Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Have a look at them on mayo county council planning. They have full renders of the whole thing there. It's basically a 3 story street running the length of the car park and a large building on Rock square

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Napoleon21

Yeah it’s a big development. I really like the rock square facade in a design very close to that of the original convent that was knocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Any link possible? Have looked on council planning webpage via map search, but can't see it there

this should work. I wonder what the chances of it actually happening is

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It looks really good. The cynic in me is anticipating several years of objections, appeals, judicial reviews, and an eventual collapse. I dearly hope to be proven wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Got it, thanks yelp. Ambitious development, looks great, like the plans to conserve and integrate boundary walls of old barracks. Still would prefer to see opposite side of Castle St. car park (rear of main st) developed before this one, easier said than done I'm sure, but will it be another case of being to the detriment of old town centre.

I don’t think it will harm old town centre. It includes only 3 retail units. If anything it will improve town centre by encouraging living in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Looks like a very ambitious plan, and almost surely a good thing.

On the town in general the biggest nettle to grasp is what to do with main street.

Put simply chapel st should be made two way and main street pedestrianised. If somehow pubs and eateries could be coaxed to locate/relocte there it could be in the vein of shop street in galway. Such an obvious way forward that somehow never gets mentioned, but I feel it would be a sucess.

Even a dry run as a temporary measure would be simple to test, lots of complaints about main street but no proposals.

I 100% agree on the main street point. I would love to see this plan come to fruition on what is currently an overgrown and disused piece of land in the centre of town. Coupled with the redevelopment of the Military barracks it would really revitalise the area

It seems to be a consortium of different developers behind it. It which makes me think that they probably do have the funding and expertise available between them to make it happen. Hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭FaganJr

"Apparently" has nothing to do with the Westport one.

• Advertisement

They must be the connected in some way surely?

They have the same logo anyways

Nope spoke to a person who was talking to the Westport Restaurant and they told them straight, nothing to do with them at all. I had a quick look at the menus and they look different, even websites are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can’t even find a website for the Castlebar one, they’ve no online presence at all. I can understand a new restaurant not wanting to jump straight on Just Eat, especially if they’re targeting a dine-in crowd, but from that type of place you’d expect at least a website you can order from, or just any website really.

Ya. On further investigation it seems like they are a franchise. The food was lovely when I had it last week. Which is the main thing. No website is a bit strange thiugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doesn’t even get onto the first two pages on Google so it might as well not even exist. A bit of SEO would go a long way there.

Thanks all the same, will give them a try before the month is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

We got a takeaway from the Everest in Castlebar last weekend. The food was decent in fairness but they forgot the rice which meant we had to throw on microwave pouch to fill the meal. We're living 9 miles out so no way was I heading back in.

The samosa was top notch, as good as I've tried. The Rogan Josh was decent, creamy and enough spice without going over the top. The chicken was good quality and enough in there too. I'd happily go again only for the rice mix up and the fact the Everest in Westport is as close.

What's going on behind Staunton's, looks like carpark realignment?? Could be wrong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭HBC08

Anybody know what's going on at Lidl carpark? Looks like a new trolley area but surely they wouldnt take up so much of the carpark for that?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EV chargers maybe? I know a lot of other lidl stores have them.

I think they are moving the trolleys and then upgrading the shop entrance

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

In Westport they've moved the trolley bay and they're revamping the entrance. There will be a lobby where you can return bottles for recycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

I'd say you are right. Maybe some EV spots going in too

Lease agreed sign gone up on the old Elverys unit opposite Tesco.

It seems the fine journalists at the Connaught Telegraph have got this one right.

What is going into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Spotted the work going on yesterday.

• Advertisement

Interesting that no To let or for sale signs have gone up on the Argos unit

Advertisement