Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Okay. Draft 2. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm a bit worried about doubling up on Southampton attack but both are having a great pre season. As always am open to change.

Courtois - Expect a lot of clean sheets with a solid back 4 playing in front of him.
    McCarthy - 4m keeper selected by the least amount of people. Courtois will always play.

Mertesacker - Arsenal cover for defense. With Cech in there I hope for a few more clean sheets than usual
    Steven Taylor - As mentioned before McLaren is a fan of his. The only half decent 4.0m defender I can see starting as long as he stays fit.
    O'Shea- Good fixtures for Sunderland at the start and Dick Advocaat plays defensive football.
    Lescott - I think Pulis will have West Brom well drilled in defense this year. Also hoping he can get some of his set piece goal prowess back as Tony Pulis will be looking to get goals from set pieces as always.
    Darmain - United defensive cover. Has done well in preseason and looks like he will be a starter. May change to Shaw/Valencia depending how united line up.

Depay - Torn between Depay and Mata but have stumped for Depay after watching United pre season so far. He has started up front with Rooney and has lightning pace. With 22 league goals and 28 in total last year he could be a great signing.
    Hazard - A must have
    Walcott - I'm hoping Wenger will give him a chance up front. This may change if they sign a top striker but if not I think he could be a goal machine if played through the middle.
    Mane - Great pre season and finished last season well. Gets in amongst the goals/assists quite often.
    Bentaleb - Still not sure on this one. Most likely out of the 4.5 midfielders to score if he plays. Originally had Wanyama but shipped him out when I got Mane in.

Costa - Expect him to be up front on his own for Chelsea again this year and have a good year.
    Rodriguez - Scoring a good few goals in pre season and looking like he will have a good comeback from injury. Still have question mark over whether he will start with Pelle and Mane also having a great preseason
    Berahino - Will be West Brom's main goal threat this year and if he does as well as last year he is great value.

Finding it hard to pick a city player other than Aguero but he is not fit. Will likely fit him in with WC after a few weeks.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

356458.PNG

That's my first draft. Here's the reasoning behind it

Goalkeeper: Southampton played some great ball last season, especially defensively. Arsenal are also on the money for clean sheets, so being able to rotate between Saints and Arsenal for gameweeks. 5m/5.5m.

Defence: Straight forward attacking defenders, really. Darmian is a risk, but he is looking so good in pre-season for United, who you would expect to have a decent return on clean sheets with two new DMs protecting the back four instead of the mighty TC23. Lescott is the back-up, with 4m Baker warming the bench and providing the tea.

Midfield: Power of the team here. Fabregas, Silva, Ozil, and Depay will be the focal points of their teams. Easy goals/assists coming here. de Jong had a wonderful season in England, getting to tour the finest medical facilities the country had to offer, but I reckon he could be a decent gamble at 6.5m if he plays.

Attack: Weakest area of the team. It was a toss up between Pelle and Lukaku, and I am still not sure which to pick. Sakho at West Ham under the new gaffer should be good for a return if they continue to play attacking football. Deeney is the new kid on the block so we'll see how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

De Jong to Ritchie. Pelle to Benteke. Leaves you significantly stronger IMO.

Also I'd argue that 10.5 is way too much to be spending on goalkeepers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

MagicIRL wrote: »
    356458.PNG

Goalkeeper: Southampton played some great ball last season, especially defensively. Arsenal are also on the money for clean sheets, so being able to rotate between Saints and Arsenal for gameweeks. 5m/5.5m.

Defence: Straight forward attacking defenders, really. Darmian is a risk, but he is looking so good in pre-season for United, who you would expect to have a decent return on clean sheets with two new DMs protecting the back four instead of the mighty TC23. Lescott is the back-up, with 4m Baker warming the bench and providing the tea.

Midfield: Power of the team here. Fabregas, Silva, Ozil, and Depay will be the focal points of their teams. Easy goals/assists coming here. de Jong had a wonderful season in England, getting to tour the finest medical facilities the country had to offer, but I reckon he could be a decent gamble at 6.5m if he plays.

Attack: Weakest area of the team. It was a toss up between Pelle and Lukaku, and I am still not sure which to pick. Sakho at West Ham under the new gaffer should be good for a return if they continue to play attacking football. Deeney is the new kid on the block so we'll see how he gets on.

