Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba CB30-102 & cloud printing

Options
  • 09-07-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a fix for this issue

Have read about the net and found similar type issue but no sure solution

Can register the house printer on my cloud printing which is connected to the UPC router wirelessly (Brother DCP-J4110DW).

IT will print etc but after a day or so will stop working and requires me to de-register and reregister to get it back working, similar to everyone else on the net albeit different printer makes/models

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I've never used my cloud printing but presumably if you are initiating a print job from outside of your network then it needs to know the IP address. Again I assume that the process of registering stores the networks current IP address.

Now unless you have purchased a static IP address then your IP address is likely to change periodically. This is the likely cause of having to de register and re-register the printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

The issue I am having is when I am in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It doesn't matter where you are if it's Google cloud printing, you are using the Google cloud print server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

I dont think the UPC's router external IP changes and the printer seems to be always on the same internal one but will check

Advertisement