Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

New restaurant going in were Montana steakhouse was in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

New restaurant going in were Montana steakhouse was in Castlebar

Hopefully a good one. Any restaurant that's providing a good service is flying.

PARlance wrote:

Yes, hopefully. It's going to be called 'The Blue Serenade'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yes, hopefully. It's going to be called 'The Blue Serenade'

Sounds very.... 80's. Any idea what kind of food they'll be dishing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

PARlance wrote: »

So true, I went to BarOne on a random tuesday, had to wait 10 mins for a seat for 2.

Not an issue, Highlights that a good place for food will be busy.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote:
    Sounds very.... 80's. Any idea what kind of food they'll be dishing up?

Irish and international. Whatever that is

Regatta outdoor shop opening in the old 'Swamp' unit in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Carraig Donn are meant to be opening a store in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Xenji wrote: »
    Carraig Donn are meant to be opening a store in Castlebar.

Good news. Surprised it didn’t happen before. They might take the old eleverys unit. Or I wonder will they head to Main Street

Edit: Hopkins road according to the Connaught. Must be elverys so

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Could see them moving into former Peacocks/ Awear unit, location and size are probably right

• Advertisement

Thou wrote: »
    Could see them moving into former Peacocks/ Awear unit, location and size are probably right

Oh forgot about that. Makes sense

The Connaught says 2 more openings. Carraig donn, regatta and wonder what the third is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Connaught says 2 more openings. Carraig donn, regatta and wonder what the third is?

That's great news.

It's got to said Castlebar is a damn good shopping town without a hint of bias!

In fairness with theHopkins Rd area units don't be empty for long, same as what happens in shopping destinations similar to Castlebar, different outlets come and go.

If Main St. had more developments with adequate floor space it could help improve things there too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Thou wrote: »

Didn't even realise these shops were gone?

etxp wrote: »
    Didn't even realise these shops were gone?

Peacocks closed up at beginning of the summer I think, Awear closed for some time before that

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

Not much happening with the Meissner Site.

Still looking for a 'Site Lead' as advertised on the Collins McNicholas Recruitment site ! This has been up for well on 2 months now .. I'd have thought they'd need that person in place before any 'real fir-out works' were undertaken.

No mention of any 'careers Availability' on their own website ? which is a bit odd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Not much happening with the Meissner Site.

Still looking for a 'Site Lead' as advertised on the Collins McNicholas Recruitment site ! This has been up for well on 2 months now .. I'd have thought they'd need that person in place before any 'real fir-out works' were undertaken.

No mention of any 'careers Availability' on their own website ? which is a bit odd ?

Meisner have contracted some if not all of the site lead work out

Green&Red wrote: »
    Meisner have contracted some if not all of the site lead work out

Well someone better tell Collins McNicholas !

The Site Lead would not be the works taking place on the unit alone, but everything that would go into making it a freestanding production facility .. so the Site Lead is probably the single most important person to co-ordinate everything now ... they'd hardly 'subcontract' that out to a number of people.

But maybe the Site lead has been appointed and is working away .. and Collins McNicholas has forgotten to take the job of its website

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The Site Lead would not be the works taking place on the unit alone, but everything that would go into making it a freestanding production facility .. so the Site Lead is probably the single most important person to co-ordinate everything now ... they'd hardly 'subcontract' that out to a number of people.

But maybe the Site lead has been appointed and is working away .. and Collins McNicholas has forgotten to take the job of its website

No jobs on any of the sites for them.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you're agenda is but it seems you definitely have one

I know that Meisner have subcontracted to a Claremorris firm to be their site lead for the construction, Taylors are project managers for the construction and Moran electrical have started on site. Not sure who has the civils and mech contracts, I've a feeling its Mountain View but couldnt swear to that.
    Construction works have started

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

I know that Meisner have subcontracted to a Claremorris firm to be their site lead for the construction, Taylors are project managers for the construction and Moran electrical have started on site. Not sure who has the civils and mech contracts, I've a feeling its Mountain View but couldnt swear to that.

Hi Green&Red,

No agenda ..other than I've become quite sceptical of all recent Jobs Announcements for Castlebar recently ..especially shortly before any election !

Yes indeed work is on going on site but I think it's odd that the job was still being advertised while works are ongoing.

I'm sceptical on the jobs forecast, but I do hope I'm wrong.

tomgilboy wrote: »
    Hi Green&Red,

No agenda ..other than I've become quite sceptical of all recent Jobs Announcements for Castlebar recently ..especially shortly before any election !

Yes indeed work is on going on site but I think it's odd that the job was still being advertised while works are ongoing.

I'm sceptical on the jobs forecast, but I do hope I'm wrong.

Sceptical enough to have separate accounts I see :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

TruthEnforcer/tomgilboy
    You're not allowed more than one account on this site.
    Close one or I perm-ban all accounts, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

biko wrote: »
    TruthEnforcer/tomgilboy
    You're not allowed more than one account on this site.
    Close one or I perm-ban all accounts, thanks.

Didn't know that ..wasn't intentional ..so no problem "Detective Biko" ....your doing a great job there ..

Doesn't stop my scepticism though ..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

tomgilboy wrote: »
    Didn't know that ..wasn't intentional ..so no problem "Detective Biko" ....your doing a great job there ..

Doesn't stop my scepticism though ..

Mod Note: Which account will you be closing? Otherwise you will be banned.Read the rules pls

Gosh ..the mods all all out in force today ..sorted !! But thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mvs sign up on the green hoarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Site Lead position has been filled for a couple of months. Don’t know why it’s still advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What's going in the butcher's in main Street? I see a planning notice in the window.

Advertisement