Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well I had my monitoring this morning and my blood pressure has gone up (it was very slightly up last week, but it's up more now.) So I have to go back tomorrow to the midwife for another monitoring and again on Monday, and if it keeps going up, they'll induce me before the due date. Flip it, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ah feck.
    I've been having contractions since midnight, they're stronger.But very irregular.Downward pressure is there, not bad but...there.Plug has gone but I don't feel they're enough to go to the hospital with yet.I'm afraid if I go in they'll induce to speed things up.
    But I feel if I keep going like this I should call it at some point and go in, even just to get checked.We may both end up being induced.
    Btw, my yoga teacher tells me nipple stimulation is a good way to move things along....she recommended using a breast pump for a min or so on each breast as it produces some hormone.Only to be done if you are actually having contractions though, even Braxton Hicks
    Maybe that might help you if you had one??
    Hopefully you'll go soon Ivy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fingers crossed things settle on their own Ivy!

Blood pressure is back to normal.
    Bodies are weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

My due date came and went this week, I don't mind having to wait a little while longer before baby arrives although one thing that is annoying me are all the texts messages from family and in-laws looking for updates. I think if there was anything happening I would have told them! A part of me wants to hibernate this weekend and not see anyone because the conversation always seems to come back to baby talk and I'm getting a bit weary of it :(

• Advertisement

Painful contractions every 10 minutes from 2am last night, til 7.30am. So no sleep.
    But now they've stopped. Get out, troll baby!

When are you due Ivy? Hopefully not long to go!

When are you due Ivy? Hopefully not long to go!
    The 20th!

39 weeks today and not a whimper of anything - midwife on Friday seemed to think that I'm going to go a decent chunk over. Prove her wrong please, contrary baby :)

Painful contractions every 10 minutes from 2am last night, til 7.30am. So no sleep.
    But now they've stopped. Get out, troll baby!

Oh Ivy, that's gas - we went to the hospital Friday night with the exact same thing!! Went from 20 mins down to every 10 mins, I gave it 3.5 hours then went in feeling some pressure, and was admitted due to last labour being relatively speedy (for a first baby).And it stopped around 7am!! Couldn't believe it, I was disgusted. Only thing was that the doctor checked and said it's around 1cm which was good to know. I told them I was going home at 9am :) the midwife looked surprised then delighted.

I'm with you - out, out baby!!

• Advertisement

Mini Ivy was born last night after a reasonably quick and not too painful labour!

Congrats Ivy :D

That's wonderful news, happy to hear mini Ivy has arrived safe and well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Aw congratulations Ivy. Hope you and mini Ivy are doing well :-)

Huge congrats Ivy!Well done!

My bundle arrived yesterday, a little boy but we didn't call him Patrick  It was tough going, I was up all Tuesday night, Wednesday and early hours Paddy's Day with contractions but I still hadn't dilated more than a cm 

Due to concerns about his heart rate they recommended a c-section, I was disappointed to have gone through so much the previous 24 hrs to still require an emergency cs but so long as he's here safe and well that is what matters. Holles St staff were great and even though I learned yesterday that it had been a very busy night it never felt like that, they were attentive and calmly explained everything so we never felt panicky about his possible distress

I'm wrecked this morning, but looking forward to bringing him home in the next few days

Congratulations hollymartins! :)
    I hope your recovery goes well!

Congrats Holly :)

Congrats Holly!!

When I was in the Rotunda last weekend they said they were having a crazy night too - god, from the calm air about the place you wouldn't think so. They're just so good at what they do. As you say - it doesn't matter how he got here, he's here safe and sound :)Enjoy him

Congratulations holly and hollybaby :-)

• Advertisement

Thank you everyone, best of luck to all who are waiting for their babies to make an appearance :)

Ivy were you induced at the end of it all or did it happen naturally?
    I'm being driven nuts by stop/start contractions here, it's tough going. Never bad enough to go into hospital but enough to make life miserable!

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    Ivy were you induced at the end of it all or did it happen naturally?
    I'm being driven nuts by stop/start contractions here, it's tough going. Never bad enough to go into hospital but enough to make life miserable!
    Oh I went naturally in the end, she came a week early!

MiniCheese made his swift arrival into the world on Sunday night. I was admitted to the delievery room at 18:45 and he was born at 18:56.

Unfortunately he was very poorly and still in intensive care but he is stable. So we're keeping everything crossed that he'll be home in a few weeks.

Congratulations, wow that was a very speedy arrival, is it your first?

We brought our guy home yesterday, I hope your little one gets stronger each day and you will be able to bring them home soon.

3 days over now... a little stir crazy and a bit bored because I've been off work for three and a half weeks already! Have had a few twinges but nothing of any substance at all.

Sorry to hear MiniCheese is poorly, hopefully things get better soon!

Congratulations, wow that was a very speedy arrival, is it your first?

Thank you, it was quick alright - short but painful, no time for any pain relief except for the gas. He is our second and most likely our last.

Good luck Kirby and everyone else still waiting to meet their little ones.

Congrats Mistycheese, hope the baba gets well soon :-)

Congratulations MistyCheese, and I hope your little baby gets to go home soon!

• Advertisement

5 days overdue, induction booked for next Friday - the thought of going that far really isn't filling me with great joy. Have been trying all the traditional stuff - lovely spicy Thai meal out last night, plenty of walking (and other activities ;) ), pineapple...

Advertisement