Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

It was coming all right. Fine building that there in I presume they own it out and will rent it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

that Building would make a super venue, pub / restaurant etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

6541 wrote: »

would another pub down that end of the town have enough custom to make it.

i can count about 6 or 7 pubs within about 500 meters off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

irishgeo wrote:
    would another pub down that end of the town have enough custom to make it.

If there are a few good venues in close proximity they feed off each other

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Dealz are currently recruiting staff for a new Castlebar store.

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »

The pub restaurant in tourmac is doing very well.id be surprised if it wasn't the same again.
    With the new restaurant sapose to be going up across the road it would do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

naughto wrote: »
    The pub restaurant in tourmac is doing very well.id be surprised if it wasn't the same again.
    With the new restaurant sapose to be going up across the road it would do well.

The pub/restaurant is in Partry, not Tourmakeady. He also purchased that pub on the far side of Bohola with the plan to turn it onto a Truck Stop Cafe. They seem to be retaining the upstairs part of the Gift Shop so will be interesting to see what they do with the lower level.

The Reason I say it would be a great venue is look at the Location and size of the building, massive potential there in the right hands of course. Bridge Street has completely changed the dynamic in Castlebar for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ureds wrote: »
    Dealz are currently recruiting staff for a new Castlebar store.

Are they still meant to be going into were Flannellys pub used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I see the Galway roast has gone, replaced by cuppa Joe's.

Is it just a name change or has it changed hands?

Galway roast was a terrible name for a Cafe. One thing no one will ever associate galway with is expertise or a tradition in coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Name change for similar reasons I'd imagine

Is it just a name change or has it changed hands?

Yep. Just a name change to break from the Franchise

Yep. Just a name change to break from the Franchise

How did they manage to franchise "Galway Roast" it's not like they are all over the place and have a big brand built up?

Anyway, I assume as it's just a name change it's the same people and staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

statto25 wrote: »
    The pub/restaurant is in Partry, not Tourmakeady. He also purchased that pub on the far side of Bohola with the plan to turn it onto a Truck Stop Cafe. They seem to be retaining the upstairs part of the Gift Shop so will be interesting to see what they do with the lower level.

The previous owner of the spice house is the main chef in that place in Partry. He's a lovely lad and when he was in the kitchen in the spice house the food was amazing.

How did they manage to franchise "Galway Roast" it's not like they are all over the place and have a big brand built up?

Think there was half a dozen or so about the place. One if the stands in Norwich city football ground is named after them! Same staff etc

Think there was half a dozen or so about the place. One if the stands in Norwich city football ground is named after them! Same staff etc

Wow, I thought you were making that up. They had their sponsorship terminated in November last year for failing to meet payments seemingly.

I find this absolutely baffling, the whole thing. Think I might start a company called "The Mayo Crossiant". Sure Mayo has never and will never be known for such things but it clearly doesn't matter. I just can't understand the logic behind it.

I am hearing that the TF is back and will be in Full swing for the Christmas period. Pat is back !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They roast the coffee in Tuam, they're an actual coffee roasting company so the name makes sense in that regard I guess.

Having said that my mum went in expecting carvery dinners when it first opened because of the 'Roast' in the name :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They roast the coffee in Tuam, they're an actual coffee roasting company so the name makes sense in that regard I guess.

Having said that my mum went in expecting carvery dinners when it first opened because of the 'Roast' in the name :pac:

Ah, Tuam, the world renowned Coffee roasting Town.

law down tiles in hall and kitchen, do up a bathroom knock a concrete wall and open up room move kitchen from current location to further out in back lawn i.e extension etc dryline all the walls put in a new kitchen re do back lawn build a concrete shed out the back replace current stairs paint outside and inside of house, new carpet all round etc etc

Hmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Best wishes to the Jennings family for 2017 and onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are now aiming for the new swimming pool to be opened at some point during the second quarter of 2018 barring anymore further delays.

I heard that they got the levels of the swimming pool incorrect and this is what caused the delay !

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Xenji wrote: »
    They are now aiming for the new swimming pool to be opened at some point during the second quarter of 2018 barring anymore further delays.

I think Q2 is being very optimistic, I'd be estimating an opening date of Sept
    http://www.mayonews.ie/news/30901-construction-on-castlebar-swimming-pool-a-year-behind-schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Hastings have been in business in Westport for at least 70 years. Decent people, highly regarded locally

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mode note: please don't post anything like that unless you've a link. Statements like that leave boards.ie wide open

New DPD couriers depot in Castlebar to create 25 jobs; according to the Connaught

The photo shop down beside danolas is going in to health shop beside the Irish house

Seen fellas removing the kitchen equipment from Mama Mia restaurant earlier.

• Advertisement

Seen fellas removing the kitchen equipment from Mama Mia restaurant earlier.

Could just be a replacement of stuff?

Advertisement