Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Zcott wrote: »
    How does Blockr deal with the white space left by banner ads like here?

Keep in mind I'm only using it for a couple of hours, but it seems to remove the ad and then replace it with the same colour as the site back ground if that makes sense? See the images here, it's same as Adblock and Adblock+ on chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Running safari on an iPhone with an ad-blocker is crazy fast now. Sites load up almost instantly. It's mad just how much bandwidth was taken up by ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So....... some issues. I updated to iOS9 last night and I'm having some issues with the new Notes app. For some reason, The new features (drawing, check lists etc etc) are only restricted to my iCloud folder. All of the other folders associated with my other email accounts don't allow these. Why? Also, why are notes associated with email accounts? I've tried to create a new folder but it automatically goes under my iCloud account and I can't move it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The new features in Notes require the iCloud backend. Traditional note syncing uses IMAP which is pretty slow and restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Update took forever last night but phone seems faster since.

Couple of things, i downloaded crystal and enabled the content blocker in settings, i am still seeing ads on boards for example, is this right or am i just misunderstanding what this app should do?

Also the icloud drive app, says i have zero files and 13.3gb remaining, any way to see the files taking up 6.7gb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

What phone are you using. I'm using crystal on a 6 and no ads appear on boards now. iCloud Drive doesn't show backups. I'd imagine that's what is taking up the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Couple of things, i downloaded crystal and enabled the content blocker in settings, i am still seeing ads on boards for example, is this right or am i just misunderstanding what this app should do?

Also the icloud drive app, says i have zero files and 13.3gb remaining, any way to see the files taking up 6.7gb?

Your iCloud backups or iCloud Photo Library?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I had to close Safari and reopen before Crystal started working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Really great seeing a lot of apps supporting split view. Currently reading boards and Twitter at the same time :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

They have updated the iCloud tiers now, I was on the 20GB PM so it should be upgraded to the 50GB but it's still showing the space remaining for the 20GB anybody know why this is ? Or will it update after the next bill cycle?

• Advertisement

They have updated the iCloud tiers now, I was on the 20GB PM so it should be upgraded to the 50GB but it's still showing the space remaining for the 20GB anybody know why this is ? Or will it update after the next bill cycle?

I'm in the same boat but my 20gb plan doesn't expire until next year. I think manually choosing 50gb is a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Using the 6 plus, ive closed safari but i still see the adverts that appear in between every couple of posts. Il try restart the phone maybe.

Yea maybe the back l ups dont show the i just though some apps data at least would appear, so am i right in assuming icloud drive app is just like google drive app to store and view stuff?

Edit - ok i turned phone off and no joy, then i turned crystal report site on and attempted to report boards to say it isnt working and it refreshed the app it said and i refreshed safari and long story short it is now working! Looks great with no ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone else seeing a screen orientation issue on iPad Air 2 since the update? In the home (App view) I can't reorientate my screen when I flick from portrait to landscape. If I open an App I can orientate just fine but the screen stays in it's existing rotation once I close the app and go back to the home screen. My iPad soft reset shortly after launch which seemed to fix the issue but I needed to do a Home + Power reset later and the issue reappeared. There is no issue on my old iPad Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Same here I persume this will change next month when billed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

Tried downloading Crystal there. Says the item is being updated..

Zcott wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat but my 20gb plan doesn't expire until next year. I think manually choosing 50gb is a bit more expensive.

In upgrade settings within iCloud 50GB is 99c which is already selected. Do you pay a yearly sub? I only have the option to pay per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have 20gb for €10.99 per year. It works out less than a euro extra over the year for 50gb but I'm only using about 9gb so there's no point to upgrade yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

eebow wrote: »
    Tried downloading Crystal there. Says the item is being updated..

I have an app update available for Crystal so it's probably available again. Apple servers have taken a hit due to iOS 9, it took ages downloading apps for me last night. They're probably still running slow and suffering with issues like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all. I'm running iOS 9.1 public beta. Just wonder is the official iOS 9 out, as I'm not getting a software update?
    Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

guil wrote: »
    I have 20gb for €10.99 per year. It works out less than a euro extra over the year for 50gb but I'm only using about 9gb so there's no point to upgrade yet

Same with me, no need to upgrade until necessary I suppose. 50GB is a great updgrade for basically the same price. I don't see myself even needing above 20GB for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

jay28 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm running iOS 9.1 public beta. Just wonder is the official iOS 9 out, as I'm not getting a software update?
    Many thanks
    why would you when you are on 9.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

jay28 wrote: »
    Many thanks

Yep it came out yesterday. 9to5mac have a good tutorial to get back to the GM:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/16/how-to-downgrade-ios-9-1to-ios-9-0/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmmm, I've set my Region to UK and I'm still not seeing the News app. I did a hard restart on the phone too.

In upgrade settings within iCloud 50GB is 99c which is already selected. Do you pay a yearly sub? I only have the option to pay per month.

Yep, I was paying £7.49 a year. The new price for 50gb is 79p a month so it's a bit more expensive. I'm only using 12gb so no hurry to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

chrislad wrote: »
    Hmmm, I've set my Region to UK and I'm still not seeing the News app. I did a hard restart on the phone too.

Try just turning off the phone and then on again. It should appear as the last app on your last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How do I change region to get the news app?

Ryanair won't work when Crystal ad blocker is enabled anybody else see this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I thought the new News app was US only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Ryanair won't work when Crystal ad blocker is enabled anybody else see this problem ?

Yes I've seen a few sites that seem to have this issue

Advertisement