Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

I’d imagine the recent closure of one of its storerooms for health concerns may have helped the marketing team decide on a rebrand ...

Forgot that, lol

I noticed that the Indian on new Antrim street has also changed names...thing it might have been grill house

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Is the swimming pool going to open in 2018 or slip to 2019?

Good job they didn't build a 50m pool it would never be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

irishgeo wrote: »

Didn’t Kilcoyne and co visit the pool and said there where still a good few months off opening.
    How does that work when it goes to tender do they not have a finish date as well as there price they can build it at

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

naughto wrote: »

Didn’t Kilcoyne and co visit the pool and said there where still a good few months off opening.
    How does that work when it goes to tender do they not have a finish date as well as there price they can build it at
    I thought I heard whispers of October but still nothing official..shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Heatons in Castlebar is going to be entirely sports direct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Heatons in Castlebar is going to be entirely sports direct

Not entirely. It's going to have a USC section which is non sports clothing (jeans, tshirts, polos etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like the Ice Rink Will be back on the Mall this year, I would prefer if they used a different venue though, I might be in the minority but I felt it was more of an eyesore last year and took away the charm of the Mall when the Christmas lights are on, the extra amusement rides really cheapened the look and caused a lot of damage on the Court House side, even well into February the paths were not even cleaned up that end, also you had a large divot were the rink generators were that was not fixed till June after the Council said everything would re repaired by St. Patricks day.

It is a great coup for the town, but I reckon the Army Barracks would of been a better location for it.

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like the Ice Rink Will be back on the Mall this year, I would prefer if they used a different venue though, I might be in the minority but I felt it was more of an eyesore last year and took away the charm of the Mall when the Christmas lights are on, the extra amusement rides really cheapened the look and caused a lot of damage on the Court House side, even well into February the paths were not even cleaned up that end, also you had a large divot were the rink generators were that was not fixed till June after the Council said everything would re repaired by St. Patricks day.

It is a great coup for the town, but I reckon the Army Barracks would of been a better location for it.
    It's going to hard to make the dull Army barracks like look good.

I hear it will be 2019 before the pool opens now

I hear it will be 2019 before the pool opens now
    A contractor dispute now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Elverys have cleared the shop on the link road.

Also I've seen in Facebook the USC fashion are coming, located on Ellison street?

Is this Heatons rebranded? I thought it was gonna be Sports Direct....

Skippette wrote:
    Is this Heatons rebranded? I thought it was gonna be Sports Direct....

It's both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

A contractor dispute now.

Do we know what the dispute is in relation to as that's a bit vague? If it's cost the building can open and the costs and final account can be agreed later (I've had this happen on a project where the final cost was agreed two years after it opened). If it's sign off on something which needs to be done before opening then it could be 2020 if it goes through the courts.

Dudda wrote: »
    Do we know what the dispute is in relation to as that's a bit vague? If it's cost the building can open and the costs and final account can be agreed later (I've had this happen on a project where the final cost was agreed two years after it opened). If it's sign off on something which needs to be done before opening then it could be 2020 if it goes through the courts.

what i heard was the contractor wasnt paid and was refusing to leave, i assume sign off. so we could be in for a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

what i heard was the contractor wasnt paid and was refusing to leave, i assume sign off. so we could be in for a long wait.

Oh crap. If he doesn't sign off it will be months if not a year. You can't let the public in or get insurance if the builder doesn't sign off on the works. Its BCAR or building control (amendment) regulations and needs the builders signiture. That project sounds like it was a complete disaster with delay and problem after problem. I wondered what is going to end up costing us, the taxpayers.

Dudda wrote: »

Oh crap. If he doesn't sign off it will be months if not a year. You can't let the public in or get insurance if the builder doesn't sign off on the works. Its BCAR or building control (amendment) regulations and needs the builders signiture. That project sounds like it was a complete disaster with delay and problem after problem. I wondered what is going to end up costing us, the taxpayers.
    Disaster from day one indeed. What other site shuts down for nearly 6 months. Wrong levels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I am not sure if its been mentioned but a new cafe has opened on the n5 business park. It is tucked away at the back. I wish them the best of luck but it seems like a bad location.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I am not sure if its been mentioned but a new cafe has opened on the n5 business park. It is tucked away at the back. I wish them the best of luck but it seems like a bad location.....

Is that in where SAP and Supersavers is? With Elverys Warehouse, Roadstone and the businesses up around McHale park maybe they are trying to poach customers from the filling station and Cafe M but that's going to be a hard job as they have their regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Any word on the KFC & Costa planning up at Woodies retail park??

FaganJr wrote:
    Any word on the KFC & Costa planning up at Woodies retail park??

Went for for further info about a month ago. So should be soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

Newbie here enjoying the chats.
    Just wondering has anyone heard the rumour of Allergan opening a facility in Claremorris???

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Mcdonalds in Castlebar reopens tomorrow,Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ureds wrote: »
    Mcdonalds in Castlebar reopens tomorrow,Tuesday.

Heard Aidan is doing the honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

seligehgit wrote: »

Can’t wait to read Bernard Flynn’s article on that one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

urranger wrote: »
    Newbie here enjoying the chats.
    Just wondering has anyone heard the rumour of Allergan opening a facility in Claremorris???

First I've heard of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

Asmodean wrote: »
    First I've heard of it!

Was doing the rounds a few weeks back. Supposedly between Castlebar Claremorris and Tuam as the most viable option.

urranger wrote: »
    Was doing the rounds a few weeks back. Supposedly between Castlebar Claremorris and Tuam as the most viable option.

thought they were expanding in westport.

The swimming pool in Castlebar is now due to open in 'Phases' which probably means it will be unfinished for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

To have a sports star open an American junk food store to me is crazy. I was gobsmaked when I heard this.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »

To have a sports star open an American junk food store to me is crazy. I was gobsmaked when I heard this.
    They sponsor breaffy.

Advertisement