Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

E-On are using Mayo as its Irish test site for Drone Energy
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/innovation/energy-generating-drones-get-clearance-for-3m-take-off-in-mayo-1.3045271

Looks promising and might generate some jobs locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

statto25 wrote: »
    E-On are using Mayo as its Irish test site for Drone Energy
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/innovation/energy-generating-drones-get-clearance-for-3m-take-off-in-mayo-1.3045271

Looks promising and might generate some jobs locally.

nowhere does it state exactly where in mayo

irishgeo wrote: »

No it doesn't, not sure what you are getting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Up in the air!

No it doesn't, not sure what you are getting at?

i was just curious as to where exactly :D.

I wonder how this would work thats all.

• Advertisement

i was just curious as to where exactly :D.

I wonder how this would work thats all.

Ah sound! The drones act like kites and are anchored to a turbine with a cable. The wind then catches the drones pulling the cable and the turbine spins generating the power. It will be near a coastline so could be Belmullet?

Ah sound! The drones act like kites and are anchored to a turbine with a cable. The wind then catches the drones pulling the cable and the turbine spins generating the power. It will be near a coastline so could be Belmullet?

would more than one be used.

whats going to stop the storm force 11 taking the whole lot about 5 miles inshore.

I aware its not going to fly in high winds but its still going to be out in the elements.

would more than one be used.

whats going to stop the storm force 11 taking the whole lot about 5 miles inshore.

I aware its not going to fly in high winds but its still going to be out in the elements.

Not a clue. Google is your friend for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

PARlance wrote:
    Up in the air!

And over the water

Work has begun refurbishing the old Wynnes building on Main st. Castlebar. Not sure what is planned but it's the owners of castle bookshop who are behind it I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Work has begun refurbishing the old Wynnes building on Main st. Castlebar. Not sure what is planned but it's the owners of castle bookshop who are behind it I believe

Great to hear that.

At least three generations of Wynnes were there. Good book shop in its time.

Wish the new owners every success

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Council rejected the planning application for the 64 House estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Council rejected the planning application for the 64 House estate.

Any idea on what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Any idea on what grounds?
    I'd also be interested to know the reason.

Nothing showing on the Mayo Co. Co. Planning website (relevant link below). I’ll check again tomorrow as it’s usually a day or two later the information becomes publicly available. If the planners told the client it would be refused then they could have withdrawn it and therefore the website won’t give a reason, just a withdrawn note.

http://www.mayococo.ie/PlanSearch/mcc4/PlanningViewer/displayafile.asp?filenum=16989&la=1

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

As per the CT.

The reasons outlined for refusal include the fact that the site, at Humbert Way (off the N5 link road), is located in an area zoned open space/amenity in the Castlebar and Environs Development Plan (2008/2014).

Another reason given for refusal is the fact that part of the site is located in an area deemed to be at risk of flooding.

Planners also say the proposed development is 'poorly designed' and 'would seriously injure the amenities of existing dwellings in the vicinity or depreciate the value of property in the area'.

Richie71 wrote: »
    As per the CT.

The reasons outlined for refusal include the fact that the site, at Humbert Way (off the N5 link road), is located in an area zoned open space/amenity in the Castlebar and Environs Development Plan (2008/2014).

Another reason given for refusal is the fact that part of the site is located in an area deemed to be at risk of flooding.

Planners also say the proposed development is 'poorly designed' and 'would seriously injure the amenities of existing dwellings in the vicinity or depreciate the value of property in the area'.

if the devlopment plan is 3 years old how than that be used against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

If it's a flood risk then that's enough of a reason in my view. Far to many houses built during the boom which has since flooded and now can't get insurance and the houses are almost worthless.

Would have thought they'd have reviewed the flood risk before applying for permission.

Looks like a new shoe shop opening on Main st. Castlebar. Good to see another vacant unit filled

Looks like a new shoe shop opening on Main st. Castlebar. Good to see another vacant unit filled

Where on the street WY?

What's going in beside McDonald's. I see its closed off and construction site signs up.

Caseys are doing a huge revamp of the shop as well.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote:
    Where on the street WY?

The one that had mayo revision centre in it on and off. Between Staunton and Leo Doherty's old new shop

The one that had mayo revision centre in it on and off. Between Staunton and Leo Doherty's old new shop

Its going to be a fashion/sports shop. Its an Elverys venture I believe. They have another in Sligo

statto25 wrote:
    Its going to be a fashion/sports shop. Its an Elverys venture I believe. They have another in Sligo

Makes sense. Stauntons own that building

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Thou wrote:
    The Athlete's foot

Cool. Horrible name though!

Caseys are doing a huge revamp of the shop as well.

I'll head back there when they're done with it. Popped in last week at lunchtime and by the time I got to the food counter, you could taste the dust. The few plastic sheets they had up weren't up to much.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'll head back there when they're done with it. Popped in last week at lunchtime and by the time I got to the food counter, you could taste the dust. The few plastic sheets they had up weren't up to much.

I came in the back door in the evening and I nearly tripped over 2 tilers in the middle of the the floor.

Doherty's and The Athletes Foot now open on Main Street, Castlebar. Great to see the street coming back to life.

PARlance wrote: »
    Doherty's and The Athletes Foot now open on Main Street, Castlebar. Great to see the street coming back to life.
    I bought some nice runners in the Athlete's Foot earlier, good addition to the street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Athlete's Foot :eek:

Advertisement