Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Separation anxiety (mine!)

• 09-07-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

So I just had to leave Sammy in a cattery for the first time since I adopted him. I feel terrible. He's a particularly nervous cat, not good with strangers (it was ten weeks before he'd even sit on my lap) and I just can't bear to think of how scared he must be in there. I've gone away before but only for a few days at a time and I could get someone in to check in on him every day, but that's just not possible for the length of this holiday.

I know I'm being overdramatic and pet owners do this all the time and it's just something you (and they) have to live with but it's new to me and I could really use some reassuring ... thank you for reading t09006.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Hey! Please don't worry I'm sure he will be fine . I felt the same the first time I left my cat and dog in kennels. You know what ? They were both fine when I got back !. Have been leaving them in same place for the last five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    So I just had to leave Sammy in a cattery for the first time since I adopted him. I feel terrible. He's a particularly nervous cat, not good with strangers (it was ten weeks before he'd even sit on my lap) and I just can't bear to think of how scared he must be in there. I've gone away before but only for a few days at a time and I could get someone in to check in on him every day, but that's just not possible for the length of this holiday.

I know I'm being overdramatic and pet owners do this all the time and it's just something you (and they) have to live with but it's new to me and I could really use some reassuring ... thank you for reading t09006.gif

I've got a great cattery. she really looks after my fellow. She will e-mail around 20 photos a day of the cat. The cat comes home super relaxed. In his previous cattery he would cling to you for days after coming home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I still hate leaving my dogs at the kennels and have been doing for years now. They're always happy out to see the kennel owner and equally happy to see me when I get back. I handle it by handing them over and walking away. If I started long goodbyes there'd be tears and it would just stress them and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Dandelion6 wrote: »

Hey
    know exactly how you feel, I had to leave our two furbabies in the kennels for the first time ever a couple of months back, was heartbroken and nearly did go on holiday, but I brought them to the kennels and they didn't look back, had a great time!!!

I was more upset then them, so don't worry about Sammy, he'll have a great time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Thanks everyone for your replies, they really did help.

Got home yesterday and collected Sammy from the cattery. He was (mostly) fine. The readjustment process is still underway, but I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time. He loves his new catnip toy, anyway!

iCloud+Photos.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Aww, Sammy is a cutie! Mine sulk with me for ages after I come home from holidays, even if they have had a great time, so dont worry if he is stand-offish for a while :) they just need to make us aware of our place serving them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

He sulked most of yesterday, but this morning he's back looking for cuddles t09026.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

We were away for 4 days. Tux is totally traumatised :eek: She has hardly left the house since we came back (shes normally out and about all day long). She is following me around like a noisy nuisance, and constantly needing cuddles :eek: Had someone in to feed her and let her out while we were away. When we arrived home, she FLEW to me as soon as I got out of the car. Now I feel really guilty. AND we're going away again for the weekend. meanwhile dopey dog who spent the 4 days at our friends house and who I thought would be very bothered as it was his first time away from home, didnt bat an eyelid... He is going to a kennel for 1 overnight this weekend, so we'll see how that goes... gulp. Poor Tux will not be happy. Having pets has its drawbacks :(

Advertisement