Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump for my IBC Tank?

Options
  • 09-07-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Ok so in advance of paying for water by the drop in the not so distant future I have now got an IBC collecting rainwater located immediately behind the Garage (which has a mains power supply.)

What I want to do is buy a pump - stick it in the Garage and feed it from the IBC via pipes fed through two holes (rainwater in & then pumped rainwater out) in the back of the Garage wall so I can then use a regular hose around the garden for general watering of hedges, trees etc.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience - What pump I'd need, what bar rating for same and where to buy etc.

- Plus any tips on making this a good and rounded solution. For example I know my Grundfos shower pump automatically turns on when it senses water flow so I thought it would be nice if this could be the same where if the valve on the end of the hose was opened the pump would turn on automatically etc.

Advertisement