Your attack is weak, as you mentioned. I think it's too weak. It really needs to be improved. You've spend too much on defence, imo. There should never be a 5.0m defender/GK on your bench, but you have 2. Pick which GK you prefer, and stick with them. Downgrade the other to a 4.0m (or a 4.5m at least if you can't stomach a non playing GK). Downgrade to Lescott to at least a 4.5m defender. Personally I'd downgrade one of your other 3 defenders to a 4.5m defender that rotates with whoever you swap for Lescott. Those changes would get you about 3.0m which you could then put into your forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MagicIRL wrote: »
    356458.PNG

Your main weakness is lack of captaincy options. I'd argue none of your team are solid, popular choices, so you'll be going punty every GW until you bring Aguero in (which would probably require a WC with your team structure)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

chris445 wrote: »

Courtois - Expect a lot of clean sheets with a solid back 4 playing in front of him.
    McCarthy - 4m keeper selected by the least amount of people. Courtois will always play.

Cech played something like 5 games last season despite Courtois not being injured. Is there not a risk that Mourinho will go with Begovic randomly for a game or 2 during the season, maybe during the CL group stages, against lower opposition meaning you'd have no keeper playing?

That's my only worry, otherwise I'd definitely have Courtois in my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The breakdowns of reasoning that people are starting to give for their selections is very welcome. It's too difficult to give a proper assessment without seeing some reasoning alongside it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Butland. Speroni

Shaw Azi Taylor O Shea Bassong

Ozil Walcott Fabregas Mane Mulumbu

Rooney Costa Wilson

Team looks strong to me, Walcott is a gamble but with a GW4 WC I think it's worth it.

Fab over Hazard as I think Fab is a pre Xmas wonder, always starts well wherever he played.

Mane has decent fixtures and got into great positions last season, fully expect him to deliver alot more this season.

Rooney and Costa are without need for explanation IMO.

Shaw and Azi are two attacking full backs who should get some.points, Shaw especially.

dahat wrote: »
    Butland. Speroni

Rooney Costa Wilson

Team looks strong to me, Walcott is a gamble but with a GW4 WC I think it's worth it.

Fab over Hazard as I think Fab is a pre Xmas wonder, always starts well wherever he played.

Mane has decent fixtures and got into great positions last season, fully expect him to deliver alot more this season.

Rooney and Costa are without need for explanation IMO.

Shaw and Azi are two attacking full backs who should get some.points, Shaw especially.

Only worry I have with Shaw is if he will start. So far he has started all the pre season games at LB and has looked good. However so has Ashley Young ay LW and with his performances last season I can see him getting in ahead of Shaw. That's assuming DiMaria/Depay or a new signing gets the wide left role. You also have Blind to take into account, although it looks like Van Gaal is going to use him as a CB this year.

It's hard to pick a United starting defense at the moment. I have plumped for Darmain on his pre season form and Valencias poor defending last year but it's still very much wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dahat wrote: »
    Butland. Speroni

Rooney Costa Wilson

I like it. Walcott and Wilson are probably the punts but overall its strong. What Taylor is that in your Def?

Thoughts? I'm toying over Sterling vs Walcott + Cylne vs Shaw. Barry is also a massive punt for me.

356469.png

• Advertisement

chris445 wrote: »
    Only worry I have with Shaw is if he will start. So far he has started all the pre season games at LB and has looked good. However so has Ashley Young ay LW and with his performances last season I can see him getting in ahead of Shaw. That's assuming DiMaria/Depay or a new signing gets the wide left role. You also have Blind to take into account, although it looks like Van Gaal is going to use him as a CB this year.

It's hard to pick a United starting defense at the moment. I have plumped for Darmain on his pre season form and Valencias poor defending last year but it's still very much wait and see.

Di Maria is a goner all day long.

Shaw and Young will make the left hand side there own IMO, Blind is a danger granted but I can adjust to Darmain if I feel Shaw is under threat.

Heres one with screenshot attached.

FPL.jpg
    Draft 2. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm a bit worried about doubling up on Southampton attack but both are having a great pre season. As always am open to change.

Mertesacker - Arsenal cover for defense. With Cech in there I hope for a few more clean sheets than usual
    Steven Taylor - As mentioned before McLaren is a fan of his. The only half decent 4.0m defender I can see starting as long as he stays fit.
    O'Shea- Good fixtures for Sunderland at the start and Dick Advocaat plays defensive football.
    Lescott - I think Pulis will have West Brom well drilled in defense this year. Also hoping he can get some of his set piece goal prowess back as Tony Pulis will be looking to get goals from set pieces as always.
    Darmain - United defensive cover. Has done well in preseason and looks like he will be a starter. May change to Shaw/Valencia depending how united line up.

