Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an alarm

Options
  • 09-07-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Im looking for some advice on the best option for my home (2 storey). House already has an alarm with lots of pirs, also has 3 cameras. What im after is to upgrade to something where i can control all through an app (something user friendly). From reading the hkc and siemens both seem to be options. Im also looking for recommendations on someone who can fit and integrate them all together?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you look at the sticky you will get all the information you need re the apps and costs etc.
    IMO Siemens is the better panel with much more features and flexibility.
    If you are looking for installers check the sticky or the psa register for installers in your area.

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Joemon24

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you look at the sticky you will get all the information you need re the apps and costs etc.
    IMO Siemens is the better panel with much more features and flexibility.
    If you are looking for installers check the sticky or the psa register for installers in your area.

Where are you located?

Located in galway. Ive read the stickys however not many installers do the siemens and most i have talked to dont recommend it. Could you recommend an installer who is pro siemens? I would like to give them a call. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most don't recommend it because they don't understand it and are unable to install it.
    Call Siemens and they will put you in contact with qualified installers in your location.

If you have any problems sourcing come back to me and I'll get someone onto you.
    We are not allowed recommend installers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The lads here have their favourite panels. It might be unfair to say that they don't use Siemens because they don't understand the panel. It might be the case sometimes but I know capable installers who have other reasons for not using Siemens

I will say though that it has a lot of functions and I would recommend one. I'd recommend other brands too.

Tbh for what most people want for an alarm most of the main players have similar options.
    You could always get a quote from a local and pop the spec, not the name of the supplier or the cost and the lads can advise if it's a good offer.

I know people have their own favourites. But the impression I get from the OP is they would not quote for it. Not recommending a panel is one thing , but if someone is refusing to quote or refusing the work I'd say its because they can't do the job rather then they wont.No professional installers I know would turn down a job or refuse to quote for a job on a panel they know how to install and understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well your assumption indicates that others are incapable of installing a panel, pointing at you and the Siemens approved supplier group being more capable. I'm portraying a more balanced view. Trying to remove commercial bias.
    I know many capable installers that have other reasons for not using Siemens. It does not mean they can't as you suggested.

I'm not having a discussion here. I've stated that I've found the Siemens panel to be very good, but it's not the only option, and people who don't use it are not stupid.

There is no need to push a product to the detriment of your competition and in favour of a group of suppliers at the end of a phone number in Siemens. The panel does that itself and sells itself. Such comments are negative and will only draw a negaive response as they reflect poorly on other postets here as you well know.

So lets just leave it at that please . By all means advise the op, but let's leave this line of posting as it is please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

<Mod edit: bit ott so I snipped that bit out, Tony recommend away its not advertising, pushing a supplier or group of suppliers is>

Op do more research, I would recommend a panel but as advertising is not allowed I cant say.

Advertisement