Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Any word on that new development land purchase in the Connaught? What’s it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Love Lannagh festival on today in Castlebar, good way to spend a few hours with the kids. Kids not compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dominos pizza opening up in Ballina soon, right beside Pizza Mia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

PARlance wrote:
    Love Lannagh festival on today in Castlebar, good way to spend a few hours with the kids. Kids not compulsory.

Great festival run by volunteers and Goodwill. Loads of fun and good turn out despite dodgy weather. Well done Love Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Kodak shop is sapose to be closing on Main Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Knock2

How/who/or can north mayo/Ballina be saved!
    Big question
    In light of the two most reacent national reports on development and income levels which place north mayo/ Ballina in a very bad place.i ask the above question?
    Also just today Westport greenway gets millions more and da Moy greenway remains unfinished ect..
    Is this really happening and why?????!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Knock2 wrote: »
    How/who/or can north mayo/Ballina be saved!
    Big question
    In light of the two most reacent national reports on development and income levels which place north mayo/ Ballina in a very bad place.i ask the above question?
    Also just today Westport greenway gets millions more and da Moy greenway remains unfinished ect..
    Is this really happening and why?????!

This thread is about new businesses or closing businesses.
    Open a new thread if you want to discuss north Mayo

I think it’s all very relative to the economy and the opening and closing of business in mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

So do I. Not allowed have opinions here ? Not the first time this has happened ;)

Yes agree with you that the two are very much linked ie..business will only survive and open in a strong economy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note. I didn't say not to discuss it but since knock2 has a strong view in North Mayo from previous posts then it could be worth it's own thread.

As for no opinions l, 6541 incorrect again. Thanks for your input though.

Fair enough and understandable so any views on same

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Knock2 wrote: »
    Fair enough and understandable so any views on same

Road networks are an issue for north Mayo I feel.

According to Google it is only 3mins slower to travel dublin-Westport via the M6, M17, kilmaine, ballinrobe.

Yet, funding is going towards building a dual carriageway between Westport and castlebar. Seems pointless.

Money would be better spent upgrading the diabolical Partry-Westport section of that route and putting the remainder of the funding into connecting north Mayo to the N5.

Just an opinion. North Mayo is really neglected. Could be a booming part of the country if our imbecile politicians weren't so greedy .

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

In future wport dublin will be via cbar cmorris tuam, which is why the new road is a good idea. This will also eleviate the existing but improving n5.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

unit 1 wrote: »
    In future wport dublin will be via cbar cmorris tuam, which is why the new road is a good idea. This will also eleviate the existing but improving n5.
    It's also helpful to remember that a significant portion of the traffic between Castlebar and Westport is just travelling between those endpoints, and the fastest route to Dublin is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's also helpful to remember that a significant portion of the traffic between Castlebar and Westport is just travelling between those endpoints, and the fastest route to Dublin is irrelevant.

Yes, Westport to Castlebar is the busiest road in mayo. I would be great to get Castlebar to Claremorris upgraded to say N17 standard but that’s probably 20 years away at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

yew_tree wrote: »
    Yes, Westport to Castlebar is the busiest road in mayo. I would be great to get Castlebar to Claremorris upgraded to say N17 standard but that’s probably 20 years away at this stage.

It's a lot busier from Turlough to Castlebar than Castlebar to Westport but that N5 stretch getting upgraded is the busiest in the county. This map is really useful as it shows the traffic numbers using all the major roads.

https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/gmapbasic.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6

Dudda wrote: »
    It's a lot busier from Turlough to Castlebar than Castlebar to Westport but that N5 stretch getting upgraded is the busiest in the county. This map is really useful as it shows the traffic numbers using all the major roads.

https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/gmapbasic.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6

Great site that. What is really surprising is the number of cars going to Galway has only increased slighty, in my experience as a commuter twice a week it seems to be just way higher than 2012 when I started. Thats a lot of cars going into Cbar.
    I live just off the Cbar/Westport road and its a very fast busy and dangerous road now. Crashes on a weekly basis there.

Looking at that again.
    The mean daily data for the traffic into Galway is AADT 9045 cars per day. Yet into Castlebar its 13386 cars?
    That couldn't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd like to see the foxford road to castlebar sorted, it's 80kph a lot of the way now, which is daft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hoarding gone back up around the ida building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Escape Room game place opening up in Castlebar across from Totally Toys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

houseplant wrote: »

It has already been open over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Xenji wrote: »
    It has already been open over a month.

Is it the old B&B /Hostel place on the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Is it the old B&B /Hostel place on the corner?

No it's in the row of premises opposite Totally Toys, it's a few doors down from Cafe M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

houseplant wrote:

I was in it yesterday. Really good fun and cleverly done. The people who run it are sound too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dominos Pizza now open in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

4 Star pizza opened in Casey’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Anyone familiar with Swinford know what the story is with the shop that was 'Cards and Gifts' on the Main Street? There was plenty of stock on the shelves a couple of months back but now they have covered the windows inside. I have never seen this shop open for business since the Spain's gave it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Any new on KFC starting construction?

Advertisement