Depay - Torn between Depay and Mata but have stumped for Depay after watching United pre season so far. He has started up front with Rooney and has lightning pace. With 22 league goals and 28 in total last year he could be a great signing.
    Hazard - A must have
    Walcott - I'm hoping Wenger will give him a chance up front. This may change if they sign a top striker but if not I think he could be a goal machine if played through the middle.
    Mane - Great pre season and finished last season well. Gets in amongst the goals/assists quite often.
    Bentaleb - Still not sure on this one. Most likely out of the 4.5 midfielders to score if he plays. Originally had Wanyama but shipped him out when I got Mane in.

Costa - Expect him to be up front on his own for Chelsea again this year and have a good year.
    Rodriguez - Scoring a good few goals in pre season and looking like he will have a good comeback from injury. Still have question mark over whether he will start with Pelle and Mane also having a great preseason
    Berahino - Will be West Brom's main goal threat this year and if he does as well as last year he is great value.

Finding it hard to pick a city player other than Aguero but he is not fit. Will likely fit him in with WC after a few weeks.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Courtois - I'm torn here myself. Nice way to get into Chelsea defence for 5.5 but maybe a 4.5 and a 4.0 frees up valuable funds elsewhere. I'm going the cheaper route I think.

(I'm a long suffering Newcastle fan) Taylor will start if Collocini is sold, otherwise I reckon it will be Collo and Mbemba. I have Taylor as my cheap 4.0 option at the moment though.

Lescott (could be good, might get back into set pieces, or else go with Hennessy GK for a 4.0 in to that Defence) Crystal Palace have brought in McCarthy so that should go through in the next few days.

Darmian - I was going to go with him initially as he's a freight train up the wings and shone last year, but VG (if you can trust him) has told Valencia he will be first choice starter. I have gone for Shaw myself.

Mertesacker - Could be good especially with the way the Bonus Points are favouring strong CB's this season. However for .5 less Bellerin is a more attacking option and has been told by Wenger that he's the starting right back.

Your midfield has a nice balance. Bentaleb is also my choice in the 4.5 category. He's nailed on and has some attacking promise.

JRod- Could pay dividends or could take a while to settle back in.

Berahino - Most likely going to Spurs. Will be used in a support role to Kane so might not be that prolific for scoring but could make up for it with assists.

Conclusion

I think you have a well balanced side, i'd change Mert for Bellerin and Darmian for Shaw. I'd probably swap Lescot for Toby.

My useless tuppence worth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Colking wrote: »
    Courtois - I'm torn here myself. Nice way to get into Chelsea defence for 5.5 but maybe a 4.5 and a 4.0 frees up valuable funds elsewhere. I'm going the cheaper route I think.

(I'm a long suffering Newcastle fan) Taylor will start if Collocini is sold, otherwise I reckon it will be Collo and Mbemba. I have Taylor as my cheap 4.0 option at the moment though.

Lescott (could be good, might get back into set pieces, or else go with Hennessy GK for a 4.0 in to that Defence) Crystal Palace have brought in McCarthy so that should go through in the next few days.

Darmian - I was going to go with him initially as he's a freight train up the wings and shone last year, but VG (if you can trust him) has told Valencia he will be first choice starter. I have gone for Shaw myself.

Mertesacker - Could be good especially with the way the Bonus Points are favouring strong CB's this season. However for .5 less Bellerin is a more attacking option and has been told by Wenger that he's the starting right back.

Your midfield has a nice balance. Bentaleb is also my choice in the 4.5 category. He's nailed on and has some attacking promise.

JRod- Could pay dividends or could take a while to settle back in.

Berahino - Most likely going to Spurs. Will be used in a support role to Kane so might not be that prolific for scoring but could make up for it with assists.

Conclusion

I think you have a well balanced side, i'd change Mert for Bellerin and Darmian for Shaw. I'd probably swap Lescot for Toby.

