Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Where is it? I don't think furniture shops need somewhere with footfall, people tend to be be ok driving out to them.

Ya need room for parking and theres a lot of steps

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have no idea where it is, and the Facebook page leaves me none the wiser. God, I hate Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I have no idea where it is, and the Facebook page leaves me none the wiser. God, I hate Facebook.

It's out the Newport Rd., opposite Griffiths Garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It's out the Newport Rd., opposite Griffiths Garage.

Here?

Not too far out of town but yes, the parking is crap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Here?

Not too far out of town but yes, the parking is crap there.

That brings me to a webpage in Italian. Is there one of those "Italian quarters" out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

nuac wrote: »
    That brings me to a webpage in Italian. Is there on of those Italian quarters out there?

Bizarre, i used a goog.le link to a google map, dunno what happened. Updated anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

I see a new restaurant, Le French Corner, has opened in Claremorris.

Haven't tried it yet but menu looks good. It's owned and run by a French chef and his Claremorris born wife.

It's located over Wardes' pub where the Chinese used to be. Facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/Le-French-Corner-2118722118340404/?ref=py_c

It's good to see new competition - should buck the others up to the benefit of customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Lissavane wrote: »
    I see a new restaurant, Le French Corner, has opened in Claremorris.

Haven't tried it yet but menu looks good. It's owned and run by a French chef and his Claremorris born wife.

It's located over Wardes' pub where the Chinese used to be. Facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/Le-French-Corner-2118722118340404/?ref=py_c

It's good to see new competition - should buck the others up to the benefit of customers!

Menu is good and reasonably priced, but I suspect priced will get bumped up when they get established...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Has Apache pizza closed in Castlebar??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

FaganJr wrote: »
    Has Apache pizza closed in Castlebar??

Looks like it, been closed for over a week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s been closed a month actually, happened very suddenly and no signs of it reopening either. “Technical difficulties” the reason given on their FB page, said they’d be closed for a day yet here we are a month later. Something not right about that anyway, they’re intentionally not giving the full story.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭FaganJr

martyos121 wrote:
    It’s been closed a month actually, happened very suddenly and no signs of it reopening either. “Technical difficulties†the reason given on their FB page, said they’d be closed for a day yet here we are a month later. Something not right about that anyway, they’re intentionally not giving the full story.

Rent pressure , upward only lease etc etc maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I see Tulsi in Castlebar has closed.

Real shame, they were there since 2000, I always really enjoyed the food there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

I see Tulsi in Castlebar has closed.

Real shame, they were there since 2000, I always really enjoyed the food there.
    got a takeaway a month ago there and it was terrible.and it was always top notch. Lana is cleaning up at the minute.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s been closed a month actually, happened very suddenly and no signs of it reopening either. “Technical difficulties” the reason given on their FB page, said they’d be closed for a day yet here we are a month later. Something not right about that anyway, they’re intentionally not giving the full story.

Sorry to hear that. Used to call in from time to time. Always found it well run and efficient.

It would be disgrace if they were caught in an upward only rent review.
    /
    Didn't FG promise prior to GE 2011 to abolish UOR clauses? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A food outlet closes suddenly, upward only rent reviews wouldn't be the first thing that jumps to mind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PARlance wrote: »
    A food outlet closes suddenly, upward only rent reviews wouldn't be the first thing that jumps to mind tbh.

if its food safety issue, a notice would be stuck to the door.

Tulsi: Turns out they had closed for refurbishment, I got a generic text this evening saying they had re opened after refurbishment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Praise the lord, I would have badly missed them. They closed a a couple of months ago for a short period too iirc.

That newer Indian on main street is pretty good too though in fairness (name escapes me), their onion bhaji is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Glad to see the West on Bridge St Westport has reopened.

An important and long established venue

nuac wrote: »
    Glad to see the West on Bridge St Westport has reopened.

An important and long established venue

Yep, great to see. Have you been in yet? Did they make any changes inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Yep, great to see. Have you been in yet? Did they make any changes inside?

Totally different pub now as the bar has moved location.
    Out the back / upstairs similiar enough.
    Very well finished thoigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Totally different pub now as the bar has moved location.
    Out the back / upstairs similiar enough.
    Very well finished thoigh

Where they selling fat frogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

naughto wrote: »
    Where they selling fat frogs?

Twas an amphibian free zone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The KFC in Castlebar rumour which has been around for years seems to be finally coming to fruition, The company that has the KFC and Pizza hut franchises in Ireland have applied for planning to Construct a restaurant in Castlebar retail park

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not surprised about the location, over a quarter of KFC stores are located in retail parks in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice to see it finally happening, but the novelty of it has well and truly worn off for me at this stage. More jobs for the town is never a bad thing though of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Anyone hear of a new cafe opening in Castlebar? Heard through grapevine someone opening one in Castlebar and Westport and later one in Ballina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of a new cafe opening in Castlebar? Heard through grapevine someone opening one in Castlebar and Westport and later one in Ballina

The building under construction in market Square is a new cafe I think with Appartment above. It's on the Credit Union side as you go up the hill. Not sure if that's the one you're on about.

Advertisement