Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslow problem

Options
  • 09-07-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I have a Gas low gas system.
    Worked fine last year.
    Cannot get any of 3 rings to work now.
    My problem at this stage is that I'm not sure which way the various switches work.
    The dial nearthe cylinder head Iindicates almost full, I used very little last year.
    Just after the dial there is a Truma 3rd bar unit followed by a switch, should it be at right angles or parallel to the gas pipe to be open?
    There are 4 isolator switches just below the gas rings, same question.
    Should they be horizontal with the incoming gas pipe or vertical and so aligned with the pipes continuing into the various devices, rings, cooker etc?

Could it be that all 3 gas ring outlets are blocked simultaneously? Spark ignition is fine.

None of the screwdriver heads fit the heads, they seem to be possibly 5 headed but could be worn, unit is 7 hears old.

I have tried all 4 combinations of my 2 switches.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Piuswal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

piuswal wrote: »
    I have a Gas low gas system.
    Worked fine last year.
    Cannot get any of 3 rings to work now.
    My problem at this stage is that I'm not sure which way the various switches work.
    The dial nearthe cylinder head Iindicates almost full, I used very little last year.
    Just after the dial there is a Truma 3rd bar unit followed by a switch, should it be at right angles or parallel to the gas pipe to be open?
    There are 4 isolator switches just below the gas rings, same question.
    Should they be horizontal with the incoming gas pipe or vertical and so aligned with the pipes continuing into the various devices, rings, cooker etc?

Could it be that all 3 gas ring outlets are blocked simultaneously? Spark ignition is fine.

None of the screwdriver heads fit the heads, they seem to be possibly 5 headed but could be worn, unit is 7 hears old.

I have tried all 4 combinations of my 2 switches.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Piuswal

Should read: Truma 30 mbar unit: having problems with The erratic wifi system here on campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I would say the switch near the cylinder should be parallel and the ones under the rings should be vertical (in line with the pipes going to the appliances). It sounds like mine. There is a little manifold with four knobs that should line up with the pipes leaving the manifold when they are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

LPG can leech plasticiser from normal flexible hoses and it can gum up the regulator. Also some regulators have a push button on the side that pops if the flow rate exceeds a certain amount to prevent large leaks.

Oven not working either.

There seems to be a yellow button on regulator but it's immovable.

Hoses seem to be specific gaslow type.

Thanks for info to date.

Any ideas on a reputable service person in the greater Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

piuswal wrote: »
    Oven not working either.

There seems to be a yellow button on regulator but it's immovable.

Hoses seem to be specific gaslow type.

Thanks for info to date.

Any ideas on a reputable service person in the greater Dublin area?

Get a motorhome guy, not a domestic Rgi engineer. Ger or Pat in Maynooth motorhomes wouldn't be too far from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Just ensure that there is actually gas in the bottle/s. The gauges on the bottles are not very accurate.

Ger in Maynooth solved the problem.

Disconnected the outlet hose from the main cylinder and released some gas, checking in fact if there was gas, reconnected and tried the rings and all were now working.

Confirmed the comments made about the problems with LPG in this country.

Said mine was one of the easier fixes - something, not clear what, was blocking the flow from the cylinder.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Advertisement