Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Crystal - Block Ads, Browse Faster. by Dean Murphy
    https://appsto.re/ie/Cat78.i

Ah Jaysus not compatible with iPhone 5 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mourinho wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus not compatible with iPhone 5 :(

Content blockers are 64-bit only (5s or greater) unfortunately. They still work with 32-bit devices. I have been using Block Party side-loaded on my iPhone 5 for a couple of weeks, but I guess Apple have performance concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I thought iOS 9 was coming with Wifi Assist - whereby it would drop a weak wifi signal for a mobile data network.
    I don't see it in my wifi settings anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I thought iOS 9 was coming with Wifi Assist - whereby it would drop a weak wifi signal for a mobile data network.
    I don't see it in my wifi settings anyways.

Under Cellular-> very bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

deep1 wrote: »
    Under Cellular-> very bottom

Doh!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Done the update and it was very quick on my iPad. I like the new font!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Can anyone confirm if Weather Underground widget is working on the today panel? It has been blank for me since joining beta program. Would revert to final version of 9.0 from 9.1 beta if it's working. Thanks

Can anyone confirm if Weather Underground widget is working on the today panel? It has been blank for me since joining beta program. Would revert to final version of 9.0 from 9.1 beta if it's working. Thanks

Not working.

Content blockers are 64-bit only (5s or greater) unfortunately. They still work with 32-bit devices. I have been using Block Party side-loaded on my iPhone 5 for a couple of weeks, but I guess Apple have performance concerns.

Cheers man. That's a real shame, I'm gonna try your app now, at least I have the Air 2 to use crystal in I suppose.

Actually as a fellow 5 user do you find wifi dropping?

Cheers man. That's a real shame, I'm gonna try your app now, at least I have the Air 2 to use crystal in I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

Any idea how to update from beta 9.1 ? I've deleted the beta profile in settings but nothing showing up under software updates. I want to leave the beta program now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

june2015 wrote: »
    Any idea how to update from beta 9.1 ? I've deleted the beta profile in settings but nothing showing up under software updates. I want to leave the beta program now

You can't update from 9.1 to 9.0

You need to restore your device to 9.0 using iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

Just installed iOS 9. Is there a way to remove the news stories under search when you swipe left?

june2015 wrote: »

It will be downgrade, make sure you have 9.1 backup incase you can not restore backup to 9.0, atleast you can go back to 9.1. Here is handy guide

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/16/how-to-downgrade-ios-9-1to-ios-9-0/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not so far.

eebow wrote: »
    Just installed iOS 9. Is there a way to remove the news stories under search when you swipe left?

Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Spotlight Suggestions > Off

Not so far.

Ah ok had same in iOS 8 hoped 9 would sort, gonna call em tomorrow as its under warranty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Zcott wrote: »
    Tried a different podcast client, or unsubscribe and resubscribe?
    colmulhall wrote: »
    Try Overcast. Its a great podcast player that's already been updated for iOS 9.

Thanks both. The BBC FOOC podcast says the last time I refreshed it was August 13th, which is baffling. It only seems to update if I connect to iTunes and downloads episodes that way. Tried unsubscribing/resubscribing on the device itself, nada. Elsewhere, the Bill Maher podcast, episode 363 had the text details (panellist info) that didn't match what was the audio. They titled it 'new version', so maybe there was a technical snafu. The Top Charts and Search functions don't seem to do anything either. Running 9.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

how exactly does IOS9 give better battery life ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Crystal - Block Ads, Browse Faster. by Dean Murphy
    https://appsto.re/ie/Cat78.i

Thanks for that nice little App works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

From the beta, 9 is so smooth

pudzey101 wrote: »
    how exactly does IOS9 give better battery life ?

With the new low power mode It should give an iPhone around an hour more battery life.

iPad Air 2 is so much quicker on iOS 9.

With the new low power mode It should give an iPhone around an hour more battery life.

It's an hour extra in normal usage and with low power mode an additional 3 hours, according to Macrumors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It's an hour extra in normal usage and with low power mode an additional 3 hours, according to Macrumors.

cool !!! badly needed , and can "low power mode " be activated at anytime or have u to be at <10% battery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

pudzey101 wrote: »
    cool !!! badly needed , and can "low power mode " be activated at anytime or have u to be at <10% battery ?

Any time. Just go to settings> battery and toggle it on.

PJ-CD395_STERN_9U_20150915140010.jpg

Blockr is another good ad block lads just got it for 99 cents, it seems to block far more than crystal from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Does anyone else have the issue of Spotlight search not working properly? It only searches my messages from the last few months or so. It was the same on iOS8, though I'd hoped they'd have solved it this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Blockr is another good ad block lads just got it for 99 cents, it seems to block far more than crystal from what I can see.

How does Blockr deal with the white space left by banner ads like here?

Advertisement