Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night in Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hey guys i'm heading to the fleetwood mac gig tomorrow, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for somewhere to go for drinks after the gig? i'm travelling from NI so all i really know is Temple Bar area but would like to avoid it, is whelans or the academy any good on a friday? that's about the only other places i've heard of, but have never been to either. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Moved to the Dublin City forum. Please read their charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

macky_89 wrote: »
    hey guys i'm heading to the fleetwood mac gig tomorrow, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for somewhere to go for drinks after the gig? i'm travelling from NI so all i really know is Temple Bar area but would like to avoid it, is whelans or the academy any good on a friday? that's about the only other places i've heard of, but have never been to either. thanks

Are you looking for a bar, a club or a particular type of music? And yes, most of Temple Bar is best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 macky_89

Whosthis wrote: »
    Are you looking for a bar, a club or a particular type of music? And yes, most of Temple Bar is best avoided.

we're 26 so thinking a bar that has a club part to it if that makes sense, music wise i'd like something rock/indie/alternative....basically somewhere that doesn't play the chart pop stuff. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

macky_89 wrote: »
    we're 26 so thinking a bar that has a club part to it if that makes sense, music wise i'd like something rock/indie/alternative....basically somewhere that doesn't play the chart pop stuff. thanks

Gypsy Rose on Aston Quay will be right up your street then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

For Fleetwood Mac fans I'd be saying Whelans tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Whelans or Doyles will suit you.

Advertisement