Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

An awful waste of rate payers money with the Council having paid €130,000 for it originally.

Why did the Council pay the inflated rate in the first place?

Maybe more importantly ,Who did the Council pay this money to??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

How can the council sell a property without first putting it up for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

whitey1 wrote: »

They do not need to, they use a tendering competition, unlike getting the lowest price from suppliers or contractor's, they accept the highest price from buyers but with set conditions for the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i thought fort wayne metals were taking over the new ida building but now i see building work going on behind their own building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

irishgeo wrote:
    i thought fort wayne metals were taking over the new ida building but now i see building work going on behind their own building.

The are building the own new unit

• Advertisement

whitey1 wrote:

Tenders. According to Mayo advertiser. The building only accounts for a small area of the land the council paid €100,000 for. So no big scandal really. I'm glad someone with a bit of vision has bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Tenders. According to Mayo advertiser. The building only accounts for a small area of the land the council paid €100,000 for. So no big scandal really. I'm glad someone with a bit of vision has bought it

Yep agreed, the pub is a little tight at the moment, this will open it up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

ureds wrote: »
    I believe Elverys plan changes for their shop near Argos in Castlebar and have it as a 'clearance sale'shop.
    Sale has started with upto 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

What’s going on in Macdonalds

naughto wrote: »

Closed for a month due to renovations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see they’re advertising two open days in the TF this month, must be taking on a good few more employees following the renovations. Very good employer for those entering the workforce for the first time, so that’s a little boost for the students in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

It's closed for a month due to renovations.
    There will be screens to order your meals from,phone charging etc.

ureds wrote: »
    It's closed for a month due to renovations.
    There will be screens to order your meals from,phone charging etc.
    Are they putting in the 2nd drive through lane?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pity they wouldn't do something with that 2nd carpark behind McDonalds. Wasted area and that place is nuts down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

yop wrote: »
    Pity they wouldn't do something with that 2nd carpark behind McDonalds. Wasted area and that place is nuts down there.

I think that place got (or applied for) planning in the boom for commercial units and apartments or offices above. It was probably over paid for at the time and now owned by Nama/banks or someone else. I don't know but it's a prime site and something will happen it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Wrong thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Dudda wrote: »
    I think that place got (or applied for) planning in the boom for commercial units and apartments or offices above. It was probably over paid for at the time and now owned by Nama/banks or someone else. I don't know but it's a prime site and something will happen it eventually.

Imagine the line of commercial units that could go along the edge of Tesco carpark to give that part of town a street landscape.

voz es wrote: »
    Imagine the line of commercial units that could go along the edge of Tesco carpark to give that part of town a street landscape.

do you really want that on whats supposed to be the bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

voz es wrote: »

I'd say we've enough streets as it is, and one's that require much attention at that. However the occupancy rate on Main St. is on the rise. Whether filled by good, bad or indifferent, it was in a much worse state 2-3 years ago.

irishgeo wrote:
    do you really want that on whats supposed to be the bypass

It's no longer a bypass really. Especially when (if) the N5 upgrade happens. I agree that some of the other streets could do with attention first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's no longer a bypass really. Especially when (if) the N5 upgrade happens. I agree that some of the other streets could do with attention first though.

I'm not sure there would be a massive demand either. Aren't there are few units empty around there? Have Elverys pulled plug on their store down there?

PARlance wrote:
    I'm not sure there would be a massive demand either. Aren't there are few units empty around there? Have Elverys pulled plug on their store down there?

No empty units that I know of. Think elverys are changing to outlet store?. Units down that area are generally never vacant for more than a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

No empty units that I know of. Think elverys are changing to outlet store?. Units down that area are generally never vacant for more than a few weeks

Didnt someone say here that the Elverys unit was advertised for renting?

statto25 wrote:
    Didnt someone say here that the Elverys unit was advertised for renting?

Maybe? If so, it won't be empty for long I imagine

Apache Pizza down there has been closed for a good few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Xenji wrote: »

Sorry to see that. Was a good place, nice staff.

Xenji wrote:

Forgot that. It looks like they just walked out one day

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

I was in Elverys today on the link road, they said that they're are closing down in a couple of weeks. I asked were they going to keep it as a sale/discount shop and they said no that they were definitely closing.

Also noticed that the bakery..just baked, has changed names...is it under new management I wonder or just rebranding themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Skippette wrote: »
    I was in Elverys today on the link road, they said that they're are closing down in a couple of weeks. I asked were they going to keep it as a sale/discount shop and they said no that they were definitely closing.

Also noticed that the bakery..just baked, has changed names...is it under new management I wonder or just rebranding themselves

Any produce on offer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Skippette wrote: »

I’d imagine the recent closure of one of its storerooms for health concerns may have helped the marketing team decide on a rebrand ...

Advertisement