My useless tuppence worth ;)
    one point to note mert and bellerin are both 5.5 its only kos that is 6

Fair point thanks, no cash saving on that potential change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Finished 352nd overall last year so hoping for another big year. Brought in Walcott for final day and captained him to win all of my mini-leagues. Not convinced hes gona get the game time so I would avoid. May change Defoe for Deeney. 50/50 on Henderson/Milner but think I'll stick with Henderson. Aguero will be got as soon as hes fit. Will only keep Rooney if United don't sign a striker.

Cech

Ivanovic Clyne Mert

Depay Yaya Hazard Henderson

Rooney Benteke Defoe

Subs: McCarthy, Barry, Baker, S.Taylor

Finished 352nd overall last year so hoping for another big year. Brought in Walcott for final day and captained him to win all of my mini-leagues. Not convinced hes gona get the game time so I would avoid. May change Defoe for Deeney. 50/50 on Henderson/Milner but think I'll stick with Henderson. Aguero will be got as soon as hes fit. Will only keep Rooney if United don't sign a striker.

Cech

Ivanovic Clyne Mert

Depay Yaya Hazard Henderson

Rooney Benteke Defoe

Subs: McCarthy, Barry, Baker, S.Taylor

Solid team.

Sunderland have nice opening fixtures and Defoe could be worth a punt but if you're going for a punt I'd chance Deeney or Wilson. I was initially steering towards Deeney but Ighalo has been on fire in pre-season and might steal the thunder there.

I was between Henderson and Milner for a long time but going by the current pre-seasons it's Milner for me.

Benteke is a bit of a punt as it might take him a handfull of games to gel with his side. If you want someone who will hit the ground running maybe Pelle who has been in great form in pre-season.

Thinking about going for this team at the moment barring injuries or crazy good form in pre-seasons.

Goalkeepers
    I'm torn in the Goalkeeper section between cheap as chips and rotate, or go for Courtois.

Defenders
    Bellerin and Shaw are my Premium defenders and I'll rotate between Mings and O'Shea

Midfield
    I debated long and hard about Henderson/Milner. At the moment it's Milner. I'm not positive about Theo, I might go with Yaya but Man City openers are tough and until Sanchez comes back or they get Benzema, I think Walcott is nailed on.

Attack
    All 3 are nailed on.

I will look to swap Aguero for Costa after a few weeks.

Schmeichel
    Mings Bellerín Shaw
    Walcott Hazard Milner Özil
    Rooney Costa Wilson

Subs: Hennessey Bentaleb O'Shea Steven Taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Right, another few days, another bit of tinkering:

dbbd6d248952e249f58e00e3c973d81f.png

As mentioned before, this team is for the first 3 GW's when I'll wildcard to get Aguero in and possibly Sanchez. GK's and DEF's are cheap to max out on attacking players. I did a bit of research and found the big teams only keep an average of 1.3 clean sheets over the first 3 GW's of a season so I don't think I'll get left too far behind defensively and can live with the big hitters getting attacking points. Anyway, more detailed reasoning:

GK's: Myhill and Hennessy for as cheap a possible GK due. West Brom's starting fixtures are tough but Myhill has proven before he can rack up save points and you can't rule a Pulis clean sheet out against anyone.

DEF: Going with Walcott ahead of Silva has allowed me a little extra money to pour into my defense. I know Jenkinson is out for GW1 but I wouldn't have used him for that anyway and I love his GW2 and 3 fixtures. The 5 defenders I have give me the following 3's:

GW1 - lei, SUN, CPL
    GW2 - WBA, LEI, NOR
    GW3 - SWA, SOU, BOU

MID: Hazard needs no explanation. I really want Arsenal attacking coverage with their start and I think Walcott and Giroud will start for the first few weeks at least as Sanchez is eased back in, with Theo in Sanchez's spot. Going with Walcott ahead of Silva has also given me a bit of spare cash which I used in defence. Silva has a tough start so I'm happy to go without for now. Henderson is kindly priced at £7m IMO and I'm happy to take a chance on Ritchie as a 4th midfielder given how effective he was in terms of attacking contribution last year. I'm hoping to take advantage of the "promotion bounce" for the first few weeks. The £4.5m is just a placeholder before I decide who to go for in that price bracket.

ATT: Needs no explanation really.

So, what say you? :)

Attack - Fantastic (provided Arsenal don't but another striker ;) )

Midfield - Very nice. As you can see from the other posts I marginally prefer Milner to Henderson. I think both are incredible value @7 though

Defence - Excellent. You've put serious thought into the opening weeks.

