Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

It's Allergan taking the new building so it will happen but it won't be early 2019 and more like mid to late summer as they have to fit out the building. Doing up drawings, getting a builder to price, fire certificate, building sign off, might even be a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Dudda wrote:
    It's Allergan taking the new building so it will happen but it won't be early 2019 and more like mid to late summer as they have to fit out the building. Doing up drawings, getting a builder to price, fire certificate, building sign off, might even be a bit longer.

You sure it's Allergan?

You sure it's Allergan?

Ya. It was discussed on this thread a month ago they were looking at Castlebar and Claremorris. They've picked that new building in Castlebar.
    seligehgit wrote: »
    I have made some enquiries from a likely reliable source.

Apparently Allergan development relates to their existing Botox product and some other products.

3 towns in contention,not likely to build in Westport with an existing plant.

So it's between Castlebar and Claremorris.A decision will be made next year.

Hopefully Castlebar can win the day!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

If it is Allergan going in there, new road once built will be a stone's throw away from the building as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,201 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You sure it's Allergan?

I wouldn't be so sure. I heard they had purchased a greenfield site. The article also says it's a biomedical/technology firm that will be moving in and it also states things that would suggest that it's not a company familiar with the area.

We'll know in a few years, I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. I heard they had purchased a greenfield site. The article also says it's a biomedical/technology firm that will be moving in and it also states things that would suggest that it's not a company familiar with the area.

the northgate saga springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

PARlance wrote: »

I had heard Allergan had acquired a substantial site out beyond Pat Kelly Auto Point (McGovern's old Toyota garage) in Saleen.

On the right side going out the Ballinrobe road in the vicinity of that farm machinery facility?

Not so sure how concrete this information is.

I shall have to make further enquiries.:)

Great news either way if Allergan have opted for Castlebar.

seligehgit wrote:

Even better if it was Allergan plus another

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had heard Allergan had acquired a substantial site out beyond Pat Kelly Auto Point (McGovern's old Toyota garage) in Saleen.

On the right side going out the Ballinrobe road in the vicinity of that farm machinery facility?

Had heard the same thing. But listen its 8 years since Northgate, the vertical farming crew (can't think of their name), so in reality if ANY new jobs come in then its good.

But its p(ss poor that we have seen this before. As for thanking Enda Kenny in that article! What a load of bo00ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Was the planning application for the building with the drive thru at Castlebar Retail Park withdrawn?

• Advertisement

Was the planning application for the building with the drive thru at Castlebar Retail Park withdrawn?

This is the retail park Harvey Norman and Woodies are in? The Costa Coffee cafe got planning permission last month on the 5th December 2018. I don't see a drive through on the drawings though. It has 6 planning conditions which are all fairly standard (confirm landscaping, signage, surface water drainage) and a development contribution of about €4k for realigning roods, footpaths, services, etc. in the area which isn't bad.

EDIT: The coffee shop beside TK Maxx which has a drive through is due for a decision on the 16 January 2019 so we should know the outcome of that in two weeks. The planners requested further information on opening hours and if it would be a cafe or take away (fast food like McDonnalds). They also have concerns on the traffic the drive through element may cause.

Dudda wrote: »
    This is the retail park Harvey Norman and Woodies are in? The Costa Coffee cafe got planning permission last month on the 5th December 2018. I don't see a drive through on the drawings though. It has 6 planning conditions which are all fairly standard (confirm landscaping, signage, surface water drainage) and a development contribution of about €4k for realigning roods, footpaths, services, etc. in the area which isn't bad.

EDIT: The coffee shop beside TK Maxx which has a drive through is due for a decision on the 16 January 2019 so we should know the outcome of that in two weeks. The planners requested further information on opening hours and if it would be a cafe or take away (fast food like McDonnalds). They also have concerns on the traffic the drive through element may cause.

I thought the one at Harvey Norman was supposed to be KFC. Would be strange for Costa to move out there alone, especially with no drive thru. Any idea how I can see the application, can’t find it on the website for some reason.
    The development at Tk maxx is just a premises with no scheduled occupant so far.

Edit: never mind I found it. Definitely costa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d be close to the construction side of things in Allergan, possibly they are looking at a new site, although there is zero talk to that but they definitely are not out pricing any works.
    They are doing a lot of upgrade works to the existing Botox plant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

I thought the one at Harvey Norman was supposed to be KFC. Would be strange for Costa to move out there alone, especially with no drive thru. Any idea how I can see the application, can’t find it on the website for some reason.
    The development at Tk maxx is just a premises with no scheduled occupant so far.

Edit: never mind I found it. Definitely costa

Costa is not really alone out there though if you think about it. They're basically in a retail park, across the road from the new side of Baxter. Down the road from the new Fort Wayne Building and who ever else will go into the new IDA building. Granted they are not going after the shopping market.

KFC are going out there as well as Costa. The Costa in Tesco will remain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

please tell me when KFC is coming to Castlebar - I love KFC !

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Connaught Telegraph last night reported that Applegreen are to open on the Turlough Rd / Pontoon Rd site

Connaught Telegraph today reported that Applegreen deny the reports from the Connaught Telegraph that they are open on the Turlough Rd / Pontoon Rd site

6541 wrote:
    please tell me when KFC is coming to Castlebar - I love KFC !

Think the planning process is almost finished. So It should be before summer if all goes according to plan.

How do you know?

Connaught Telegraph last night reported that Applegreen are to open on the Turlough Rd / Pontoon Rd site

Connaught Telegraph today reported that Applegreen deny the reports from the Connaught Telegraph that they are open on the Turlough Rd / Pontoon Rd site

Someone is clearly opening there. Just not Apple green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I was wondering what was going on alright. I had the original article appear on my news feed, only for the link to redirect to a dead page. I’m glad someone is moving there, it’s really needed on that side of town.

MBCC foods have two sperate applications in for the carparks at Woodies. One is Costa. Their other franchises are KFC and Pizza Hut. From what I hear it is KFC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Someone is clearly opening there. Just not Apple green

I'm kinda glad Applegreen aren't going in there, their Delis isnt great!

MBCC foods have two sperate applications in for the carparks at Woodies. One is Costa. Their other franchises are KFC and Pizza Hut. From what I hear it is KFC

The kfc one has yet to be approved it seems. Decision this week

Can please somebody advise me what's so great about applegreen.

A seemingly expensive collection of service stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Can please somebody advise me what's so great about applegreen.

A seemingly expensive collection of service stations.

Keenly priced fuel though from my experience. Some of the others are ridiculous. circle K springs to mind.

At the end of the day, flashy new shops and delis may catch the eye but the cost of fuel is what really atracts people IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sillysu

Does anyone know which retail units are supposed to be going into the old PJ Kelly site in Westport?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

sillysu wrote: »
    Does anyone know which retail units are supposed to be going into the old PJ Kelly site in Westport?

I don't think has been decided yet. They have received planning permission to demolish the old shop and built a supermarket. My guess would be that they'll hawk that planning permission around to the multiples and see who bites.

Mostly likely Dunnes or Aldi, I would have thought.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I don't think has been decided yet. They have received planning permission to demolish the old shop and built a supermarket. My guess would be that they'll hawk that planning permission around to the multiples and see who bites.

Mostly likely Dunnes or Aldi, I would have thought.

I'd thought that Aldi were going in there?

A Covey source.:)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'd thought that Aldi were going in there?

A Covey source.:)

My money would be on Aldi too, but if you had that site with planning permission for a supermarket, wouldn't you hawk it around?

Advertisement