Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I notice that the TF has resubmitted its plans for the Coffee shop/restaurant under the stage near Shaws. Maybe old Starbucks are arriving after all? Any inside info on this Yop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I notice that the TF as resubmitted its plans for the Coffee shop/restaurant under the stage near Shaws. Maybe old Starbucks are arriving after all? Any inside info on this Yop?

cant see it. with costa coffee across the road.

irishgeo wrote: »
    cant see it. with costa coffee across the road.

Starbucks will open a shop even if there is a Starbucks across the road. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I notice that the TF has resubmitted its plans for the Coffee shop/restaurant under the stage near Shaws. Maybe old Starbucks are arriving after all? Any inside info on this Yop?

Course I do, but everyone knows the ins and outs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Have Lidl confirmed that they are closing the store in Bury St?

Perhaps they may have 2 stores as both located in different parts of the town.

• Advertisement

Refurbishment of the Old post office to begin shortly. it will be nice to see that building in use again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Refurbishment of the Old post office to begin shortly. it will be nice to see that building in use again

Whats going in there?

yop wrote: »
    Whats going in there?

A youth Centre run by Foroige I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I see Northgate are advertising for Jobbridge positions.

Xenji wrote: »

Surprise surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Xenji wrote: »

Is jobbrige that incentive where they pay €50 on top of dole money.

And u work 39 hrs

P_Cash wrote: »
    Is jobbrige that incentive where they pay €50 on top of dole money.

And u work 39 hrs

It is indeed. Irelands best number massager and exploitation avenue.
    Its nothing short of disgusting that someone with 5 years experience in a qualified field is been asked to the a role as a scambridger.

It is indeed. Irelands best number massager and exploitation avenue.
    Its nothing short of disgusting that someone with 5 years experience in a qualified field is been asked to the a role as a scambridger.

Ya completely agree,
    Castlebar is going down and down and down.

I stood reading the planning appl across from shaws the last day for the coffee shop/starbucks,

A few people and council has the town ruined so much that neither high end jobs or commercial businesses will ever come now..

The layout of the town and availability of decent quality property in a small area is a major factor.

As I'm lucky to have a good job, the company i work for needs people, but they view it as people won't stay around here,

A relatively new colleague here has moved from the north and thinks the quality of even houses in Castlebar is laughable.

Even if we could get people to paint there units in Castlebar would be a start. .

Where are them jobs been advertised. I'd be curious to see the equivalent jobs in UK for Northgate and what the salary is.

Where are them jobs been advertised. I'd be curious to see the equivalent jobs in UK for Northgate and what the salary is.

http://ie.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=48a8ddb8a098774d

Another one has already either been filled or taken down for clerical work.

P_Cash wrote: »
    Ya completely agree,
    Castlebar is going down and down and down.

I stood reading the planning appl across from shaws the last day for the coffee shop/starbucks,

A few people and council has the town ruined so much that neither high end jobs or commercial businesses will ever come now..

The layout of the town and availability of decent quality property in a small area is a major factor.

As I'm lucky to have a good job, the company i work for needs people, but they view it as people won't stay around here,

A relatively new colleague here has moved from the north and thinks the quality of even houses in Castlebar is laughable.

Even if we could get people to paint there units in Castlebar would be a start. .

If they are hiring in Castlebar could you drop me a PM, have a family member coming back from abroad who would be interested.

planning back in for the coffee shop at the tf and the also spotted planning in for the new ida tech building.

planning back in for the coffee shop at the tf and the also spotted planning in for the new ida tech building.

What will they put into that? Create a few jobs to build it, then sit there like so many tech buildings around the country.

What will they put into that? Create a few jobs to build it, then sit there like so many tech buildings around the country.

at least the ida tried.

at least the ida tried.

They need to fill them though. All the jobs going into the large concentration centres and yet these building sitting with no jobs to fill them

• Advertisement

They need to fill them though. All the jobs going into the large concentration centres and yet these building sitting with no jobs to fill them

you preaching to converted here. i totally agree.

you preaching to converted here. i totally agree.

Ha ha, I know! I give up at this stage with them

Dealz are advertising for jobs in their new Castlebar store. Hardly high end trading but hopefully they can pay a few wages and fill a unit. part of the old Homebase unit I believe.

I also seen planning in for 87 Houses/apartments on the Westport road. don't see that too often these days, hopefully a sign of something good or not or whatever. It a resurrection of the college view/woods? estate that fell foul of the great economic nosedive. things are happening people! or not? who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Dealz are advertising for jobs in their new Castlebar store. Hardly high end trading but hopefully they can pay a few wages and fill a unit. part of the old Homebase unit I believe.

I also seen planning in for 87 Houses/apartments on the Westport road. don't see that too often these days, hopefully a sign of something good or not or whatever. It a resurrection of the college view/woods? estate that fell foul of the great economic nosedive. things are happening people! or not? who knows?

Yeah my neighbor got the contract to finish off the houses in that estate, good to see it being finally finished, one less ghost estate

Yeah my neighbor got the contract to finish off the houses in that estate, good to see it being finally finished, one less ghost estate

Are they going to finish the doctors surgery, shop and creche that was supposed to be included in the development.

Boland's shop is being fitted for a new Business. Anyone know what is going in? Good to see it was not empty for too long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Are they going to finish the doctors surgery, shop and creche that was supposed to be included in the development.

Would have no idea, sorry!

Boland's shop is being fitted for a new Business. Anyone know what is going in? Good to see it was not empty for too long anyway.

It's going to be a phone/laptop shop, doing repairs and unlocking, not the high quality shop you'd like to see on your towns main street but at least the unit is being used instead of being left empty

[quote="It's going to be a phone/laptop shop, doing repairs and unlocking, not the high quality shop you'd like to see on your towns main street but at least the unit is being used instead of being left empty[/quote]

Awh, i think I'd prefer an empty unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Sad to read of 60 job losses at Ballinrobe.

Irish Pride founders and staff worked very hard to establish that firm

• Advertisement

nuac wrote: »
    Sad to read of 60 job losses at Ballinrobe.

Irish Pride founders and staff worked very hard to establish that firm

Real shame that indeed, knew a couple of lads who worked there. A big blow for Brobe that.
    I don't see it in the national media either, but hardly surprised at that. :rolleyes:

Advertisement