GK

You're going full on WB. I think Hennessy will get the nod over Myhill if he moves (which is looking very likely) in which case Guzan offers 38 game switch (at this point in time anyway)

Are you happy to go WC early ? With the Gold Cup is it nearly a necessity ? I'm trying to plan where I can if I want but am not forced into WC to get Kun in.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    right I'm stepping away from it for a few days but I've gone from having a non playing goalie , 4ml defender and 4.5ml defender with Costa up front to a squad without Costa but 15 starters !
    not sure I like it though but it got my highest score of 320 for 1st 6 gakes on the RMT tool
    anyway here it is
    mignolet ruddy (perfect rotation even though I hate rotating goalies!)
    kos huth yoshida o shea and either Richards or colocini
    hazard Walcott mane siggy ritchie
    Rooney benteke deeney

deeney and Ritchie to rotate

not sure I like it :D a lot of rotation

any opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Trilla wrote: »
    I like it. Walcott and Wilson are probably the punts but overall its strong. What Taylor is that in your Def?

Thoughts? I'm toying over Sterling vs Walcott + Cylne vs Shaw. Barry is also a massive punt for me.

356469.png

Barry will get you VERY FEW points. Very defensive midfielder! And with Evertons opening 10 games he won't pick up many clean sheet points.

@ km79 - Too much of a gamble in Midfield if you ask me. 4 of your 5 can go on runs consecutive games without doing much, especially if Walcott isn't getting his game. I'd upgrade at least one of them.

My own:

Gk
    Myhill – Weakest link in the team for first 3 games. No realistic chance of a CS, but high chance of save pts and bonus, I reckon. Sneaky peno save or two would be welcome, but you can’t plan on that stuff. Will most likely change before kick-off, but so far I’m open to keeping him in
    Elliot – 4.0 placeholder. Will change if a playing replacement comes to the fore.

Def
    Yoshida – Barring new signings, will definitely be in my GW1 team
    O'Shea – Guaranteed play time, points haul really depends on Sunderland’s performances
    Ward – “Bargain of the Season” material, imo.
    Simpson and Turner – Best of a bad lot of 4.0 defenders. Turner is in just for the meltdown when he scores 17pts vs Stoke.

Mid
    Cabaye – May be on penos, and FKs, a steal if he is. Can easily be downgraded to Ritchie if this proves to be the case.
    Cazorla – May change to another Arsenal mid or maybe Depay?
    Sterling – Not sure how he’ll fare. I’d prefer Silva, but it came down to (him and Siggy) vs (Sterling + 8.5mid).
    Hazard – FF god. Anybody without him in their team from the get go is asking for it. I posted a couple of weeks ago saying that I’m thinking of leaving the armband on him for the season, and I am giving it serious consideration.
    Mulumbu – Wasn’t sure on him until Mr P gave him the nod. Perfect 4.5 backup, great first 5 fixtures.

Fwd
    Benteke – May settle quickly, or may take time. Start could be kinder but can easily be downgraded to Ighalo or Deeney, depending on who comes out of the blocks the sharpest. GW2 captain material.
    Costa – Will be upgraded to Aguero as soon as he is 100% fit. Until then, will have to sweat the yellow cards and lack of bonus
    Rooney – No brainer, given the lack of competition for places, guaranteed advanced role and Utd’s opening fixtures.

Pros:
    Strikeforce is as good as it gets, especially considering the lack of options available.
    3 big hitters + Cabaye in midfield, if Utd start strongly Depay in instead of Cazorla or Sterling is easily done
    Load of captaincy options, provided I don’t go with Hazard © all season

Cons:
    30.0 spent on back 7 is as cheap as it can get. Could come back to haunt me. Am I stretched too thin?
    No city coverage except Sterling, nor Arsenal coverage bar Cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

My manU mad brother brought his Chelsea mad daughter to the PSG-Chelsea game in Charlotte and seems to think Falcao played far better than any of his Manu appearances - played well coming on for Costa in the last 20 mins apparently. What's his chances of taking any Costa minutes when the season starts anyone?

@ km79 - Too much of a gamble in Midfield if you ask me. 4 of your 5 can go on runs consecutive games without doing much, especially if Walcott isn't getting his game. I'd upgrade at least one of them.

