Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

A restart fixed AirPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Updated my 5s and iPad Air without issue.

Now to see what's under the hood as I haven't really paid much attention to the release.

Keyboard small letters look weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

With a content blocker I can actually browse certain news sites again. This is going to be an essential install for people with limited data plans.

Sites seem to load much much faster.

peteeeed wrote: »
    so that's a no then

It's a major yes from me. I can't stand miles let alone the 12 hour clock. I'd rather wait for Apple news to be released properly than change region.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Much smoother scroll in Safari on iPad. I'm also liking the new keyboard. At last they seem to have got it right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

mad muffin wrote: »
    No news app for Ireland?

Change your region to UK in settings, restart the phone. You'll have the News app. UK regional settings are grand, you still get euro symbol on keyboard and the date and time formats are fine too. Worth doing just to see if you like the news app.

Change your region to UK in settings, restart the phone. You'll have the News app. Then change region back to Ireland without restart and you'll be back to correct units, etc., but the News app will still show up. Worked for me.

I presume that if you restart the phone again news app will be gone and you'll have to redo the hack?

I presume that if you restart the phone again news app will be gone and you'll have to redo the hack?

I changed my original post, sorry. If you change it back to Ireland you will loose the news app. So you have to either live with UK regional settings, which are fine tbh, or go without the news app for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

With a content blocker I can actually browse certain news sites again. This is going to be an essential install for people with limited data plans.

Sites seem to load much much faster.

Any recommendations?

News app is okay, but tbh the likes of feedly does the same thing better.

• Advertisement

Safari much much zippier on iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Updating my 5S through iTunes. Crawling along.. 70Mb in 40 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

deep1 wrote: »
    Any recommendations?
    crystal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Updating my 5S through iTunes. Crawling along.. 70Mb in 40 mins..

Mine was equally as slow but my iPad flew through over wifi so I've cancelled the 5s download through iTunes and doing that one over wifi now too.

My 5s took 10-15 minutes to download and install over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

shanec1928 wrote: »
    crystal

Crystal is free at the moment

crystal

Thanks and developer is Irish too, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Was recommended here when it was in beta. Some difference in pages loading. Particularly this site!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Was recommended here when it was in beta. Some difference in pages loading. Particularly this site!

Ah yes big difference on iPhone 6.

Kept tapping on the massive ads on this site over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

You'll get the USA date methods and miles instead of kilometres.

Or change the region to the UK (gasp)!!! And you'll get the news app. I'd prefer the Irish news app when it comes along but the UK version is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Anyone else getting the error message "There was a problem download the software for the iPhone. The network connection could not be established" in iTunes (even though internet seems to be fine). Also can't find the update itself on the iPhone (just keeps checking for updates).

I currently have 8.3 jailbroken.

Crystal is my choice. Developer is from the United Kingdom though. Not that it matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Touch isn't as sensitive as it was on iOS 8.

Anyone else's wifi dropping? I think it may just be my phone needs to be sent in but want to be sure. If I move even 20 feet from the router it drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anyone else getting the error message "There was a problem download the software for the iPhone. The network connection could not be established" in iTunes (even though internet seems to be fine). Also can't find the update itself on the iPhone (just keeps checking for updates).

I currently have 8.3 jailbroken.

I've been trying to download a couple of app updates on iTunes and have been getting that message. iTunes is also says that the version I'm on (12.2.2) is the latest version and not finding version 13. I haven't even bothered trying to connect my phone and update it to iOS 9, the servers are obviously overloaded at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Crystal is my choice. Developer is from the United Kingdom though. Not that it matters.

Can't find this on the App Store? Is it gone?

Mourinho wrote: »
    Crystal - Block Ads, Browse Faster. by Dean Murphy
    https://appsto.re/ie/Cat78.i

Mourinho wrote: »

Crystal - Block Ads, Browse Faster. by Dean Murphy
    https://appsto.re/ie/Cat78.i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I started downloading update at 7pm and it still says 15 hours on Wifi.

Must be something wrong there

Anyone having problems with the brightness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I started downloading update at 7pm and it still says 15 hours on Wifi.

Must be something wrong there

Same here. Probably best just to leave it until tomorrow.

Advertisement