Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the tf theater so cold at the sharon shannon gig that she went off stage to get her jacket. no heating on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

irishgeo wrote: »
    the tf theater so cold at the sharon shannon gig that she went off stage to get her jacket. no heating on at all.

She will not be coming back there in future by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Xenji wrote: »
    Is Bosh closing down or just changing hands?

Id like to know this, I dont go there much but still a nice spot and hope it doesn't close. I was in Rockys and Cox's last night and both places booming. Had a pint today in Bridge Street today, a few in there nice staff and place is growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is Bosh closing down or just changing hands?

Bosh has been closing for the last 3 January's. It may well close but the rumour goes around a lot.

25,000+ attendees for Mayo on Ice apparently (The Connaught), think that was their target / a figure they would be very happy with, in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

PARlance wrote: »
    Bosh has been closing for the last 3 January's. It may well close but the rumour goes around a lot.

25,000+ attendees for Mayo on Ice apparently (The Connaught), think that was their target / a figure they would be very happy with, in advance.

You are right 3 years or more, rumours like that hurt businesses, suppliers get very nervous around giving them credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

voz es wrote:
    You are right 3 years or more, rumours like that hurt businesses, suppliers get very nervous around giving them credit.

The Coxes rumour has been going for at least 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Bosh have updated their FB profile pic to "Believe"......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

another case where development levies were reduced again with ABP calling the systems confusing.

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/31384-abp-reduces-contribution-levies-on-achill-hostel-by-over-30k

Are you mayo co co just on a money grab? Seems very suspicious that this must be the 3rd or 4th case of a levies reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Shoe Zone have a closing down sale on Ballina.The lease is up in March and won't be renewed.

irishgeo wrote: »
    another case where development levies were reduced again with ABP calling the systems confusing.

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/31384-abp-reduces-contribution-levies-on-achill-hostel-by-over-30k

Are you mayo co co just on a money grab? Seems very suspicious that this must be the 3rd or 4th case of a levies reduction.

Absolute lunacy, they would want to get their act together. We only hear about the cases that are appealed, how many more have decided not to invest based on estimations from them.

• Advertisement

Dealz Ballina store opening on Saturday January 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

"Mr Price" opening a shop in Swinford at beginning of February I think

https://twitter.com/radiomidwest/status/954005485614592001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Mr Price, Dealz phone repair shops are not good shops to have on main streets. They are just tacky English pound shops that suck all profits out of Ireland and offer zero hours contracts.

6541 wrote: »
    Mr Price, Dealz phone repair shops are not good shops to have on main streets. They are just tacky English pound shops that suck all profits out of Ireland and offer zero hours contracts.

You obviously don't know much about Mr Price

You obviously don't know much about Mr Price

Am I wrong, if so I am willing to be corrected.

100% Irish

Started off with one shop, now showing great enterprise popping up in many smaller towns
    And in terms of what they sell, I'd suggest a browse some day, Any school goers / students I know now get their stationery / materials there instead of Eason / Tesco etc.

IMO, they are a few steps above any kinda €2 shop
    Stuff you buy in those shops are disposable and you know it when you are buying it

Mr Price has the same stuff as Tesco / Eason (stationery etc) as well as your confectionery / toiletries, at very competitive prices.

You could be right about the zero contracts as they are rampant in the retail sector, the government is looking to ban them thankfully, but Mr Price is an Irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

You could be right about the zero contracts as they are rampant in the retail sector, the government is looking to ban them thankfully, but Mr Price is an Irish company.

There advertising posters are cat

"AN Bord Pleanàla has given the green light for a major commercial development at Main Street and Linenhall Street in Castlebar with work due to start in March. Read the full story in this week's issue of The Connaught Telegraph."

Connaught Telegraph Facebook Page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Finally, it will be great to see something positive in the middle of town

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

"AN Bord Plean has given the green light for a major commercial development at Main Street and Linenhall Street in Castlebar with work due to start in March. Read the full story in this week's issue of The Connaught Telegraph."

Connaught Telegraph Facebook Page

The Report is here: http://cspwprdfe.cloudapp.net/documents/reports/248/R248787.pdf

Pity this has taken so long when you read the report is seems like the woman appealing has no understanding of how planning works.

12 element wrote: »
    The Report is here: http://cspwprdfe.cloudapp.net/documents/reports/248/R248787.pdf

Pity this has taken so long when you read the report is seems like the woman appealing has no understanding of how planning works.

She is the sister in law of a very prominent past politician in town.

naughto wrote: »
    I don’t think the nightclubs in town did much business over the Christmas heard from a good few that they went to the tf and left after 20 mins cos the place was bitter cold no heat on.
    Same with the lounge very small crowds going to it again people complaining it was so cold.
    With bosh closing and rumours of Coxs aswell not a great start to the new yr.
    Have to say bridge street is an excellent pub thers so much going on.

Some young wan apparently fell down the stairs and is cleaning them out, shame really as it used to be good..

Some young wan apparently fell down the stairs and is cleaning them out, shame really as it used to be good..

Insurance covers that, it's the increase in insurance premium after an accident that will get you afaik.

Think there has been a couple of incidents.

But it's February and it's still open.

Insurance covers that, it's the increase in insurance premium after an accident that will get you afaik.

Think there has been a couple of incidents.

But it's February and it's still open.

**We don't do "Apparent".

According to the CT the current Castlebar St. Patricks Day parade committee have all stepped down, which has thrown the event in doubt unless new volunteers come forward.

The new look parade they hyped last year never materialized, so I am not surprised they stepped down, but it is very short notice.

Regardless of the renewed sense of optimism I had the pleasure of walking from Cathal Duffy's roundabout into town via Spenser street, that whole section of town is in a complete state of disrepair. The buildings are falling in on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

6541 wrote:
    Regardless of the renewed sense of optimism I had the pleasure of walking from Cathal Duffy's roundabout into town via Spenser street, that whole section of town is in a complete state of disrepair. The buildings are falling in on themselves.

Well that's a wild exaggeration. But don't let that stop you

• Advertisement

Seriously, have a look, the whole block that contains Hanely's shop, imperial hotel is falling in on itself. On Spenser street, old Morans pub and the buildings beside it are falling in on themselves. They will all need to be flattened.

Advertisement