My own:

Gk
    Myhill – Weakest link in the team for first 3 games. No realistic chance of a CS, but high chance of save pts and bonus, I reckon. Sneaky peno save or two would be welcome, but you can’t plan on that stuff. Will most likely change before kick-off, but so far I’m open to keeping him in
    Elliot – 4.0 placeholder. Will change if a playing replacement comes to the fore.

Def
    Yoshida – Barring new signings, will definitely be in my GW1 team
    O'Shea – Guaranteed play time, points haul really depends on Sunderland’s performances
    Ward – “Bargain of the Season” material, imo.
    Simpson and Turner – Best of a bad lot of 4.0 defenders. Turner is in just for the meltdown when he scores 17pts vs Stoke.

Mid
    Cabaye – May be on penos, and FKs, a steal if he is. Can easily be downgraded to Ritchie if this proves to be the case.
    Cazorla – May change to another Arsenal mid or maybe Depay?
    Sterling – Not sure how he’ll fare. I’d prefer Silva, but it came down to (him and Siggy) vs (Sterling + 8.5mid).
    Hazard – FF god. Anybody without him in their team from the get go is asking for it. I posted a couple of weeks ago saying that I’m thinking of leaving the armband on him for the season, and I am giving it serious consideration.
    Mulumbu – Wasn’t sure on him until Mr P gave him the nod. Perfect 4.5 backup, great first 5 fixtures.

Fwd
    Benteke – May settle quickly, or may take time. Start could be kinder but can easily be downgraded to Ighalo or Deeney, depending on who comes out of the blocks the sharpest. GW2 captain material.
    Costa – Will be upgraded to Aguero as soon as he is 100% fit. Until then, will have to sweat the yellow cards and lack of bonus
    Rooney – No brainer, given the lack of competition for places, guaranteed advanced role and Utd’s opening fixtures.

Pros:
    Strikeforce is as good as it gets, especially considering the lack of options available.
    3 big hitters + Cabaye in midfield, if Utd start strongly Depay in instead of Cazorla or Sterling is easily done
    Load of captaincy options, provided I don’t go with Hazard © all season

Cons:
    30.0 spent on back 7 is as cheap as it can get. Could come back to haunt me. Am I stretched too thin?
    No city coverage except Sterling, nor Arsenal coverage bar Cazorla

thanks shifty
    I started with something like yours after 3 hours I ended up with the above and no idea how I got there !
    think I'm going to start it again !
    like you I considered depay but its probably safer to wait and see
    maybe even see how he does against PSG
    hazard AND Costa was another dilemma. that's 1\5th of the budget gone and after seeing Costa and Chelsea against PSG I think it may be better to spread the money .......and upgrade your aldi defence :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hazard is not an FF God quite yet.

You could have done without him for the first 4 or 5 GWs last season as long as you had Cesc and/or Costa.

An FF God is Ronaldo, Lampard or Gerrard in their pomp. He ain't there yet.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Hazard is not an FF God quite yet.

You could have done without him for the first 4 or 5 GWs last season as long as you had Cesc and/or Costa.

An FF God is Ronaldo, Lampard or Gerrard in their pomp. He ain't there yet.

originally had fab and Costa .........Costa annoyed me so much last year though ! injured\not injured.......always on the verge of getting sent off
    didn't own him after nov\dec I think and didn't miss him !

Hazard last season was just remarkably consistent. I think I remember one 14 point match and besides that it was 9/10/11 pointers. Two seasons ago, he had the hat trick 21 pointer and a 17 pointer against Sunderland IIRC. If Hazard gets 15+ points in GW1 you're looking a big uphill task unless Costa(c)+Cesc cover it

Hazard last season was just remarkably consistent. I think I remember one 14 point match and besides that it was 9/10/11 pointers. Two seasons ago, he had the hat trick 21 pointer and a 17 pointer against Sunderland IIRC. If Hazard gets 15+ points in GW1 you're looking a big uphill task unless Costa(c)+Cesc cover it

would you be captaining haz gw1
    if I have him I will

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    would you be captaining haz gw1
    if I have him I will

I am 100%

I'm going without him till GW4 which I'm terrified of tbh but budget constrictions are forcing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

It's Hazard or Costa for me. Whichever one I go with I will captain.
    On Haz at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pretty worried by the poor defenders but Hazard & Rooney must be definites surely. Any feedback would be great !

an arsenal midfielder is a MUST in my opinion for first few games. Take your pick there is plenty of choice!
    Either for depay or sterling or downgrade costa and upgrade henderson.
    This will also give you money to upgrade one of your dud 4ml defenders. Get a 4.5 ml defender from one team to rotate with another who is not Bassong as doubling up with Norwich goalie is VERY risky.
    Finally I dont know if id fancy playing Deeney every week......but depends on whether you want to keep costa or have cash freed up......

