Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bogfairy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

There is a big round what looks like a window but could be a a signage area reminiscent of Starbucks design. Hopefully it's an independent operation.

Won't be Starbucks, the look for minium footfall which castlebar couldn't deliver. Also doubt it's an independent, can't be a cheap spot or projet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Won't be Starbucks, the look for minium footfall which castlebar couldn't deliver. Also doubt it's an independent, can't be a cheap spot or projet.

And I don't think it's Costa either. Apparently they are going into the Woodies/Harvey Norman car park. The corner as you turn off from the Breaffy Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone for a Caffe Nero ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I wonder with the Ivy Tower, should a business that has the tragedy of its driving force passing away be afforded to renege on their debts (function room move) and expect support?

You know what, if they came out to those who lost so much due to them not paying them their dues and and offered a percentage of profits until paid back, it would stand to them in the minds of many. If they are as honest and as decent as people say on this surely it would be in their nature to do such a thing anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you can see a drive through lane on the plans

the 2 lanes next to the coffee shop is the entrance and exit lane to the underground car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

voz es wrote: »
    I wonder with the Ivy Tower, should a business that has the tragedy of its driving force passing away be afforded to renege on their debts (function room move) and expect support?

You know what, if they came out to those who lost so much due to them not paying them their dues and and offered a percentage of profits until paid back, it would stand to them in the minds of many. If they are as honest and as decent as people say on this surely it would be in their nature to do such a thing anyhow.

It goes back a lot longer than the unfortunate passing.

what happened the glass recycling banks at mayo co co?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Skyfish

They were moved to Tesco/dunnes stores carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Skyfish

There is a fancy looking recycling point at the Archway stores end of castlestreet carpark for a good while now

• Advertisement

Skyfish wrote: »
    There is a fancy looking recycling point at the Archway stores end of castlestreet carpark for a good while now

It is either overused or rarely collected there, bags of recycling are constantly being left beside the bins in recent times.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is either overused or rarely collected there, bags of recycling are constantly being left beside the bins in recent times.

Spotted 2 bags hiding behind the bins this afternoon in the castle St car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

irishgeo wrote: »
    the 2 lanes next to the coffee shop is the entrance and exit lane to the underground car park.

there is a one way lane around it also though

there is a one way lane around it also though

Access for TKMaxx I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Access for TKMaxx I'd say

it literally says on it “one way acess route to service drive thru”

The idea for a new outdoor music festival in Castlebar is being bandied about, organizers hope that it would bring in 66000 people to the town over a weekend in 2019, the last time something big was planned was in 2015 and it was cancelled due to well the lack of everything, the event in the Barracks on Saturday was a bit of a shambles as well.

The idea for a new outdoor music festival in Castlebar is being bandied about, organizers hope that it would bring in 66000 people to the town over a weekend in 2019, the last time something big was planned was in 2015 and it was cancelled due to well the lack of everything, the event in the Barracks on Saturday was a bit of a shambles as well.

66000 are going to stay where?

The event on Saturday was attended by thousands. it was a great event.

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/32266-demolition-of-healy-s-hotel-appealed

All that wrong with the planning system in Ireland. Someone living in Belgium objecting to a development.

The event on Saturday was attended by thousands. it was a great event.

Brought my grandfather up and a few of his friends who all were in Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil back in the 50s and 60s and they were very disappointed with the promised military exhibitions and talks.

Saw quite a few people just walking through the Springfield entrance and having a quick look and exiting through the Mall entrance, it was great for kids, but very disappointing for people coming for the historical aspect.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    http://www.mayonews.ie/news/32266-demolition-of-healy-s-hotel-appealed

All that wrong with the planning system in Ireland. Someone living in Belgium objecting to a development.

She first opposed it in September of last year, she had a address in Dublin at that point, it basically reads the same this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

All that wrong with the planning system in Ireland. Someone living in Belgium objecting to a development.[/quote]

The woman objecting has the same surname as previous owners.

Brought my grandfather up and a few of his friends who all were in Fórsa Cosanta Áitiúil back in the 50s and 60s and they were very disappointed with the promised military exhibitions and talks.

Saw quite a few people just walking through the Springfield entrance and having a quick look and exiting through the Mall entrance, it was great for kids, but very disappointing for people coming for the historical aspect.

it was called Cruinnui na nOg. it was a children's festival

In fairness, the Ice Skating was a big success. Granted, it was a private company that ran it but the Chamber seemed to do a fair bit to attract and promote it.

I would be very sceptical about them organising a concert but that's just my nature anyway. I'm wondering how they came to 66,000... 2 nights in McHale Park???

No way can Castlebar accommodate that type of crowd.

What was shambolic about the weekend? I didn't go up but anything I saw on facebook was fairly underwhelming.

it was called Cruinnui na nOg. it was a children's festival

It was called Cruinniu @ the Barracks and was not meant to be just a childrens festival, but that is just what it turned out to be, hence the issue.

sb0kn5.jpg

Cruinnui na nOg is a national childrens festival funded by Creative Ireland https://creative.ireland.ie/cruinniu which was held across the country at many different venues. Cruinnui@thebarracks refers to the location it was being held at in Castlebar. I am sorry it is not what you expected but this seemingly never ending stream of negativity is a a real problem for Castlebar.
    I was present for all of the event on Saturday and witnessed many happy participants taking part in the various activities throughout the day.

Cruinnui na nOg is a national childrens festival funded by Creative Ireland https://creative.ireland.ie/cruinniu which was held across the country at many different venues. Cruinnui@thebarracks refers to the location it was being held at in Castlebar. I am sorry it is not what you expected but this seemingly never ending stream of negativity is a a real problem for Castlebar.
    I was present for all of the event on Saturday and witnessed many happy participants taking part in the various activities throughout the day.

I stand corrected sorry, it's actually the first I have heard of the organization.

The information he had seemed to have came from the Council which made it sound quite different from how the website you linked described it, which was more of what I saw, they thought it was more meant to be a celebration of the history of the barracks and military oriented to an extent.

I stand corrected sorry, it's actually the first I have heard of the organization.

The information he had seemed to have came from the Council which made it sound quite different from how the website you linked described it, which was more of what I saw, they thought it was more meant to be a celebration of the history of the barracks and military oriented to an extent.

No worries, an event like the one you describe would be great, it's a shame to see such a history filled and impressive place go uncelebrated and being so under utilised and crumbling in parts.

On a more positive note, I believe the council have appointed a manager to the barracks to change that situation

My father in law was around and was going to call in. He had spotted an advert for it in one of the local papers. The ad certainly didn't scream "kids day out". From the advert, the general consensus in the house was that the kids would be bored at it.

We spotted some live streams on Facebook early in the day: A fire safety demonstration, a brass band and another of a crowd being told that jiving and line dancing was about to start. I think people could be forgiven for thinking it wasn't a kids day out between that and the promotional material.

Turlough House it was, fantastic new playground out there.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    My father in law was around and was going to call in. He had spotted an advert for it in one of the local papers. The ad certainly didn't scream "kids day out". From the advert, the general consensus in the house was that the kids would be bored at it.

We spotted some live streams on Facebook early in the day: A fire safety demonstration, a brass band and another of a crowd being told that jiving and line dancing was about to start. I think people could be forgiven for thinking it wasn't a kids day out between that and the promotional material.

Turlough House it was, fantastic new playground out there.

yep. That's the problem when the powers that be have no real strategy for promotion and tourism or whatever. mixed messages, poor communication and different people pulling in different directions. there is no real way to express this to the council as far as I know anyway

Advertisement