was awful as he was not getting the service he wanted.

Suarez/Sterling are gone and Sturridge is crocked, so maybe Rodgers will change his gameplan, if so Benteke could score a lot and get a move to a proper big club next year :D

Slightly off topic but this has been doing the rounds lately and makes for interesting reading! https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/3bjl5z/clearing_up_some_misconceptions_surrounding/

I for one will definitely have Bentekkers in my team for GW1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi lads... as usual finding it tough at the start to pick a decent XI

356232.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Trilla wrote: »

Too much Chelsea - change Fab to Mata/Depay.
    With the money saved by downgrading Fab, upgrade Agbonlahor.
    Will Baker pay?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Too much Chelsea - change Fab to Mata/Depay.
    With the money saved by downgrading Fab, upgrade Agbonlahor.
    Will Baker pay?

cheers... you'd value Costa over Fab?

I'm thinking Cech, Fab and Agbonlahor out for Speroni, Barry and Rooney.

cheers... you'd value Costa over Fab?

Yes.
    With Aguero missing for a week or two, I believe Costa and possibly Rooney are must haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

356232.png

Morgan unlikely to play at start of season, still playing in the gold cup atm. Valencia is a bit risky, probably better options at his price. Agree with f1ngers, probably too much Chelsea to start with. Maybe change fab to an arsenal/United mid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

anyone know if we can save a team but still be able to make unlimited changes until the gameweek??

anyone know if we can save a team but still be able to make unlimited changes until the gameweek??

Rules are explained here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Rules are explained here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Thanking you kind Sir! For anyone else wondering..."Yes, unlimited free transfers can be made before the next deadline."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Draft 2:

Schmeichel (Butland)

Phil Jones Bellerin Bassong (PVA) (Prodl)

Lallana Mata Yaya Ozil (Surman)

Bentekkers Giroud Costa

What are lads' opinion? Contemplating having Ruddy from Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Draft 2:

Schmeichel (Butland)

Phil Jones Bellerin Bassong (PVA) (Prodl)

Lallana Mata Yaya Ozil (Surman)

Bentekkers Giroud Costa

What are lads' opinion? Contemplating having Ruddy from Norwich.

I'd be worried about Lallana's playing time, he's got a lot of competition for one of Liverpool's attacking positions and will be making mostly sub appearances I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would appreciate views on my first draft. I'm setting myself up for the first 8 GWs only. Any longer than that makes no sense IMO as so many things change and I plan to WC during one of the International Breaks. I've included my 'logic' but feel free to tear it apart!

Goalkeepers
    Mignolet & Ruddy. 9.5m for keepers might seem high but it gives me the following fixtures – CPL, BOU, STO, WHU, BOU, NOR, AST, LEI

Defenders
    Azpilicueta – Chelsea coverage. They don’t have fantastic opening fixtures but most will have a CHE defender so he’s my ‘blocker’
    Yoshida/Huth – gives me SUN, EVE, TOT, NOR, AST, sto, SWA, nor
    Francis/O’Shea – gives me AST, SWA, NOR, LEI, nor, SUN, sto, WAT

The fixtures do tail off a bit around GW6 but I can make a transfer or 2 at that stage.

Midfielders
    Fabregas – probably (certainly!) won’t score as high as Hazard but that 2.5m saved hopefully will garnish points elsewhere in my team. Also, getting Hazard and Aguero into a team damages other areas and I absolutely want Sergio.
    Ozil – An Arsenal midfielder is important given the fixtures. Walcott is the favoured pick at the moment, but I reckon he is a transfer waiting to happen. Ozil is guaranteed his spot and ‘can’ score highly on his day.
    Milner – toss up between him and Hendo. I’ll change my mind 100 times in the next two weeks and end up with the wrong one!
    Sterling – Man City ‘coverage’ until Aguero is up and running.
    Ritchie – Good attacking stats, admittedly in the Championship, and rotates with Deeney.

Forwards
    Costa – Can see him hitting the ground running v Swansea and is a captaincy option
    Rooney – Main man up front this season and a viable captain for the first 3 weeks.
    Deeney – Club captain so nailed on. On penalties and I just have a feeling he is this years Charlie Austin.

The ‘Aguero Plan’ is simple – Costa and Sterling to Aguero and Chadli.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Would appreciate views on my first draft. I'm setting myself up for the first 8 GWs only. Any longer than that makes no sense IMO as so many things change and I plan to WC during one of the International Breaks. I've included my 'logic' but feel free to tear it apart!

Nice work, I'd go with Henderson over Milner tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Goalkeepers
    Mignolet & Ruddy. 9.5m for keepers might seem high but it gives me the following fixtures – CPL, BOU, STO, WHU, BOU, NOR, AST, LEI

Defenders
    Azpilicueta – Chelsea coverage. They don’t have fantastic opening fixtures but most will have a CHE defender so he’s my ‘blocker’

The fixtures do tail off a bit around GW6 but I can make a transfer or 2 at that stage.

Midfielders
    Fabregas – probably (certainly!) won’t score as high as Hazard but that 2.5m saved hopefully will garnish points elsewhere in my team. Also, getting Hazard and Aguero into a team damages other areas and I absolutely want Sergio.
    Ozil – An Arsenal midfielder is important given the fixtures. Walcott is the favoured pick at the moment, but I reckon he is a transfer waiting to happen. Ozil is guaranteed his spot and ‘can’ score highly on his day.
    Milner – toss up between him and Hendo. I’ll change my mind 100 times in the next two weeks and end up with the wrong one!
    Ritchie – Good attacking stats, admittedly in the Championship, and rotates with Deeney.

