Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Interesting planning in for the burnt out building on Main street. Big retail space. Worth a look online at the plans

The one from 19/8/16?
    All I see is - "RENOVATE AND EXTEND EXISTING COMMERCIAL UNIT WHICH INCLUDES NEW SHOP FRONT, REAR EXTENSION AND INTERNAL ALTERATIONS ALONG WITH ALL ANCILLARY WORKS."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The one from 19/8/16? All I see is - "RENOVATE AND EXTEND EXISTING COMMERCIAL UNIT WHICH INCLUDES NEW SHOP FRONT, REAR EXTENSION AND INTERNAL ALTERATIONS ALONG WITH ALL ANCILLARY WORKS."

The application is by Jackita Ltd. No. 16589. Look through related documents

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Which means it will be something Staunton's related.

Xenji wrote: »
    Which means it will be something Staunton's related.
    Certainly, They own the building

Oh right, I saw that a while ago, does seem interesting.

• Advertisement

Any word on who reserved the old Mayo advertiser building?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Connaught Telegraph posted this during the week? Anyone know where/what and when this is about??

Connaught Telegraph posted this during the week? Anyone know where/what and when this is about??

Nursing home beside the new health complex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

naughto wrote: »
    Where are they going in to?
    I see the unit across from the bus stop is reserved

Mr Price is going in there - passed it this evening and it's plastered in Mr Price posters.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

maudgonner wrote: »
    Mr Price is going in there - passed it this evening and it's plastered in Mr Price posters.

Whats that place like? Discount shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Whats that place like? Discount shop?

Yep. Opened up a lot of new stores lately.

110 jobs is probably Northgate.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Yep. Opened up a lot of new stores lately.

Oh it's a chain? The signs and stickers on the store look awful.

110 jobs is probably Northgate.

Northgate sold off its Public Service Division in late 2014, I am not sure why papers still run with stories of them opening in town.

Shame the town is filling up with hairdressers, beauticians and discount stores at the moment, more jobs are always welcome, but these are all high turnover positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Xenji wrote: »
    Northgate sold off its Public Service Division in late 2014, I am not sure why papers still run with stories of them opening in town.

Shame the town is filling up with hairdressers, beauticians and discount stores at the moment, more jobs are always welcome, but these are all high turnover positions.

The amount of hairdressers in Castlebar is unbelievable. I grew up in London in an area with 300k people and I am sure there were not as many hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

It's mental alright the amount of them how can they all stay in business is beyond me.

I never set foot in one. But there is loads of them nationwide. That's another I can't work out how all these discount stores stay open.

Also the petrol retailers will tell you there is no money in fuel. Considering every single petrol station in Castlebar has been done up lately. Someone is telling porkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's a chain, but they've definitely got a cheap & cheerful approach when it comes to presentation/marketing.

They've got a couple of shops in Galway. I haven't been in the Westside one, but the one in Terryland has barely got a shopfront and has a bit of a warehouse feel to it. Whether by accident or by design, they give the impression that they're a "stack 'em high, flog 'em cheap" business that keeps prices low by cutting out the frills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

There the Ryanair of discounts stores

There is a Mr Price in Ballina now too with a good while, any opening date for the castlebar store?

• Advertisement

is some one moving into APC. compnay in ripping all the trees and bushes out which spelled APC out the front.

irishgeo wrote:
    is some one moving into APC. compnay in ripping all the trees and bushes out which spelled APC out the front.

Think Baxter are moving in

Another new restaurant in Castlebar. 'The Pizza Brothers' in the Humbert mall, looks nice but I haven't tried it yet, Anyone been in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Another new restaurant in Castlebar. 'The Pizza Brothers' in the Humbert mall, looks nice but I haven't tried it yet, Anyone been in?

The very best of good luck to them!

Horrible location though but they do have a unique angle on pizza, for Castlebar at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Was in Saturday night and it was very busy. They have a sit in option too but they were struggling to manage takeouts and sit-ins, just teething issues at the start. Got the pulled pork pizza and it was very nice. They do burgers and salads too. Guy behind the counter said they were so busy Friday night they ran out of dough!

Just noticed it today, looks good.

Dealz are opening in the old Flannellys Pub site, Castlebar. Hardly a high end boutique but at least a long derelict spot will be filled in the town centre

Good to see another unit filled, but you have 6 discount shops within a minute of each other now, Castlebar has become Mayo's discount shopping mecha.

Dealz are opening in the old Flannellys Pub site, Castlebar. Hardly a high end boutique but at least a long derelict spot will be filled in the town centre

Finally a key building that has long sat empty is being used. It's nice to see something open in the old town for a change too. Yes, it's dealz but better than nothing. Nice to see investment

• Advertisement

Mr Price is opening the 29th of Sepetember according to their Facebook page

Good stuff, I'm not familiar with that pub where is that located? :)

Advertisement