Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Anyone know what the structure being built on the outskirts of breaffy road, beside the old APC building is for..??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

UsBus wrote: »
    Anyone know what the structure being built on the outskirts of breaffy road, beside the old APC building is for..??

Are you on about in the new industry estate off the roundabout that has the steel frame up? If so the planning application states the applicant is Fort Wayne Metals. It's a light manufacturing two storey building with some offices.

Dudda wrote: »
    Are you on about in the new industry estate off the roundabout that has the steel frame up? If so the planning application states the applicant is Fort Wayne Metals. It's a light manufacturing two storey building with some offices.

Cheers, was wondering if there might be a few extra jobs on the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

UsBus wrote:
    Cheers, was wondering if there might be a few extra jobs on the way..

They are saying 150. Time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Visited Coise Tine in the N5 business Park yesterday. Nice food and it was busy. Lots of people working around there. Good luck to them

They can credit you with a sale as I went out of my way to pop in today after you planted it in my head. Just called in for a takeaway sandwich and coffee. It's very nice inside and the coffee was great.

I'm always disappointed when cafes just use a normal loaf of bread though. Slap on another 20 cent and give customers a decent bit of bread imo. They did look like they had a nice selection of home cooked scones etc.

It was busy just after 2 which is a good sign. Best of luck to them.

On a seperate note, that whole area is fairly run down to say the least.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote:
    On a seperate note, that whole area is fairly run down to say the least.

Yep. It's a very busy area up there. But definitely needs some TLC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Andy Moran's gym has been awarded the lease of the fitness centre in the new Lough Lannagh complex when in opens. Is it to open sometime next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Galway Roast opening on shambles street

There really is gold to be made from opening a coffee shop at the moment. They are everywhere, hopefully there is enough business for all of them to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Have they gone from Market Square? I can't remember the last time I was in town for a few hours so probably loads has changed

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote:
    Have they gone from Market Square? I can't remember the last time I was in town for a few hours so probably loads has changed

The original Gakway Roast is now Cuppa Joe's. There was a split due to creative differences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

In the building that was Mchughs?

Can't see the Galway roast having much success in that spot if Mchughs struggled in it

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Can't see the Galway roast having much success in that spot if Mchughs struggled in it

Why do you think they struggled in it? From what I heard they were doing well there but that the rent was being increased and were forced to move on that basis. Happy to be corrected if that wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

McHughs were paying rent on upstairs kitchen that they weren't using.

I presume Galway Roast will be using said kitchen.

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Why do you think they struggled in it? From what I heard they were doing well there but that the rent was being increased and were forced to move on that basis. Happy to be corrected if that wasn't the case.

I heard the rent had decreased. Pretty reliable source.

I heard the rent had decreased. Pretty reliable source.

Heard it hadn't been. From the McHugh lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Would the place there in not be better than on the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

statto25 wrote:

The original Gakway Roast is now Cuppa Joe's. There was a split due to creative differences

That's right.... I'd forgotten Joe had taken it over. Told ye I don't frequent town much!

Heard it hadn't been. From the McHugh lads

Fair enough, my lad could be wrong so.

Fair enough, my lad could be wrong so.

Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

What’s happening in the old Halifax building? Construction in there at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

What’s happening in the old Halifax building? Construction in there at the moment

EBS moving into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I see another e-cigarette shop opening in the old downtown records shop.. That's going to be 3 in around 100m of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

excellent vision from the "planning" department displayed yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Planning office cannot normally direct that a particular trade may not be carried on a place. If a use comes within the use classification for the place the PA cannot control which trade may operate there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Newsstand is closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The athletes foot is closing too. The rates increase is not going to help matters. But as long as mayo co co has a budget to waste on trip to conferences who cares.

irishgeo wrote:
    The athletes foot is closing too. The rates increase is not going to help matters. But as long as mayo co co has a budget to waste on trip to conferences who cares.

All athletes foot branches are closing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

New tenant for the IDA building... apparently. Front page of The Connaught as per their Facebook page. Early 2019... apparently.

We'll probably be swimming in the pool before they move in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PARlance wrote: »
    New tenant for the IDA building... apparently. Front page of The Connaught as per their Facebook page. Early 2019... apparently.

We'll probably be swimming in the pool before they move in.

Throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick, god it must be nearly 10 years of these front page exposes and still nothing has materialised, might this be the one.

Mayo had 7 visits in 2017, this year so far we have had 5 visits up till quarter 3 of 2018, although every other county bar Waterford, Donegal, Meath and Laois saw a decrease in visits.

Advertisement