Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to view plans of a house

Options
  • 09-07-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

i am currently keeping an eye out for nice house designs and iv recently spotted one I pass by on a regular basis. I am wondering is there someplace online that I can view the floor plan of that house. I'm looking at building over next year or two.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i am currently keeping an eye out for nice house designs and iv recently spotted one I pass by on a regular basis. I am wondering is there someplace online that I can view the floor plan of that house. I'm looking at building over next year or two.

Local planning offcie.
    If they are not on site, you can get them from the archive but it will cost you €50 IIRC.

You could check the council online portal first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

kceire wrote: »

You could check the council online portal first though.

Yep after 2005 they started uploading all the docs.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,650 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

remember that designs are copyright and you cannot use anyone elses with permission from the designer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

sydthebeat wrote: »
    remember that designs are copyright and you cannot use anyone elses with permission from the designer

Yeah, the title block will give away who had designed em, would be worth calling them.

If the house is a few years old OP, the Regs have changed alot in the last few years so they would need to be updated, wont just be a simple matter of copy and paste.

Advertisement