Forwards
    Costa – Can see him hitting the ground running v Swansea and is a captaincy option
    Rooney – Main man up front this season and a viable captain for the first 3 weeks.
    Deeney – Club captain so nailed on. On penalties and I just have a feeling he is this years Charlie Austin.

Excellent well thought out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any opinions lads 1.0 m still in the bank.

Courtoius/Hennessy

Shaw/Coates/Ward/Lescott/Oxford

Hazard/Ritchie/Ozil/Depay/Henderson

Rooney/Deeney/Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Nuts102 wrote: »

Courtoius/Hennessy

Rooney/Deeney/Benteke

Nice balanced squad. Maybe Steven Taylor for Oxford as he's probably the most likely 4.0m defender to start.

Ruddy / Mignolet

Lescott / Terry / Clyne / Yoshida / Huth
    Hazard (C) / Cazorla / Henderson / Hoolahan / McClean
    Kane / Rooney / Rodriguez

The only worrying thing here is its a struggle to get Aguero in......0 in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Nuts102 wrote: »

Courtoius/Hennessy

Rooney/Deeney/Benteke
    Nice squad. You could upgrade Lescott to Azpil for the extra million for Chelsea coverage. West Brom have difficult fixtures to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Very similar to my current draft. I have Coutois and 4m keeper, Morgan/STaylor for Azip/Huth, Siggy for Milner, 4.5m 5th mid and Benteke for Deeney.

I think you get more balance in your team going for Fab/Ozil/Sterling over Hazard/Slvia/Walcott. I also have a similar get Aguero plan, depending on who the best performing midfielder in the price bracket is in the first few GW's!

Ruddy / Mignolet

Lescott / Terry / Clyne / Yoshida / Huth
    Hazard (C) / Cazorla / Henderson / Hoolahan / McClean
    Kane / Rooney / Rodriguez

The only worrying thing here is its a struggle to get Aguero in......0 in the bank

If you plan on playing 3-3-1(2) every week, not a bad team.

Getting Aguero in is not a struggle - a wildcard will help you out there.

Mig + Clyne is a no no - don't double up on pool defenders, tough fixtures to start.
    Can you explain the reasoning behind Hoolahan and McClean please? You can get cheaper playing options than those two, that will enable you to upgrade elsewhere.

I would imagine Costa would be a popular fit in most teams for a few weeks at least(until Aguero is back).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jaysus fingers that's a bit harsh surely 332 is OK starting Kane and Rooney!

jimmii wrote: »
    Jaysus fingers that's a bit harsh surely 332 is OK starting Kane and Rooney!

OK, I put 3-3-2(in brackets), but I'm not convinced Kane can repeat.

I'm out drinking at the moment so will comment on the rest tomorrow but the lane issue is bothering me too. At 5mil last year I was happy enough with the risk..... 9 odd mill is scandalous so if he doesn't perform will be gone asap

I'm out drinking at the moment so will comment on the rest tomorrow but the lane issue is bothering me too. At 5mil last year I was happy enough with the risk..... 9 odd mill is scandalous so if he doesn't perform will be gone asap

Seeing double, eh... :P

On the touch site no idea why that happened sorry.... Getting daggers from herself from being on the phone I'm out! Would like to get some tonight hahahaha yeah so Kane might be out shortly depending..... Costa is more important to me than agüero for the year.....

On the touch site no idea why that happened sorry.... Getting daggers from herself from being on the phone I'm out! Would like to get some tonight hahahaha yeah so Kane might be out shortly depending..... Costa is more important to me than agüero for the year.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

It's that time of year again!

3rd draft at this point but would appreciate some critique.

Courtois

Kos / Ward / Mings

fab / Ozil / Bolasie / Henderson

Costa(c) / Benteke / Rooney(v)

Schwarzer - Clyne / Yoshida / Anya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Going with this atm. Granted, I see much chopping and changing.

for%20nox_zpspfxcw74r.png

Anyone got any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cant see Ibe being first choice, maybe Redmond or Johnson of Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

dahat wrote: »

Yeah wasn't sure about him but I literally have 5mil to spend and had no idea how to spend it on! Everyone is so fecking expensive!

Yeah wasn't sure about him but I literally have 5mil to spend and had no idea how to spend it on! Everyone is so fecking expensive!

Personally I go for rotating keepers, £9.0 with one £5.5 defender and the rest budget, that should free up a few £££ to upgrade Ibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dahat wrote: »

Ibe will be starting this season as first choice. Lallana on the other wing

Chesty08 wrote: »

You sure on that? Cracking value if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Chesty08 wrote:

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I would have thought it would be:
    Mignolet
    Clyne Skrtel Lovren/Sakho Moreno
    Milner Can/Lucas Henderson
    Coutinho Firmino
    Benteke

spock. wrote: »
    I'm not a Liverpool fan but I would have thought it would be:
    Mignolet
    Clyne Skrtel Lovren/Sakho Moreno
    Milner Can/Lucas Henderson
    Coutinho Firmino
    Benteke
    Yup that is most likely right I would think. Defence always a little harder to call at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

right I'm stepping away from it for a few days but I've gone from having a non playing goalie , 4ml defender and 4.5ml defender with Costa up front to a squad without Costa but 15 starters !
    not sure I like it though but it got my highest score of 320 for 1st 6 gakes on the RMT tool
    anyway here it is
    mignolet ruddy (perfect rotation even though I hate rotating goalies!)
    kos huth yoshida o shea and either Richards or colocini
    hazard Walcott mane siggy ritchie
    Rooney benteke deeney

deeney and Ritchie to rotate

not sure I like it :D a lot of rotation

Advertisement