Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent near Parkmore West?

Options
  • 09-07-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I will be working in one of the businesses in Parkmore West soon, and I am wondering what area would be best to rent in which is nearby.
    My main concern is getting caught up in the traffic in the mornings, so any area which avoids the morning traffic congestion would be great.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Moved to the City Forum.

OP, you should get a better response here.

In terms of traffic, no matter where you live it's something that you're going to have to contend with as that's a very busy section of Galway.

Doughiska could be a option for living. Plenty of nice accommodation out that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

NiallJG91 wrote: »
    any area which avoids the morning traffic congestion would be great.

Hazelwoood or Ballybrit Court would do the trick.

Unfortunately they're both really, really small, so rentals would come up there very infrequently.

How will you be travelling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

....My main concern is getting caught up in the traffic in the mornings, so any area which avoids the morning traffic congestion would be great. ..
    bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiallJG91

@Redhairedguy I had been looking at Doughiska and it was promising, but then I was speaking to someone who said certain areas in Doughiska aren't great. I have little knowledge of areas outside of Galway City. A trip to an estate agent might be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiallJG91

@Mrs Obumble Thank you for the suggestions, their seems to be some availability in Ballybright. As regards transport, I am not sure yet. It could be public transport, or I may be able to organise a lift with someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

@Redhairedguy I had been looking at Doughiska and it was promising, but then I was speaking to someone who said certain areas in Doughiska aren't great. I have little knowledge of areas outside of Galway City. A trip to an estate agent might be in order.

Most of Doughiska is fine - Tur Uisce, Castan, An Fiodan, Coill Tire are all very nice estates that are quiet and very well-maintained. 409 bus goes past these estates every 15 mins and it's 5 mins to Parkmore by bus, or 10 on a bike.

@Mrs Obumble Thank you for the suggestions, their seems to be some availability in Ballybright. As regards transport, I am not sure yet. It could be public transport, or I may be able to organise a lift with someone.

I was being very specific when I said Ballybrit Court: it is a very small cluster of houses that are 5 minutes walk from Parkmore West.

You will need to be within walking distance to avoid traffic totally.

Any of Doughiska, Roscan, Merlin Park (pretty studenty), Renmore (partly studenty), College Rd put you on the number 409 bus route, which is an excellent bus service for getting to Parkmore West.

Most of Doughiska is fine - and even the rougher bits are not a patch of Dublin or even Limerick's rough bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

I was being very specific when I said Ballybrit Court: it is a very small cluster of houses that are 5 minutes walk from Parkmore West.

Fair play to you if you can walk 3ks in 5 minutes!

And I assume your "5" mins only gets you to the gate, just for clarity parkmore west is a very large industrial park, if you work at the back / North end you are talking about a 10 to 15 min walk from entrance. Bus eireann really should drive into the park at peak times(with a dedicated bus lane / exit). It's a pain in the arse on a wet morning / evening and probably discourages people using the bus on a wet day(yes I know wet gear is available but some people don't feel great after wearing wet gear if you have to do 8hrs work(sweaty etc))

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Also look in the Headford Road area around Cluain Riocaird etc. There are a lot of houses there and a back road which brings you to Parkmore in 10 minutes even with morning traffic. You'd need a car or get the bus via eyre square.

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Fair play to you if you can walk 3ks in 5 minutes!

Duh! I meant Ballybrit Crescent, not Court :o

Good point about the long walk from the entrance to the estate to the back, Parkmore West, in particular, is really bad for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

OP as Mrs OBumble said anywhere on the 409 Bus route is a good start.
    Crumbs868 wrote: »
    And I assume your "5" mins only gets you to the gate, just for clarity parkmore west is a very large industrial park, if you work at the back / North end you are talking about a 10 to 15 min walk from entrance. Bus eireann really should drive into the park at peak times(with a dedicated bus lane / exit). It's a pain in the arse on a wet morning / evening and probably discourages people using the bus on a wet day(yes I know wet gear is available but some people don't feel great after wearing wet gear if you have to do 8hrs work(sweaty etc))

It's a good point. 409 for Parkmore West and 403 for Parkmore East?
    Put in decent shelters along with Real Time Display units.
    Would certainly encourage more people to take the bus to both "Parks" when going to and from work.

Advertisement