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Here I am.

Butland/Ruddy

Sakho/Shaw/Azpi/Ward/Trippier

Haz/Sterling/Ozil/Chadli/Redmond

Benteke/Rooney/Deeney

I think I will be going with it right now. Question marks is Chadli or Hendo/Milner and playing 4.0 defender. Captaining Hazard. Rotate goalkeepers and Deeney with Redmond. Any thoughts? I will apreciate !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The big question with hazard is will he still be on pens. Costa took the one in the last game of the season. If hazard isn't on pens I think he is overpriced that's 30 to 40 pts gone I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

The big question with hazard is will he still be on pens. Costa took the one in the last game of the season. If hazard isn't on pens I think he is overpriced that's 30 to 40 pts gone I'd imagine.

I really hope Chelsea get a penalty in the charity shield to clear this one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thoughts?

Courtios

Darmian
    Azpilicueta
    Bellerin

Carzola
    Fabregas
    Milner
    Depay

Rooney
    Benteke
    Pelle

Do you reckon guys Darmian and Depay are nailed on starters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've had to face facts.

There's absolutely no way I'll be able to fit George Boyd in to my team :(

Thoughts?

Courtios

Darmian
    Azpilicueta
    Bellerin

Carzola
    Fabregas
    Milner
    Depay

Rooney
    Benteke
    Pelle

Do you reckon guys Darmian and Depay are nailed on starters?

Nice team, good balance. I'd replace Darmian with Shaw. Darmian is not nailed on apparently as LVG promised Valencia the start.

Depay is interesting. If he hits the ground running we'll all want him. If LVG doesn't get any more strikers through the window I think he has a good chance of playing but playing might consist of 40 mins as opposed to a whole match. If you want Man Utd cover I think Mata is the safer bet and he's the penalty taker.

My tuppence ;)

• Advertisement

Thoughts?

Courtios

Darmian
    Azpilicueta
    Bellerin

Carzola
    Fabregas
    Milner
    Depay

Rooney
    Benteke
    Pelle

Before the season starts I would expect the teams posted to be full squads and not just your GW1 team. You're missing 4 players here, can't really give a proper assessment on what the team overall is looking like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Opinions on this?

Butland / Schmeichel
    Bellerin / Azpi / Mings / Kaboul / Taylor
    Hazard / Silva / Ozil / Richie / Bentlab
    Rooney / Mitrovic / Giroud

LostArt wrote: »
    Opinions on this?

Butland / Schmeichel
    Bellerin / Azpi / Mings / Kaboul / Taylor
    Hazard / Silva / Ozil / Richie / Bentlab
    Rooney / Mitrovic / Giroud

Looks good, like the Mitrovic pick. Giroud is the worry for me if he loses out to Walcott early on but without Sanchez they might both start anyway. 3 Arsenal players is a good call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

8-10 wrote: »
    Looks good, like the Mitrovic pick. Giroud is the worry for me if he loses out to Walcott early on but without Sanchez they might both start anyway. 3 Arsenal players is a good call

Yeah Giroud/Walcott is the worry, I'm hopeful the charity shield clears that up though

My subs are Schwarzer Bentaleb Richards Mings

Kolarov or Clichy who's gonna be the first choice left back for city i would like to have Kolarov for free kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

LostArt wrote: »
    Yeah Giroud/Walcott is the worry, I'm hopeful the charity shield clears that up though

The Clarity Shield. ....

I'll get my coat.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kolarov or Clichy who's gonna be the first choice left back for city i would like to have Kolarov for free kicks

When both fit they tend to rotate unfortunately. Kolarov got more games towards end of last season but notsure whether Clichy was fully fit.

How about Trippier guys do any of ye have him your team or at least considering him?

How about Trippier guys do any of ye have him your team or at least considering him?

Considering him alright. After Man U, Spurs they have a decent run of games and if Trippier settles quickly he could take good advantage of that.

For 5.5 though I think there are other more settled Defenders (Mert, Bellerin etc.)for the initial few games and you can keep an eye on him and see how he does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement